* * * * * 21 votes

3DS eShop Deals - 3/26: Renegade Kid Sale Ends 4/2! Atlus Sale Ends 3/30! $5 AeternoBlade and More!

3DS 3DS eShop Nintendo eShop Indies

#5611 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58398 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

Apologies for what may be a dumb question, but I have a MM new 3DSXL coming in, and it's my first Nintendo system since the original Wii. Are there specific WiiU vs. 3DS cards, or is one card good for either estore?

Thanks

It works for either eShop with the cross-platform eShop wallet.

You read it. You can't unread it.

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5612 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:23 PM

It works for either eShop with the cross-platform eShop wallet.

Just don't get the Wii points or DSi cards at the few places that still have those.

3ds120.gif Pokemon Omega Ruby  :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: The Hungry Horde

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: Skylanders Swap Force  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps3: Valkyria Chronicles  :hot:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#5613 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58398 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

Just don't get the Wii points or DSi cards at the few places that still have those.

My local WalMart would be the sort of place to have them alongside their $50 copies of Metroid: Other M.

#5614 Josh5890   For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228 CAGiversary!   2868 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:15 AM

My local WalMart would be the sort of place to have them alongside their $50 copies of Metroid: Other M.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple Kmarts in the country that are still holding onto these. lol

I need a new signature.

#5615 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:13 AM

Samsung micro SD cards on sale today only at BBY if anyone needs one still: http://www.bestbuy.c...ory-cards-13748

Trade List

#5616 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:22 PM

Samsung micro SD cards on sale today only at BBY if anyone needs one still: http://www.bestbuy.c...ory-cards-13748

Amazon priced matched the 128gb. I didn't check the others.

#5617 UcanSUKtheFAC   Being right is all that matters. CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

DAMN!

I was playing through the Etrian Odessey 4 demo to see if it caught me. It lets you play up to level 10, which amounts to a few solid hours of gameplay. It then lets you transfer your game to the full version upon purchasing it.

Well, turns out that yesterday I got so addicted to the demo that I totally forgot that the sale ended at noon!!! I reached level 8 and then went to the eShop (literally checking it a few hours earlier that morning) only to find it back up at $30.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait. Maybe I'll start fresh with a brand new party while I wait. They really need to stop scattering all these sales around. Wish it was Nintendo-based, not developer-based. It's a chore just keeping track of all of them.

Follow Me!

caKmZ8m.png

My Favorite Games of 2014 So Far Roaring Millennials | Please support my new blog! Contributions welcome!

My YouTube Page!: RantKidGaming-centric | Speedruns | Highlights | Tutorials

WeGameRace.com: Multiman Retro Game Races! Watch us live!

#5618 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

DAMN!

I was playing through the Etrian Odessey 4 demo to see if it caught me. It lets you play up to level 10, which amounts to a few solid hours of gameplay. It then lets you transfer your game to the full version upon purchasing it.

Well, turns out that yesterday I got so addicted to the demo that I totally forgot that the sale ended at noon!!! I reached level 8 and then went to the eShop (literally checking it a few hours earlier that morning) only to find it back up at $30.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait. Maybe I'll start fresh with a brand new party while I wait. They really need to stop scattering all these sales around. Wish it was Nintendo-based, not developer-based. It's a chore just keeping track of all of them.

I feel like it's on sale every other week, so you shouldn't have to wait long.

#5619 darpogamer   RPG Gamer4Life CAG in Training   100 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

darpogamer

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:58 PM

Samsung micro SD cards on sale today only at BBY if anyone needs one still: http://www.bestbuy.c...ory-cards-13748

Just bought one two days before, luckily Amazon hooked me up with a partial refund.

#5620 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   2232 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Your Mom!!
iOS

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

Wish it was Nintendo-based, not developer-based. It's a chore just keeping track of all of them.

If you're referring to the decision to put things on sale, {a} I'm not sure how that would actually help, {b} every other digital storefront does it the same way, and {c} if Ninty were calling the shots, we'd never get any sales.

