Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Vita $17.95 Amazon FSSS

If I buy the Vita version do I also get the PS3 version with crossbuy? or is it the other way around? (buy on PS3 and also get it on vita)

pretty sure its the other way around lazytriangle. In fact thats why i dont own this yet. I keep wating for the PS3 version to go on sale but strangely havent seen it go < 20 yet

If I buy the Vita version do I also get the PS3 version with crossbuy? or is it the other way around? (buy on PS3 and also get it on vita)
No, you have to buy the PS3 version to get cross buy. It's only $30 which isn't a pretty good price.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the quick answer guys, I will wait for the PS3 version to drop to at least $20 before I buy it. Sly HD collection will keep me busy until then.

I am surprise how this game got released with zero promotion. I played it on the vita and it definitely scatched the 3-D platformer itch. Good Game.

I would get this as I've heard great things about the series (never played it) but I am holding off for when the Sly Collection comes out for the Vita.

vita version is ass. terrible graphics and godawful framerate. get the ps3 version.
Either you've never played the Vita version, or you're out of your mind. I played through the entire game on the Vita--it looks terrific and plays like a dream. Def. a must-own for the device.

Laughable, seriously? Graphics look very solid on the vita and I have had 0 framerate issues with it.
Either you've never played the Vita version, or you're out of your mind. I played through the entire game on the Vita--it looks terrific and plays like a dream. Def. a must-own for the device.
you are both blind. vita version has no cel-shading effect and the game constantly runs at 20fps (especially noticeable in the snow area).

lol'd hard at "plays like a dream". ROFL.

you are both blind. vita version has no cel-shading effect and the game constantly runs at 20fps (especially noticeable in the snow area).

wow. i rofld at the 20 fps line. you must be thinking of the jak and daxter collection. silly you

So hard to get excited when pondering the purchase of Sony games that have been out a few months now.

No matter what the price is, the idea of "This will be free on PS+ in a matter of months, if not weeks" leaps into my head, and simply will not go away.

Ordered the PS3 version as you recommend. Can't figure out how to load it on my Vita now.
There's either going to be a code in the case or when you put the disc into the PS3 there will be an extra option that lets you redeem the digital version.

I never said that differences don't exist between the two versions, but saying that the Vita version is "ass" is absurd. I'm not a fps counter, but I've been playing console, handheld, and PC games for over 2 decades; and I can safely say that the Vita version runs incredibly well. While it'd be silly to say that the handheld version runs as smoothly as the console version, saying that the Vita version is junk borders on insanity. IMHO, having such a great game in all its glory that you can take on the go is just icing on the cake.

There's either going to be a code in the case or when you put the disc into the PS3 there will be an extra option that lets you redeem the digital version.
Wasn't actually serious. Was intending to point out how useless "just buy PS3 version" is for someone who only has a Vita.

bread's done
Back