Fable Anniversary (Xbox 360) $29.99 Amazon.com Preorder

It's still $10 more than what any ONE HD remake should cost.
There's a huge difference between converting a game to run in higher resolution (the Ubisoft packs, the Sony packs) and actually remaking the game. From what I saw, both this and Halo took a lot more effort than something like the HD packs that are cranked out by other studios. This is closer to the Flashback XBLA release than the Beyond Good & Evil one. I think $30 is reasonable for what is essentially a new game styled after an older one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well lock in a preorder just in case. Hopefully they toss in a good preorder bonus like they did for Halo CE. Play Fable 1 again for achievements? Absofreakinglutely!

If anyone is curious about whether this is an HD remaster or a full remake, just read the product description and it tells you flat out

I am still surprised that very few people here actually do that

I had no idea this was even coming out. I watched my friend play this a long time ago on PC and it looked like lots of fun. Still haven't played Fable 3 from XBL Gold yet, though people tell me it's the worst of the trio.

I had no idea this was even coming out. I watched my friend play this a long time ago on PC and it looked like lots of fun. Still haven't played Fable 3 from XBL Gold yet, though people tell me it's the worst of the trio.
Fable 3 is no doubt the weakest of the series. Two hit that nice blend of action, story and comedy that few games do. I actually wanted to get 1000/1000 on that one.

Back on topic... This new version seems cool but when I can get TLC during a steam sale for $2 you've got to do a lot more than pretty things up to justify a $30 price point

$30? Not bad, but $20 would be even better. Graphics overhaul, smart glass use, achievements... what else are they adding? 

Also, going to have to agree: Fable 1> Fable 2> Fable 3> Fable "KInect Journey. It's been getting worst each release, so kinda glad they went the HD remake route considering what's been going on. Hope Fable 4 redeems the series when it releases on the XB1, but I have my doubts.

$30? Not bad, but $20 would be even better. Graphics overhaul, smart glass use, achievements... what else are they adding?

Also, going to have to agree: Fable 1> Fable 2> Fable 3> Fable "KInect Journey. It's been getting worst each release, so kinda glad they went the HD remake route considering what's been going on. Hope Fable 4 redeems the series when it releases on the XB1, but I have my doubts.
You know what would be even better?

$10

First one was fun but had very little content. I remember buying it day 1 and finishing it in a day and being extremely disappointed. Other than Halo it was one of my first Xbox purchases. :(

I remember being underwhelmed by Fable, but I'd like to give it another shot. Hopefully the remake will eventually hit PC.

$29.99? Nice.

Hopefully that is the MSRP, because that is a pretty good price for it.

It's still $10 more than what any ONE HD remake should cost.
Hardly any releases are actually HD remakes, though. Most are just pretty much straight ports. This is more like a total renovation like Halo Anniversary was, graphically at least, so $30 seems fair.

There's a huge difference between converting a game to run in higher resolution (the Ubisoft packs, the Sony packs) and actually remaking the game. From what I saw, both this and Halo took a lot more effort than something like the HD packs that are cranked out by other studios. This is closer to the Flashback XBLA release than the Beyond Good & Evil one. I think $30 is reasonable for what is essentially a new game styled after an older one.
CEA was only a graphical upgrade. (with the addition of terminals and skulls in the new graphics mode)

The game assets and stuff were from the PC version, just the new graphics mode had redone textures and such.

Loved this game on OG Xbox.. don't remember if i actually beat it but I did play the hell out of Fable 2 and 3.

Def want this! Hopefully it comes out before the next gen consoles come out so I can give it some play time.

I remember being underwhelmed by Fable, but I'd like to give it another shot. Hopefully the remake will eventually hit PC.
Yep. I remember Peter hyping it as the best RPG ever made. I think those were even his exact words when giving interviews [don't quote me on that]. The hype on that game was sooooo high.

Then it turned out to be a extremely easy action rpg with a short story and that's about it. Was very disappointing for me.

Thanks, OP.

Pre-ordered it for $30.  I'll stick with the pre-order if the game comes out before GTAV ('cause after that, I know what game I'm playing).

bread's done
Back