* * * * * 21 votes

3DS eShop Deals - 3/5: $8.49 OlliOlli Cross Buy, $2 Space Lift Danger Panic, $2.79 Witch & Hero, and More!

3DS 3DS eShop Nintendo eShop Indies

#5341 SteveSnowmn  

SteveSnowmn

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:32 AM

I find it pretty funny that the DKC trilogy is back on the OG Wii Virtual Console now. Did we ever get an actual reason for its removal??

#5342 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   9795 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

Soo.. The trozei games are worse than shuffle? I'm starting to chafe under the freemium restrictions and am thinking about getting the last one. Maybe I should just wait for Puzzle and Dragons instead?

I played Shuffle a lot from the time it came out, and sometimes, yeah, the restrictions are annoying. For the past two days or so, I didn't play it hardly at all because I got into a new game. And by new, I mean I'm finally playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. This game is pretty great.

Anyway, Shuffle is kind of like a mobile game you come back to. It would be better on our smartphones, but hey. And yeah, I hope to have Puzzle and Dragon day one, but I'm not preordering until I hear something that confirms no in-app purchases on the level of typical mobile games.

#5343 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7205 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

I played Shuffle a lot from the time it came out, and sometimes, yeah, the restrictions are annoying. For the past two days or so, I didn't play it hardly at all because I got into a new game. And by new, I mean I'm finally playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. This game is pretty great.

Anyway, Shuffle is kind of like a mobile game you come back to. It would be better on our smartphones, but hey. And yeah, I hope to have Puzzle and Dragon day one, but I'm not preordering until I hear something that confirms no in-app purchases on the level of typical mobile games.

There better not be any IAP on a $39.99 retail game.  Nintendo even lowered Mario Golf to $29.99 when they decided to do DLC so I expect them to do something similar to Puzzle and Dragons if they go the IAP way. 

#5344 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   9795 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:01 PM

There better not be any IAP on a $39.99 retail game.  Nintendo even lowered Mario Golf to $29.99 when they decided to do DLC so I expect them to do something similar to Puzzle and Dragons if they go the IAP way.

I'm surprised more information on P&D isn't out yet, but it should be any day now. The game comes out in just a couple few months, I believe.

#5345 DNukem170   Pikaburger! Use Meat Shield! CAGiversary!   6473 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago   Has been playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
DS

DNukem170

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

Soo.. The trozei games are worse than shuffle? I'm starting to chafe under the freemium restrictions and am thinking about getting the last one. Maybe I should just wait for Puzzle and Dragons instead?

The problem with the other Trozei games is that you are either under a strict time limit or you need to complete lines in a certain way to find specific Pokemon. And one puzzle can have as many as 10 Pokémon on it. Shuffle not only simplifies it, but adds the power ups and Mega Evolutions, which helps out a lot.
  • DQT likes this

#5346 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Wii U

RoytheRobot

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

I find it pretty funny that the DKC trilogy is back on the OG Wii Virtual Console now. Did we ever get an actual reason for its removal??

Maybe it had to do with the fact that the Trilogy was developed by Rare. But I'm not sure that's the actual reason...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7855-8742    Wii U NNID: RoytheRobot 

Currently Playing:  

:3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Gunman Clive 2    :wiiu: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Kart 8

Click here if you want cash back on almost all your online purchases

#5347 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:20 AM

Looks like Way Forward will be having a 25th anniversary sale starting the 12th. 75% both switchforce games and 25% off shantae and the Pirates curse on both 3DS and WiiU.

https://wayforward.c...years-of-games/

Credit to U BE DA MAN for posting the link in the iOS forum.
Currently Playing: :360: TBD :ps3: Ni no kuni :wiiu: Super Smash Bros :pc: Valkyria Chronicles :3ds: LOZ:Oracle of ages :xb1: Dragon age inquisition, Master chief collection, Evolve
3DS friend code: 5129-0757-6682 (PM me if you add me)

#5348 DQT   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1134 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:53 AM

The problem with the other Trozei games is that you are either under a strict time limit or you need to complete lines in a certain way to find specific Pokemon. And one puzzle can have as many as 10 Pokémon on it. Shuffle not only simplifies it, but adds the power ups and Mega Evolutions, which helps out a lot.

Thanks. I just want the same gameplay but without all the horrible free to play stuff. There just hasn't been any good puzzle RPGs since the original Puzzle Quest. 

#5349 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

Maybe it had to do with the fact that the Trilogy was developed by Rare. But I'm not sure that's the actual reason...

I could be remembering wrong but I think it was a technology licensing thing (like most delistings are licensing related).

