Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U $35 at BestBuy and Amazon

its also 34.99 on amazon right now. just days after buying it for 39.99 :(
you can try post PM at Amazon, just ask nicely. But I bought it in Target so no further PM for me. Still glad I got it since all Target in my area are out of MH3, except one where the parking is alone is more than $10.

This game is awesome. I bought a Wii U for it during the Target sale on Wii Us ($50 gift card with purchase). Well worth $60, a steal for $35.

Tri hit $10, so I'm thinking this one will drop to at least $20 or so.

Is it worth picking this up for 3DS as well?  I bought it for Wii U, but I've never played a Monster Hunter game before so I thought I better wait before buying it on 3DS as well.

Worth picking up if I don't have a Wii U yet? I'm thinking of getting one soon but I can't see myself buying this if the price is gonna be lower by the time I get the system.

Had got this at Target @ 39.99....just opened it on Saturday...sigh...
You still may be able to get a pricematch as their return policy is 90 days. Bring your receipt with you to the store, and they will price match Best Buy and Amazon, you do not have to bring the item with you. I have done this in the past.. hopefully they have not changed the policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You still may be able to get a pricematch as their return policy is 90 days. Bring your receipt with you to the store, and they will price match Best Buy and Amazon, you do not have to bring the item with you. I have done this in the past.. hopefully they have not changed the policy.
Thanks for the info. I have to run there after work, so I'll have a go.

I really want to play this game. Shit, I'm not buying another damn time sink. But it looks fun. I'm not buying this damn game. 

I bought the damn game. Thanks OP.

Is it worth picking this up for 3DS as well? I bought it for Wii U, but I've never played a Monster Hunter game before so I thought I better wait before buying it on 3DS as well.
Some people like it on the 3DS, but I hated the controls and after playing it so much on the Wii-U it was hard to get used to the severely downgraded visuals.

This is good to know, wouldn't mind saving $5
plus tax.

I got this last week from Amazon for $39.99. I emailed them last night about the price drop and they said because it was within 7 days they would go ahead and refund me $5.

Some people like it on the 3DS, but I hated the controls and after playing it so much on the Wii-U it was hard to get used to the severely downgraded visuals.
so the wii u version does look better? i was wondering because frankly the 3ds version looks like crap, IMO of course

It looks like a PS2 game, so yes.
You must be running your Wii U through AV cables on your standard television? Try running it through the HDMI cable, and you will see how great the game looks. The Wii U is certainly capable of running games in 1080p.

Seriously, what is the point of taking a shot at the Wii U? Either buy one or don't, there is no need to troll the console. Why are you even posting on this page?

You can try the demo to see the graphics. On wii u it's HD, much much better than on 3ds.

I think this is a game that everyone should try out if you have the TIME to put into it.. i already have 120hours locked in it xD and i didn't even finish all my g rank quest but i got bored a bit since i got all the armor + weapons i wanted... but its a fantastic game to pickup and play whenever. I'd reccomend it @ this price.

But beware you might get addicted. 

You must be running your Wii U through AV cables on your standard television? Try running it through the HDMI cable, and you will see how great the game looks. The Wii U is certainly capable of running games in 1080p.​

Seriously, what is the point of taking a shot at the Wii U? Either buy one or don't, there is no need to troll the console. Why are you even posting on this page?​
Pretty sure they meant the 3DS version looks like a ps2 game. Reading comprehension man, need to relax a bit.

You must be running your Wii U through AV cables on your standard television? Try running it through the HDMI cable, and you will see how great the game looks. The Wii U is certainly capable of running games in 1080p.

Seriously, what is the point of taking a shot at the Wii U? Either buy one or don't, there is no need to troll the console. Why are you even posting on this page?
I have a WiiU and I have Monster Hunter (both for the WiiU and the 3DS). It looks terrible on the WiiU (although the 3DS version is significantly worse).

I'm posting because someone asked a question and I gave an honest answer. Just because it's not an answer you wanted to hear doesn't mean I shouldn't post it.

I have both and I think the WiiU looks fine, and the 3DS looks decent enough. Is it ultra amazing graphics? No. Does it cause me to not want to play the game? No.

Yeah, I've played the demo.  The Wii U version looks fine.  Does it look AMAZING?  No.  Is it indicative of what the Wii U can look like at it's best?  No.  But it looks damn fine for a Wii port.  The textures are greatly improved and the resolution is nice and crisp, but it is limited by the poly counts of the original models.  Still, it's by FAR the best looking Monster Hunter game.

Tri hit $10, so I'm thinking this one will drop to at least $20 or so.
I'm not so sure that its a good idea to wait on this one. I went around to the Best Buys in my area over the weekend, and none of them were carrying it in store anymore. Ditto for Toys R Us. I suspect that retailers aren't going to be stocking the game for much longer. We might be looking at a limited run on the WiiU edition. This happens with some Japanese games that don't sell as well.

In these instances the game's used price spikes horrendously. If they really have stopped printing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, it will be hard to find new in a month, and in two the used price will probably break $100. While it is tempting to hope for a Target clearance, I wouldn't rely on it for a title like this.

Thanks for all the answers guys, I think I'll wait until later to pick up the 3DS version even though it's on sale now.  If I like the Wii U one I'll probably pick it up for my next vacation.

Pretty sure they meant the 3DS version looks like a ps2 game. Reading comprehension man, need to relax a bit.
Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension? The poster was clearly talking about the Wii U version. I have an M.D., so my reading comprehension is excellent, and obviously much better than yours. :roll:

Anyway, graphics aside, the game is pretty fun once you get used to it. This will definitely be taking up what little free time I have! I am glad I got it for $35.

This game will pretty much justify having a Wii U, it is fun as all heck, everyone by default has a mic (whether they have it ON or use it is a different story) and is VERY easy to sink a couple hundred hours into it. Also they had the update in April that let's you play it solely on the tablet. This game is fantastic and worth $35 easily, and took me off of my 360 for at least two solid weeks.

Richard Kain, on 02 Jul 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:I'm not so sure that its a good idea to wait on this one. I went around to the Best Buys in my area over the weekend, and none of them were carrying it in store anymore. Ditto for Toys R Us. I suspect that retailers aren't going to be stocking the game for much longer. We might be looking at a limited run on the WiiU edition. This happens with some Japanese games that don't sell as well.
In these instances the game's used price spikes horrendously. If they really have stopped printing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, it will be hard to find new in a month, and in two the used price will probably break $100. While it is tempting to hope for a Target clearance, I wouldn't rely on it for a title like this.

Will it hold that much value with part 4 coming out soon?

Richard Kain, on 02 Jul 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:I'm not so sure that its a good idea to wait on this one. I went around to the Best Buys in my area over the weekend, and none of them were carrying it in store anymore. Ditto for Toys R Us. I suspect that retailers aren't going to be stocking the game for much longer. We might be looking at a limited run on the WiiU edition. This happens with some Japanese games that don't sell as well.

Will it hold that much value with part 4 coming out soon?

What I read from the web is, MH4 will only come to 3ds. No plan for Wii U yet. It's probably due to the poor wii u sale.

Thanks for the info! I wanted the game so I just picked it up at Best Buy for $46 thanks to an amazon price match. They now have 1 copy left.

bread's done
Back