$40 for $50 Amazon gift card or PSN card, more at Meijer (in store w/ coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronmills

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
$50 Amazon gift cards are just $40 at Meijer (in store only, with coupon) through July 4th.

It's part of Meijer's "Summer Bucks" promotion which can be used on any general merchandise purchases including Amazon Kindle gift cards, PSN cards, video games, etc. The amount taken off per purchase varies. In this case, it's $10 off anything over $49.97.

Note: The promotion will not work on regular Amazon gift cards - only Kindle cards, which can be used to purchase anything on Amazon.

Just sign up for mPerks (Meijer's digital coupon website), clip the "Summer Bucks" coupon, go to your local Meijer store, grab an Amazon Kindle gift card (in the electronics section), and head to the checkout (use the self-checkout...it's way easier).

You can only use one coupon per transaction - however, you can repeat it as many times as you'd like. I bought 8 $50 Kindle cards for $40 each on 8 different transactions, then cashed them in on my Amazon account for my PS4 preorder, which makes my PS4 $320 out of pocket instead of $400. 

Not too shabby.

I've been taking advantage of this for a few years purchasing $50 PSN cards for $40, but didn't think of trying it on Kindle cards until now. But I'm glad I did!

Helpful links:

Meijer Store Locator (locations in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio & Kentucky)

Meijer mPerks website (sign up, sign in & clip coupons)

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have the PS4 preordered on amazon. How do I change the payment method to gift cards? The only option I'm seeing under change payment method is to add another credit card.

I already have the PS4 preordered on amazon. How do I change the payment method to gift cards? The only option I'm seeing under change payment method is to add another credit card.
Go to your "Open Orders" in your Amazon account...click on "Order Details" for your PS4 preorder. If you have a gift card balance, the top of the details page will say "Important Message: You have a gift account balance of $XX.XX." Followed by a button that says "Apply balance to this order".

Click that button and it will apply your gift card balance to your order. Or, you can also scroll down the page and you'll also see the same "Apply balance to this order" button below your payment information.

If you have $200 worth of gift cards and your order is for $400, your order total will now be $200 with the additional $200 being paid by gift cards.

Be aware that the your gift card balance is now tied to that order, so the only way to get that gift card money back would be to cancel your order.

Closet store for me is nearly 2 hours away.... I don't think thats nearly worth it for me. 

Great deal for those closer by though. PS4 for $320? That's fantastic. 

It works even though it says it excludes gift cards?

Yeah, it's strange that it works. But I guess they consider gift cards to be GC's for Meijer as well as ones for restaurants and similar places that you can get near the front of the store.

Kindle, PSN, Microsoft Points, Wii cards...they're all located in the electronics department and ring up as "general merchandise" items.

Meijer typical has coupons like this every two or three months, so look for it at least once or twice more before the end of the year.

This is a good deal. Most of the time you are saving 15% with the Meijer coupons. This deal is saving 20%.

DAMN nice find Millsy if you got money to spend today! I'll try this out and if it works i'll buy $600 worth of credit for $480 cash today.

I have a PS4 and XB1 on lock for day 1 from Amazon since i'm still undecided but leaning Sony... I was planning on GS midnight release day for a PS4 but $80 savings I can wait and get my $100 back from the devil or just sell my reserve to a friend since I am #6.

Already spoken for:

$80 Madden 14 with free NFL ticket

$320 PS4 or $400 XB1

+ tax since I live 5 minutes from the Amazon shipping most all the games..

Hmmm Maybe I should buy more today since November gonna be expensive....

I have a question. Can you clip the coupon once and then use it several times, or do you have to clip it again every time you use it?

Clip it once and you're good to go. It's linked to your mPerks account until the deal expires at the end of the day on July 4th.

Grab Kindle card...go to self checkout...enter mPerks info on screen...scan card...price drops to $40...pay...repeat as many times as you'd like.

nice find op

I might do this for my preordered xbox one. I already have a $100 amazon gc from my credit card.
If I buy 8 of these it would bring the cost to $320 for the new console.

Clip it once and you're good to go. It's linked to your mPerks account until the deal expires at the end of the day on July 4th.

Grab Kindle card...go to self checkout...enter mPerks info on screen...scan card...price drops to $40...pay...repeat as many times as you'd like.
Thanks! I'll probably buy 4-5. I won't clear out the whole store so that others have a chance to get it too.

Thanks for the advice, OP! Your directions worked perfectly for getting the gift card balance to apply to my PS4 preorder. $320 is an amazing deal for the PS4!