3ds120.gif Pokemon Omega Ruby  :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: NFS Most Wanted :oldman:; GTA Chinatown Wars

:xb1: Diablo 3 UEE :mrgreen:; NBA Live 15   :ps4: TBD  :360: Skylanders Swap Force  :ps3: Valkyria Chronicles :hot:

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :vita: The Swapper :hot:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#5350 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   9795 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

You may all already know about this, but whatev.

Taken from this thread:

https://www.cheapass...flip-champs-dx/

Wayforward Sale

PSN (3/10-3/17, North America):
– Mighty Flip Champs! DX (PSP, PS3, PSVita) – FREE

iOS (3/12/-3/19, Worldwide):
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, Full Version (iOS) – FREE
– Mighty Switch Force! Hose It Down! (iOS) – 50% off

Steam (3/12/-3/19, Worldwide):
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut (Steam) – 75% off

Nintendo 3DS eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):
– Mighty Switch Force! (3DS) – 75% off
– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS) – 75% off
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (3DS) – 25% off

Nintendo Wii U eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):
– Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U) – 75% off
– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (Wii U) – 75% off
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Wii U) – 25% off

#5351 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:29 PM

You may all already know about this, but whatev.

Taken from this thread:
https://www.cheapass...flip-champs-dx/

Wayforward Sale

PSN (3/10-3/17, North America):
– Mighty Flip Champs! DX (PSP, PS3, PSVita) – FREE

iOS (3/12/-3/19, Worldwide):
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, Full Version (iOS) – FREE
– Mighty Switch Force! Hose It Down! (iOS) – 50% off

Steam (3/12/-3/19, Worldwide):
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut (Steam) – 75% off

Nintendo 3DS eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):
– Mighty Switch Force! (3DS) – 75% off
– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS) – 75% off
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (3DS) – 25% off

Nintendo Wii U eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):
– Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U) – 75% off
– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (Wii U) – 75% off
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Wii U) – 25% off

I posted about this earlier, but I like your post better. Mine was the lazy link only version.
Currently Playing: :360: TBD :ps3: Ni no kuni :wiiu: Super Smash Bros :pc: Valkyria Chronicles :3ds: LOZ:Oracle of ages :xb1: Dragon age inquisition, Master chief collection, Evolve
3DS friend code: 5129-0757-6682 (PM me if you add me)

#5352 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

I almost bought Shantae the other day for 3DS. Has anyone played this yet? I know it's gotten great reviews, but I want to know what my fellow CAGs think. It's likely to end up like any thing I pick for 3DS right now though and take a back seat to MH4U. 

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Grim Fandango Remastered |  :xb1: Dragon Ball: Xenoverse & Dying Light |  :wiiu: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

:vita: Nothing  |  :3ds: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |   :pc: Hearthstone 

Current Backlog:

Way too many!   :shock:

#5353 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   9795 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:01 PM

I posted about this earlier, but I like your post better. Mine was the lazy link only version.

Well, all I did was copy and past someone else's work. So really, mine is no better. :)

#5354 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   1990 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago   Has been playing Your Mom!!
iOS

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

I almost bought Shantae the other day for 3DS. Has anyone played this yet? I know it's gotten great reviews, but I want to know what my fellow CAGs think. It's likely to end up like any thing I pick for 3DS right now though and take a back seat to MH4U.

It's a relatively short metroidvania-lite. I picked it up the last time it was $15, and have since finished it (weird, I know). I like it, though it's not without its annoyances, and I feel like WayForward's writing style may be getting a little tired. Overall good, though perhaps a bit overpriced.

#5355 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58144 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

Here are the new deals for today:

Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Barbie Dreamhouse Party - $9.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Disney Violetta Rhythm & Music - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Monster High: 12 Wishes - $9.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Penguins of Madagascar - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Planes Fire & Rescue - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Winx Club Saving Alfea - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Young Justice: Legacy - $9.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

You read it. You can't unread it.

11th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Sign-up Before 3/19 @ 12:15 PM ET

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5356 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:33 PM

Here are the new deals for today:

Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Barbie Dreamhouse Party - $9.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Disney Violetta Rhythm & Music - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Monster High: 12 Wishes - $9.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Penguins of Madagascar - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Planes Fire & Rescue - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Winx Club Saving Alfea - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Young Justice: Legacy - $9.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Another week of disappointment from the eShop. Compared to PSN and XBL, these sales are terrible. Anything worth getting is rarely discounted more than 25% off on the eShop. I would like to see more sales on VC games, Nintendo titles, and generally just more discounts on games that are worth getting. I don't know about you guys, but I don't know anyone rushing to buy Penguins of Madagascar or any of today's discounts for that mater.

At 75% off Mighty Switch Force 2 is something I will pick up since I have the first game and enjoy it enough to own the sequel at that price, but deals like this are so few and far between on the eShop it's sad. 

