Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (360/PS3) - $29.99 @ Amazon

I didn't like the original, but really *wanted* to like it.  Been thinking about picking this up and trying again.

That's dumb, I know.  I still have the original.

Has it not remained this price? Got it for $30 on amazon 2 months ago.
Its been this price every time I've looked at it for a little while now. I'm waiting for $15-20... too much to play right now.

I didn't like the original, but really *wanted* to like it. Been thinking about picking this up and trying again.

That's dumb, I know. I still have the original.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the new one has a much needed "fast travel" system. Friend of mine was so annoyed that it took so long to get from one place to the other in the vanilla.

That's all the more reason to get this one; for your time and sanity.

Its been this price every time I've looked at it for a little while now. I'm waiting for $15-20... too much to play right now.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the new one has a much needed "fast travel" system. Friend of mine was so annoyed that it took so long to get from one place to the other in the vanilla.

That's all the more reason to get this one; for your time and sanity.
Shouldn't that be included via free patch for the vanilla?

Shouldn't that be included via free patch for the vanilla?
That's why I asked for someone to correct me if I was wrong, because I'm just going on feedback from a friend. I've been reading about it, and from what I can tell fast travel isn't readily available until you start a NG+. Pretty weak.

Maybe I was just thinking of all the complaints that people had about the lack of fast travel, but I had thought I heard that Dark Arisen made it easier. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have an original dragons dogma save your character or new character you create gets an eternal ferrystone that you can use eternally to fast travel/teleport from place to place this is available from the start no new game + needed.

In a way, they made fast travel easier by drastically reducing the price of ferrystones. If I remember correctly, it dropped from 10k to 1k through Fournival and 20k down to 2k through the Black Cat.

If you have an original dragons dogma save your character or new character you create gets an eternal ferrystone that you can use eternally to fast travel/teleport from place to place this is available from the start no new game + needed.
Ahh, so that's what it was. Thanks for clarifying.

So picking up Dark Arisen with no previous save means no eternal stone. Shenanigans. Would probably be worth it to buy a used copy of the vanilla at GS to start a new game then returning within the 7 day window.

Ahh, so that's what it was. Thanks for clarifying.

So picking up Dark Arisen with no previous save means no eternal stone. Shenanigans. Would probably be worth it to buy a used copy of the vanilla at GS to start a new game then returning within the 7 day window.
Actually, not a bad idea....never saw this game in my GS though.

bread's done
Back