Assassin's Creed 3 (Console) $19.99 at Walmart B&M (YMMV)

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, I was out at Wal-mart picking up a few groceries and supplies when I passed by the game isle.

Sitting on the shelf for $19.99 was both the 360 and PS3 versions of Assassin's Creed 3.

This is a hell of a deal, and I cannot find it matched on any website or storefront when I got home.

I had the electronics department check it, and they don't know if it is a sale, momentary price drop, or perminant price drop so I'd say check your local stores ASAP.

I'm thinking about going back to grab it myself.

So how is this game? I am currently playing through Revelations and am loving it.

I found this deal at this Walmart

555 E Main St
Orange, MA 01364
Phone: (978) 544-5800

Good luck and happy hunting!

$15 Games on Demands right now. But I can understand the benefits of having a disc copy. Really great game for $20. My favorite one of the series. Cannot wait for 4.

$15 Games on Demands right now. But I can understand the benefits of having a disc copy. Really great game for $20. My favorite one of the series. Cannot wait for 4.
Yea, I'm switching to the PS4 for my primary system next gen.

How are these games on the PS3? (1 through 3.. I heard there were very minor/margainal differences)

How are these games on the PS3? (1 through 3.. I heard there were very minor/margainal differences)
I'm also going PS4. I only played Brotherhood on the PS3 and the rest on 360, but I couldn't tell a difference.

I'm also going PS4. I only played Brotherhood on the PS3 and the rest on 360, but I couldn't tell a difference.
Hopefully someone else will chime in and tell me.

I wonder if the controller will feel better to.. holding the trigger so much hurts.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and tell me.
I wonder if the controller will feel better to.. holding the trigger so much hurts.
As far as I know I couldn't see a difference (although I haven't played much of the Xbox version other than a few hours at my friend's house). And for the controllers, I like the size of the Xbox controller in terms of size. It fits my hands better because its bigger. But the buttons seem pretty clunky compared to the Dualshock (especially clicking in the sticks) I hope the new controllers on both next gen consoles fixed those issues a little bit. And in regards to the triggers, there's pros and cons at least for me. I don't have any of the same games on both consoles but I can at least compare the generes. I like the triggers on the Xbox for racing games and sports games, while for FPS games I like the PS3 non triggers. I like holding down the gas and stuff with the trigger for racing games, but like the R1/L1 feel for more controlled shots in FPS (I have a feeling this might be opposite for most people). But there's just my opinion of the two.

As far as I know I couldn't see a difference (although I haven't played much of the Xbox version other than a few hours at my friend's house). And for the controllers, I like the size of the Xbox controller in terms of size. It fits my hands better because its bigger. But the buttons seem pretty clunky compared to the Dualshock (especially clicking in the sticks) I hope the new controllers on both next gen consoles fixed those issues a little bit. And in regards to the triggers, there's pros and cons at least for me. I don't have any of the same games on both consoles but I can at least compare the generes. I like the triggers on the Xbox for racing games and sports games, while for FPS games I like the PS3 non triggers. I like holding down the gas and stuff with the trigger for racing games, but like the R1/L1 feel for more controlled shots in FPS (I have a feeling this might be opposite for most people). But there's just my opinion of the two.
More of I like the PS3 controller for every game type accept FPS.. while the 360 feels wonderful, and works well for FPS the triggers make racing and action games not as comfortable. The front buttons and analog thumbstick feel great but eh.

The 360 was my go to console, just because most things ran much better. But with Microsoft's resent dickery.. I've given more and more effort to my PS3

I own AC Brohood and Revelations on Xbox. I didn't like the controls much and never beat them. Got ACIII on PS3 and loved the controls (although the game controls are wonky at times). aCIII is amazing

More of I like the PS3 controller for every game type accept FPS.. while the 360 feels wonderful, and works well for FPS the triggers make racing and action games not as comfortable. The front buttons and analog thumbstick feel great but eh.

The 360 was my go to console, just because most things ran much better. But with Microsoft's resent dickery.. I've given more and more effort to my PS3
Oh sorry I completely left out the important paper haha. I like ACIII more with the PS3 controls. I guess in general I feel like I have more tighter, accurate controls with the PS3, while the Xbox feels more comfortable other than the clunky buttons.

My main console has been the PS3. My Xbox 360 was pretty much only for the exclusives. I'm definitely going with the PS4 too. (Microsoft has really messed up these days) I might get the Xbox One someday though when it's cheaper because some of the exclusives look pretty good)

saw this in Concord and Hooksett NH earlier this week, texted it to a coupe of friends and my brother because i know its something theyve been waiting on.

i picked it up for 10 a few months back when gamestop had it down to 30, and i had a 20$ off coupon.

id say go snatch it of you havent, might be an error, maybe not.

Tempting but I can wait for the GotY to be released (and inevitably be marked down to $20 or less in time).

Last edited by a moderator:

AC 1 - AC2 graphically is a huge jump. Play AC 1 first if you haven't played them, because 2, brotherhood,revelations, and 3 look like they are in a completely different league. I can't wait for 4.

AC 1 - AC2 graphically is a huge jump. Play AC 1 first if you haven't played them, because 2, brotherhood,revelations, and 3 look like they are in a completely different league. I can't wait for 4.
Oh, I've played them ALL on 360.

I used to own them all till me ex-fiance decided collecting games was stupid and traded them in.

Also the idea of having them all on a few discs instead of many sounds appealing to me (Ezio's Trilogy is 1 disc for PS3)

However, while I did enjoy 1 I heard the initial release of 1 had major problems on PS3, which is why I asked.

I can confirm, too.  Found it when I was on vacation in Tampa and picked up a ps3 copy.  The ps3 and 360 versions were both tagged at $19.96 (normal tag, not a "new lower price" or sale one).  The Wii U version was still tagged at the full $40-ish price.

Also note that the Walmart exclusive edition includes bonus DLC (apparently an extra mission and a weapon)...and, for those debating between the ps3/360 versions, the ps3 version has exclusive extra missions.

skip that horrific monstrosity that is part 1 and just play part 2 onward, trust me lol. oh and unless you just want to learn about desmonds past and the fate of ezio you can skip revelations too

Noticed this for the same price at Target today, as well (Temporary Price Cut), along with Far Cry 3.  So if you want to use Target GC's or your Red Card, might be worth while to spin by there.

Wish I could find a good price for the limited edition one I have been really wanting a copy for the flag that comes with it!

bread's done
Back