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Grim Fandango Remastered |  :xb1: Dragon Ball: Xenoverse & Dying Light |  :wiiu: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

:vita: Nothing  |  :3ds: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |   :pc: Hearthstone 

Current Backlog:

Way too many!   :shock:

#5357 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58144 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

Another week of disappointment from the eShop. Compared to PSN and XBL, these sales are terrible. Anything worth getting is rarely discounted more than 25% off on the eShop. I would like to see more sales on VC games, Nintendo titles, and generally just more discounts on games that are worth getting. I don't know about you guys, but I don't know anyone rushing to buy Penguins of Madagascar or any of today's discounts for that mater.

At 75% off Mighty Switch Force 2 is something I will pick up since I have the first game and enjoy it enough to own the sequel at that price, but deals like this are so few and far between on the eShop it's sad. 

Just in case you don't realize it, today's Wednesday, so this isn't the day for big sales or new releases or whatever. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to make your complaint reach its maximum impact.

11th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Sign-up Before 3/19 @ 12:15 PM ET

#5358 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Wii U

RoytheRobot

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

Thanks WayForward. Now I can spend the $7 I have left!!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7855-8742    Wii U NNID: RoytheRobot 

Currently Playing:  

:3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Gunman Clive 2    :wiiu: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Kart 8

Click here if you want cash back on almost all your online purchases

#5359 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3395 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted Yesterday, 03:00 AM

You're talking the 3DS/Wii U one, right?  Not the original Game Boy Color game or the DSiWare one?  I assume you mean the new 3DS one.

Anyway, I absolutely love it.  I'm not sure I'd really consider it a Metroid-clone sort of thing (I refuse to say Metroidvania :P ); it isn't really as open or mappy or exploration-oriented or "get power up to open more of the map" as Metroid, although all of that is still there.  To me, it is just a really darn good platformer with a dose of RPG-lite and some story thrown in for good measure.  I feel like stuff like this doesn't come around very often, and to me it has more merit and personality than the majority of Metroidvanias out there (minus the real ones, i.e. Super Metroid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night).

No, it's not perfect, and yes, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, and yes, I am drunk upon nostalgia, but, again, stuff like this just doesn't come very often.  I actually love how the lower-resolution of the 3DS (as compared to 720p or whatever) makes it look kind of older than it is--yet, it has BEAUTIFULLY drawn art and such great animation and sprite work.  It reminds me of how games would have looked if we hadn't stumbled into excruciatingly ugly 3D in the 32-bit era.

If I haven't sold you on it yet, it is probably not your game.  :)

#5360 tonyxvx  

Posted Yesterday, 05:01 PM

If anyone wants to split the cost of Mario vs. DK with me, PM me. (When you purchase the game, you get a DL code for the other version. So instead of paying $20, we'd each pay $10.) Also include which version you'd prefer to have.

#5361 tonyxvx  

Posted Yesterday, 05:35 PM

Just purchased OlliOlii, and despite that it says you get the other version free only if you pay full price, you do in fact get both at the "special introductory price" ($8.49 instead of $9.99). Glad Nintendo got this one right! (reposted from Wii U thread, for obvious reasons)

#5362 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58144 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted Yesterday, 07:28 PM

Here are the new deals for this week: 

Darts Up 3D - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/2

OlliOlli - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 3/19- Cross Buy

Space Lift Danger Panic! - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/20

Wakedas - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/26

Witch & Hero - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 3/26

World Conqueror 3D - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/26

Ending Soon:

Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/9

Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/9

New Releases:

Best of Casual Games - $24.99

Hollywood Fame: Hidden Object Adventure - $24.99

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99 - Cross Buy

OlliOlli - $9.99

Proun+ - $5.99

Zombie Incident - $1.99

Updates:

Azure Striker Gunvolt ver. 1.2

#5363 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted Yesterday, 07:32 PM

Witch and Hero really just needs to be 99 cents already.

3ds120.gif Pokemon Omega Ruby  :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: NFS Most Wanted :oldman:; GTA Chinatown Wars

:xb1: Diablo 3 UEE :mrgreen:; NBA Live 15   :ps4: TBD  :360: Skylanders Swap Force  :ps3: Valkyria Chronicles :hot:

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :vita: The Swapper :hot:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#5364 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58144 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted Yesterday, 08:31 PM

There's also a special offer to get a two month trial of Hulu Plus by signing up within the Hulu Plus app on either 3DS or Wii U before 3/15.

#5365 mpaullin   Sure plays a mediocre pinball CAGiversary!   3038 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:10 PM

Played through the first two worlds of Mario vs Donkey Kong earlier today on Wii U. It's pretty awesome. 

MPaullin.png