Gears of War 3 Epic Edition - $12.99 - Gamestop - YMMV

salt_peanuts

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Looks like they marked the Epic edition (the one with the statue) down to the preowned price at Gamestop, $12.99.  Prob. YMMV since the stores prob mostly gut them, but my local store had 2 and I got one and the clerk she got the other one.  Apologize if old.

I apparently can't figure out how to paste a pic on this new board, haven't done it in a while...

Thanks OP. Bout time. Finally after 2 fricking years. Price isn't YMMV. SKU had been deleted from the system. Online stock checker isn't working neither.

Damn it to hell I bought it at $49.99, kicking myself.

Also, OP, which state are you in if you don't mind me asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it to hell I bought it at $49.99, kicking myself.

Also, OP, which state are you in if you don't mind me asking.
I bought it at $55 like two years ago from Best Buy. Not sure why you'd kick yourself, it's pretty YMMV, plus you run the risk of getting a beat up, neglected looking box. Needless to say, I'd take that for $12.99 as well. ;)

isnt it if they deleted the SKU it wont show up on the checker? Im pretty sure at least 3 local stores still had them a few months ago....will go check it out. Got my LE copy of game just sitting there never played but could give this one to a buddy

isnt it if they deleted the SKU it wont show up on the checker? Im pretty sure at least 3 local stores still had them a few months ago....will go check it out. Got my LE copy of game just sitting there never played but could give this one to a buddy
This.

As far as I know you can no longer track them unless you simply call and ask.

Found two while travelling in the Bronx for $12.99. They are at a used price and if you have a Pro card its only $11 and some change. Thanks for the great find OP!!

I never see any old CE's at gamestop, let alone converted-to-used ones.

For what it's worth, Kmart has this on clearance at $30. I saw one this weekend in fact.

Stopped by a store that had one but the employee checked the system said it was probably still the new price (which was marked at 119). Would he need to actually scan it to see if its marked down?

Stopped by a store that had one but the employee checked the system said it was probably still the new price (which was marked at 119). Would he need to actually scan it to see if its marked down?
Yes, he would, and it should scan at the 12.99 used price.

Yes. It has been $49.99 for a long time.

I bought it at $55 like two years ago from Best Buy. Not sure why you'd kick yourself, it's pretty YMMV, plus you run the risk of getting a beat up, neglected looking box. Needless to say, I'd take that for $12.99 as well. ;)
I guess you are right. I really thought this would sell out at $49.99 when I bought it, but as some CAGs reported, that is not the case.

And for those who don't know, the tracker is useless now, just drive out for the hunt.

Probably a really long shot but there is a kmart on my way home and a GS not far from my house, gonna hit up both.

Sidenote: is there not an in-store tracker for kmart? Didnt see one on the page for the epic edition, still listed 149 online.

i know the local gamestop used to have about 4 of these when they had all the collector's editions stacked on the floor. since they put them up on the wall above the games i dont remember seeing them, so im assuming they gutted them because they were too big to fit on those shelves. 

Can't believe I missed this Post yesterday. There is a Gamestop next to me that always had 2 of them. Went ahead today to see if they were still there but no go. Got replaced and I reckoned the Employees got them. :lol: Oh well. That's what I get for sleeping in. 

Never got a bday coupon and it's on July 26 o_O

Just called my gamestop.

Me: "do ya'll have any Gear of War 3 Epic Editions, Used?"

Them:"we dont differentiate between collectors and regular"

"we do have a bunch of gears of war 3 used tho"

....wtf

So how should I go about picking this up? Just go, grab it and tell them to ring it up?

Tried this with the uncharted 3 special edition back in the day and they wouldn't sell it to me, so I'm just kind if wondering.

So how should I go about picking this up? Just go, grab it and tell them to ring it up?

Tried this with the uncharted 3 special edition back in the day and they wouldn't sell it to me, so I'm just kind if wondering.

If you're fortunate enough to find one on the shelf, that would be the way to go.

However, if you're planning on making appearances at your local stores in the hopes they have one, you should call ahead because chances are it's gone.
Never got a bday coupon and it's on July 26 o_O

Just called my gamestop.

Me: "do ya'll have any Gear of War 3 Epic Editions, Used?"

Them:"we dont differentiate between collectors and regular"

"we do have a bunch of gears of war 3 used tho"

....wtf
I was given several odd responses by several employees as well.

One store I called, one employee stated that he's pretty sure he has one in the back, confirming that it was the one with the statue, and said he'd double check. After putting me on hold for approximately 10 seconds, another employee picked up and said that they haven't had them for over a year because it was a limited edition item.

I told him that another employee was checking in the back for me and he said "There's nothing to check, I'm telling you that I know we don't have it because like I said, it was limited. Plus, even if we did, we would have tossed out any extras long ago since we treat all used collector edition games the same as the standard game."

The way the situation played out, made his answer seem suspicious.

Gamestop is full of morons.

It makes no sense why they, from a business model standpoint, would treat collectors/limited edition games as standard when they could sell them for more money.

Last time I was at my local GameStop, they had around 4 left. Can't check it out for a couple days however. Not going to try calling ahead if the employees haven't found out yet.

To any West LA CAGs, just picked mine up at Overland and Venice and they still had two left.  I called ahead and had them hold it with no problems.  With the birthday coupon, was $11.38 out the door.  Thanks again OP!

Gamestop is full of morons.

It makes no sense why they, from a business model standpoint, would treat collectors/limited edition games as standard when they could sell them for more money.
Because they aren't selling.

At this point they have been $50 for several months. I still have stores near me that had 3+ of these...

There was two at the gamestop I went to. It wouldn't scan when the guy was gonna check the price. Finally he found it and said it was $30 so I passed on it. Also both boxes were already cut open.

There was two at the gamestop I went to. It wouldn't scan when the guy was gonna check the price. Finally he found it and said it was $30 so I passed on it. Also both boxes were already cut open.
Employee must have overridden the price. Its supposed to ring up as the used $13 price. The SKU for the new copies have been converted to used pricing.

Employee must have overridden the price. Its supposed to ring up as the used $13 price. The SKU for the new copies have been converted to used pricing.
Hmm...I guess I'll go check another gamestop tomorrow. There are 4 gamestops in town, and last time I checked each gamestop had multiple of these.

Nothing available in my area.. I was looking around the Monroe/Indian Trail area in NC. I'll try Charlotte but this is definitely YMMV. The employees looked at me like an idiot saying that the Epic Editions would have already been gutted with all the extras taken out, leaving only the game and since the online search won't work they'll say it's not in stock. If anyone snagged one and wants to sell, PM me. Something reasonable though.

Woohooo!!! Found the last one in my local store. Box was displayed on the wall in pristine condition. Staff had to get a ladder to get it. He had that "WTF!" expression when he rang it up. Hehe! He was cool though and just said to me that i got a pretty awesome deal and when he handed me the receipt he didnt forget to do the survey pitch talk. Lol!

I bought one before when it was $49.99 and open that one up for display. This time this baby will be kept sealed or probably be a gift to my nephew next week. Hehe! Thanks OP!

Picked one up last night at my local store. Last one. The guy had trouble getting it to scan, but he knew it was supposed to be marked used, so he overrode the price.

Now to figure out what to do with it.

Picked one up last night at my local store. Last one. The guy had trouble getting it to scan, but he knew it was supposed to be marked used, so he overrode the price.

Now to figure out what to do with it.
Sell it.

bread's done
Back