- - - - -

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Vita $17.95 Amazon FSSS

#1 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3037 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B008277M0E

#2 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

Such a great game, playing it now with Cross buy, but for this price it is WELL worth the money. Loving it!

#3 LazyTriangle   flashbang dance CAGiversary!   2415 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

LazyTriangle

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

If I buy the Vita version do I also get the PS3 version with crossbuy? or is it the other way around? (buy on PS3 and also get it on vita)

xCr6Kma.jpg

#4 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   3962 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

pretty sure its the other way around lazytriangle. In fact thats why i dont own this yet. I keep wating for the PS3 version to go on sale but strangely havent seen it go < 20 yet

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#5 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

If I buy the Vita version do I also get the PS3 version with crossbuy? or is it the other way around? (buy on PS3 and also get it on vita)

No, you have to buy the PS3 version to get cross buy.  It's only $30 which isn't a pretty good price.

3ds120.gif Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate   :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: TBD

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps3: Scott Pilgrim
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#6 LazyTriangle   flashbang dance CAGiversary!   2415 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

LazyTriangle

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:51 AM

thanks for the quick answer guys, I will wait for the PS3 version to drop to at least $20 before I buy it. Sly HD collection will keep me busy until then.

xCr6Kma.jpg

#7 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   759 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

vita version is ass. terrible graphics and godawful framerate. get the ps3 version.

Most Hyped For: Tekken 7, Metal Gear Solid V, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV

#8 skadave   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

I am surprise how this game got released with zero promotion. I played it on the vita and it definitely scatched the 3-D platformer itch. Good Game.

#9 ferant316   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

I would get this as I've heard great things about the series (never played it) but I am holding off for when the Sly Collection comes out for the Vita.

#10 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

vita version is ass. terrible graphics and godawful framerate. get the ps3 version.

Laughable, seriously? Graphics look very solid on the vita and I have had 0 framerate issues with it.

#11 AwRy108   AwRy108 CAGiversary!   1978 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Either you've never played the Vita version, or you're out of your mind. I played through the entire game on the Vita--it looks terrific and plays like a dream. Def. a must-own for the device.

#12 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8184 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

It's used but Sly is $13 @ GS via b-day code

http://www.cheapassg.../#entry10515533

#13 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   759 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Laughable, seriously? Graphics look very solid on the vita and I have had 0 framerate issues with it.

Either you've never played the Vita version, or you're out of your mind. I played through the entire game on the Vita--it looks terrific and plays like a dream. Def. a must-own for the device.

you are both blind.  vita version has no cel-shading effect and the game constantly runs at 20fps (especially noticeable in the snow area).

lol'd hard at "plays like a dream". ROFL.

Most Hyped For: Tekken 7, Metal Gear Solid V, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV

#14 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

you are both blind.  vita version has no cel-shading effect and the game constantly runs at 20fps (especially noticeable in the snow area).

wow. i rofld at the 20 fps line. you must be thinking of the jak and daxter collection. silly you

#15 RagManX   Complete Doofus CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Ordered the PS3 version as you recommend. Can't figure out how to load it on my Vita now.

http://www.blahblahblahg.com/ - My random geek blog
Game Patches - my other online voice

#16 Central Scrutinizer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Central Scrutinizer

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

So hard to get excited when pondering the purchase of Sony games that have been out a few months now.

No matter what the price is, the idea of "This will be free on PS+ in a matter of months, if not weeks" leaps into my head, and simply will not go away.

#17 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Ordered the PS3 version as you recommend. Can't figure out how to load it on my Vita now.

There's either going to be a code in the case or when you put the disc into the PS3 there will be an extra option that lets you redeem the digital version.

3ds120.gif Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate   :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: TBD

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps3: Scott Pilgrim
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#18 AwRy108   AwRy108 CAGiversary!   1978 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

I never said that differences don't exist between the two versions, but saying that the Vita version is "ass" is absurd.  I'm not a fps counter, but I've been playing console, handheld, and PC games for over 2 decades; and I can safely say that the Vita version runs incredibly well.  While it'd be silly to say that the handheld version runs as smoothly as the console version, saying that the Vita version is junk borders on insanity.  IMHO, having such a great game in all its glory that you can take on the go is just icing on the cake.

#19 RagManX   Complete Doofus CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

There's either going to be a code in the case or when you put the disc into the PS3 there will be an extra option that lets you redeem the digital version.

Wasn't actually serious. Was intending to point out how useless "just buy PS3 version" is for someone who only has a Vita.

http://www.blahblahblahg.com/ - My random geek blog
Game Patches - my other online voice

#20 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10644 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

bad: bentley segments, bad load times
good: everything else :D
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png