The only pain in the ass part was doing the same transaction 8 times and typing in the same information over and over. The employees at the self-checkout were shooting me weird looks after the 4th card. But that was well worth getting $80 off of a new console. Thanks again!

Thanks for the advice, OP! Your directions worked perfectly for getting the gift card balance to apply to my PS4 preorder. $320 is an amazing deal for the PS4!

The only pain in the ass part was doing the same transaction 8 times and typing in the same information over and over. The employees at the self-checkout were shooting me weird looks after the 4th card. But that was well worth getting $80 off of a new console. Thanks again!
Could have walked to the set at the other end or just gone to a cashier. ;)

I feel like one of those crazy Slick Deals hoarders. Gonna buy a total of 16 of the $25 gift cards.

I hope I don't get banned from Meijer LOL. I ship eBay stuff there a lot.

FYI:  The Summer Bucks may be available in store as well.  My store had a sheet of them from a flier by each register, but I didn't check the physical ad in store.  Also, the employee who rang me up was able to do all of my cards ($400: 3 $50 and the rest in  $25() in one transaction,, so ymmv on that.

FYI: The Summer Bucks may be available in store as well. My store had a sheet of them from a flier by each register, but I didn't check the physical ad in store. Also, the employee who rang me up was able to do all of my cards ($400: 3 $50 and the rest in $25() in one transaction,, so ymmv on that.
they must have changed the price of each one because the register will only accept one coupon of each. I just went back to electronics and did my transaction there. They have the coupons taped to the register and just scan them making the process a lot faster than entering in my mperks each time.

they must have changed the price of each one because the register will only accept one coupon of each. I just went back to electronics and did my transaction there. They have the coupons taped to the register and just scan them making the process a lot faster than entering in my mperks each time.
I couldn't help myself...went back and got $200 more. There are sales flyers with the summer bucks right by the entrance, no need to signup for the perks program if you don't want to. I took my 8 cards to the register, they scanned the cards, they scanned the coupon 8 times, I paid, done. Maybe the perks program coupons work different than the ones in store. BTW this is an Indiana store.

For the Illinois CAGs, don't count on finding the Kindle Cards. The state has a mad on for Amazon because of the whole no tax business and won't let ost major retailers sell them. I've only been able to score a gift card once in a blue moon but got the low down from a Target awhile back. I did, however, stock up on PSN and Nintendo bucks so not a loss at all. 

Thanks OP. I ended up buying 18 $25 Kindle GCs because they were out of the $50s. Took awhile to check out, but worth it to save $90. I'll be able to pay off the PS4 +tax and half of a game.

Yeah, mPerks are once per transactions, but if your store has them printed out on a flyer (like the one I work at), or even near the greeter stands (which is where they usually are), it's one per item.  Just ask the cashier if they have a flyer...a lot of the people I checked out today had no clue we were doing it until I saved them 50 bucks, lol.

Also, in my market at least, it seems like we do one of these every couple weeks.  We had one 2 weeks ago, as well as this week.  It's usually a 2 day sale type of thing.  Probably will be 2 more before the end of August.

EDIT: I may actually end up having to take advantage of this myself.  Deciding on whether to use it on Kindle cards, or MSP...

On my way to work tonight I picked up 2 $50 cards at one Meijer(They have had SEVERAL of both values), and then stopped at a 2nd Meijer which was a completely different story. They were out of the $50's and didn't have many $25 left. The cashier scanned the coupon after each Kindle card and was able to do 12 $25 on one receipt. PS4 paid off!

Yeah, mPerks are once per transactions, but if your store has them printed out on a flyer (like the one I work at), or even near the greeter stands (which is where they usually are), it's one per item. Just ask the cashier if they have a flyer...a lot of the people I checked out today had no clue we were doing it until I saved them 50 bucks, lol.
Yeah I remember when I used to work at meijer I'd tell people about the coupons that were buying things and they loved me for it lol.

In my area these coupons are usually a seasonal thing. Xmas, easter and the 4th are really the main times you see them. The 15% credit card sale is the only regular thing.

Edit: just read the summer bucks coupon and it does say one per item. Shit I wish I would have known that. Would have made my life a hell of a lot easier.

For the Illinois CAGs, don't count on finding the Kindle Cards. The state has a mad on for Amazon because of the whole no tax business and won't let ost major retailers sell them. I've only been able to score a gift card once in a blue moon but got the low down from a Target awhile back. I did, however, stock up on PSN and Nintendo bucks so not a loss at all.
I was able to find 4 of them last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back