* * * * * 22 votes

3DS eShop Deals - 3/28: Natsume Sale/Resident Evil/Sega 3D Classics Sales, $10 EOU, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

3DS 3DS eShop Nintendo eShop Indies

#2701 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

Squids HD is 99cents on the Amazon Appstore (and regular Squids is $1.99?)

I wonder how much Nintendo would have charged for Flappy Bird on the 3DS...$9.99?

This is the exact reason why I'm completely done with the E-shop B.S.  I use my phone/touchpad for any small/indie games (including Android Humble Bundles), and stick to Nintendo exclusives or games that would suck with just a touch screen for my 3DS

#2702 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

Squids HD is 99cents on the Amazon Appstore (and regular Squids is $1.99?)

I wonder how much Nintendo would have charged for Flappy Bird on the 3DS...$9.99?

This is the exact reason why I'm completely done with the E-shop B.S.  I use my phone/touchpad for any small/indie games (including Android Humble Bundles), and stick to Nintendo exclusives or games that would suck with just a touch screen for my 3DS

sony is the same way.   they have a game called   End of something that came out last week.    14.99  its  2.99   for the tablet same game.  

#2703 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense to us on the bottom end, but the Apple Store and Android store (whatever they're all called) and things like the PSN and eShop are totally different ecosystems.  Capitalism isn't about selling things for fair prices or at the lowest possible price; it's about selling things at whatever the market will support.  They are different markets.  

I am also of the opinion that it's silly, but I know about as much about business as a horsefly knows about algebra.

Hurray for free market.  Go *reference to political group self-censored*.

#2704 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3551 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

There's plenty of times I see games like this, and knowing how much they are on iOS, it becomes difficult to even think about purchasing.

However, I've always looked at it like this: I'm more than willing to spend an extra $5 or whatever on a game just to be able to play with actual buttons and have cross-play/save, trophy support, or even just having the added bonus of some CN coins thrown my way. Besides, if it's a game/studio I enjoy then I certainly don't mind throwing a few extra dollars to the devs.

I know a lot of times it doesn't make much sense, but when I try to see things like that then it becomes a bit easier.

#2705 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense to us on the bottom end, but the Apple Store and Android store (whatever they're all called) and things like the PSN and eShop are totally different ecosystems.  Capitalism isn't about selling things for fair prices or at the lowest possible price; it's about selling things at whatever the market will support.  They are different markets.  

I am also of the opinion that it's silly, but I know about as much about business as a horsefly knows about algebra.

Hurray for free market.  Go *reference to political group self-censored*.

Pretty sure that Sony/Nintendo/MS also take a much bigger piece of the pie and require certification (which is really expensive) where mobile platforms barely do.

#2706 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

I would be perfectly fine with (but still wouldn't buy) $1.99 Android = $7.99 3DS, but 99c vs $14.99 is outrageous.

Squids is a really cool game, based on the 10 minutes we spend with it today on a Touchpad, but Nintendo is clearly overvaluing its worth for some reason.  Maybe because they made it 3D? We all know that gets turned off in the first 30 seconds...

#2707 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3551 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

I would be perfectly fine with (but still wouldn't buy) $1.99 Android = $7.99 3DS, but 99c vs $14.99 is outrageous.

Squids is a really cool game, based on the 10 minutes we spend with it today on a Touchpad, but Nintendo is clearly overvaluing its worth for some reason.  Maybe because they made it 3D? We all know that gets turned off in the first 30 seconds...

I agree with this.  Even with my previous statement there is no way I am offering up $15 for an iOS game unless it's something that I'm totally in love with...  And I've yet to find that game on iOS.

#2708 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:02 PM

Pretty sure that Sony/Nintendo/MS also take a much bigger piece of the pie and require certification (which is really expensive) where mobile platforms barely do.

i think the makers of  grinsia or whatever its called  (its  10 bucks on  E shop )  said  nintendo  takes 8 of 10  or something like that.  I an see why if i  they only make 2 bucks  on the sale they dont give a damn the game is  so buggy its not playable (Crashes every hour of playtime) 

#2709 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10022 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

Revenge of the Titans Steam key available first to quote this if no takers it goes to the lurkers in about an hour.

#2710 Jawabreaker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Jawabreaker

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:55 AM

Revenge of the Titans Steam key available first to quote this if no takers it goes to the lurkers in about an hour.

You don't say?!?

#2711 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10022 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

You don't say?!?

Haha wrong thread it's posted in the right one now!

#2712 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70195 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

i think the makers of  grinsia or whatever its called  (its  10 bucks on  E shop )  said  nintendo  takes 8 of 10  or something like that.  I an see why if i  they only make 2 bucks  on the sale they dont give a damn the game is  so buggy its not playable (Crashes every hour of playtime) 

There's no way the developers signed a deal with they only get 20% from each copy sold, as the typical contract with the platform holder is for 70% to the developer/publisher and 30% to the platform holder. 