#5621 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   26842 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

Amazon priced matched the 128gb. I didn't check the others.

doubt anyone would need more then a  64.  got a 32 and got tons of room

WOOOO I STINK

#5622 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

doubt anyone would need more then a  64.  got a 32 and got tons of room

Since you're limited to 300 items probably not.

Trade List

#5623 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:13 PM

doubt anyone would need more then a 64. got a 32 and got tons of room

True. It was a good price for the card though, and I wasn't thinking about the 3ds when I posted the price match.

#5624 UcanSUKtheFAC   Being right is all that matters. CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted Yesterday, 01:51 PM

If you're referring to the decision to put things on sale, {a} I'm not sure how that would actually help, {b} every other digital storefront does it the same way, and {c} if Ninty were calling the shots, we'd never get any sales.

not generally. The PSN and XBL have weekly sales. Nintendo puts on developer sales that seem to start and end on random dates. I already mentioned how it could help...it's kind of obvious - what's easier to keep track of, one sale or three simultaneous ones?

Follow Me!

caKmZ8m.png

My Favorite Games of 2014 So Far Roaring Millennials | Please support my new blog! Contributions welcome!

My YouTube Page!: RantKidGaming-centric | Speedruns | Highlights | Tutorials

WeGameRace.com: Multiman Retro Game Races! Watch us live!

#5625 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58398 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted Yesterday, 07:46 PM

The Binding of Isaac is coming to the New Nintendo 3DS via the eShop in a few weeks, so there's another New 3DS exclusive game:

Spoiler

#5626 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58398 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 PM

New Free-to-Play Pokemon game coming to 3DS eShop:

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge is out in June for 3DS and Wii U and supports Cross Buy.

#5627 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7288 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Anyone else find it kind of scummy that Nintendo is targeting kids with these free to play Pokemon games?  My girlfriend's son blew what little balance he had left on his eshop account on Pokemon Shuffle before I installed some sense into him about not wasting money like that.

#5628 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Anyone else find it kind of scummy that Nintendo is targeting kids with these free to play Pokemon games? My girlfriend's son blew what little balance he had left on his eshop account on Pokemon Shuffle before I knocked some sense into him about not wasting money like that.

That and how they're pumping out Amiibos for everything now (as expected) are definitely turning me off quickly.

Trade List

#5629 darpogamer   RPG Gamer4Life CAG in Training   100 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

darpogamer

Posted Yesterday, 11:36 PM

Anyone else find it kind of scummy that Nintendo is targeting kids with these free to play Pokemon games?  My girlfriend's son blew what little balance he had left on his eshop account on Pokemon Shuffle before I knocked some sense into him about not wasting money like that.

I've always thought those games were scummy, hearing stories of kid's on their parent's smartphones racking up hundreds of dollars, but I find it especially scummy coming from Nintendo.

#5630 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7288 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:57 PM

Crap, the week is halfway gone and I still haven't reloaded on Eshop credit at Best Buy.  In case people don't know, they are 10% off this week and they give double bonus points if you are a GCU member.

#5631 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   2232 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Your Mom!!
iOS

Posted Today, 12:01 AM

and they give double bonus points if you are a GCU member.

Huh. Maybe I'll go ahead and turn that $20 GC I got from MonHun4 into eShop credit, after all. Is this in store only?

#5632 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7288 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:49 AM

Huh. Maybe I'll go ahead and turn that $20 GC I got from MonHun4 into eShop credit, after all. Is this in store only?

Not sure since I usually just order them online when they have the sale.

#5633 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted Today, 02:21 AM

Crap, the week is halfway gone and I still haven't reloaded on Eshop credit at Best Buy.  In case people don't know, they are 10% off this week and they give double bonus points if you are a GCU member.

It's what their investors have been pushing them to do for years now and you can only say no so long when you're losing money and that's hugely profitable.

Trade List

#5634 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   2232 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Your Mom!!
iOS

Posted Today, 03:19 AM

It's what their investors have been pushing them to do for years now and you can only say no so long when you're losing money and that's hugely profitable.

I think maybe you quoted the wrong post.