Looking at the game on the eShop, it's a Kemco/Magitech game that is published by Nicalis, so if they let Nicalis do all of the port work, then I could see them getting a smaller cut of the money with Nicalis getting the majority of it. I still don't see how there'd be two companies making this deal that would accept such a small cut of the money for each copy sold.

#2713 buckythekat   dv8 King of Concerns CAGiversary!   3249 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

buckythekat

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

sony is the same way.   they have a game called   End of something that came out last week.    14.99  its  2.99   for the tablet same game.  

not really, publishers set prices on PSN

End of Serenity was published by Natsume on PSN and it's not even on Google Play or the App Store so I'm really not sure what game you're thinking of

a better comparison would be how Nintendo handles Virtual Console vs how Sony handles things like PSOne Classics

fake edit: okay End of Serenity was published as End of Aspiration by Kemco on the App Store where it's $7.99 and is currently on a 50% off sale on Google Play for $3.99

#2714 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

Does ANYONE have a Tomodachi Life move in demo code? I still really need one.

#2715 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70195 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Does ANYONE have a Tomodachi Life move in demo code? I still really need one.

Is that demo the same as the one that they put on the eShop last week?

#2716 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

Is that demo the same as the one that they put on the eShop last week?

Almost, but it comes with an exclusive item you can transfer to the full game and no limit on uses I believe. Every copy of the game comes with 2 codes for it.

#2717 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2074 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Now down to 14.99 each:

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - July 7th-21st

Etrian Odyssey IV: The Legends of Titan - July 7th-21st

#2718 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

not really, publishers set prices on PSN

End of Serenity was published by Natsume on PSN and it's not even on Google Play or the App Store so I'm really not sure what game you're thinking of

a better comparison would be how Nintendo handles Virtual Console vs how Sony handles things like PSOne Classics

fake edit: okay End of Serenity was published as End of Aspiration by Kemco on the App Store where it's $7.99 and is currently on a 50% off sale on Google Play for $3.99

got that  for 99 cents   around  christmas last year.    if they  had it on the PSN store for 7.99 i would of got it. Pain in the ass playing RPG on  tablets 

too bad  Odysseys  wasnt  9.99 each

#2719 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

Guys... Pokemon Trading Card Game is coming to the eShop!!!!!!! ...in Europe

Maybe that mean's we'll be getting it in 6 to 8 months.  Maybe.  Hopefully.  Oh gawd, please Nintendo.

#2720 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4792 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

Nice, keep the discounts coming Atlus.

#2721 genesis49  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

Maybe that mean's we'll be getting it in 6 to 8 months. Maybe. Hopefully. Oh gawd, please Nintendo.

I saw that today and got super excited... Until I noticed I was on a European site and everything was in euros.

#2722 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

I saw that today and got super excited... Until I noticed I was on a European site and everything was in euros.

It's good because a lot of that stuff makes it's way here (and almost always goes to EU first for whatever reason).  The bad news is that it's usually a minimum of 6-8 weeks before it does if it's not announced at the same time for NA.

#2723 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

Maybe that mean's we'll be getting it in 6 to 8 months.  Maybe.  Hopefully.  Oh gawd, please Nintendo.

Oh man. I played the hell out of that back when. That and Mario Golf. I hope if they re-release it, I play the hell out of it again unlike Mario Golf, which somehow lost its magic.

That game made me wish we had more trading card RPGs on portable systems. A 3DS Magic: The Gathering trading card RPG would be awesome, but I'm sure they'd just release a half-ass multiplayer game instead.

#2724 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

Almost, but it comes with an exclusive item you can transfer to the full game and no limit on uses I believe. Every copy of the game comes with 2 codes for it.

What is the exclusive item, and why didn't I get any codes to give away? Where do I find the codes? I played the Move-In version, but I don't know why my exclusive item is/was, if anything...

#2725 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

it was a shock in Europe    so maybe they will shock us and release it here  thursday 

#2726 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

it was a shock in Europe    so maybe they will shock us and release it here six months from thursday 

I fixed that for you since I assumed the slidecage typing messed it up.

#2727 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

What is the exclusive item, and why didn't I get any codes to give away? Where do I find the codes? I played the Move-In version, but I don't know why my exclusive item is/was, if anything...

It's a panda suit. The codes should be on cards with the instruction manual (physical version) or on your receipt (digital version)

#2728 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

I hope the Pokemon card game opens the door for the real GB/GBC/GBA games to be released on 3DS. With poke-bank support of course.

IT'S TOTALLY POSSIBLE, AMIRITE?

#2729 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9073 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

I hope the Pokemon card game opens the door for the real GB/GBC/GBA games to be released on 3DS. With poke-bank support of course.

IT'S TOTALLY POSSIBLE, AMIRITE?

Why would they do that when they get more money if you buy the remakes? :-P

#2730 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

Is it me or has the eShop been down for the last couple of hours?