TRU: Wii Play Motion w/remote $15 (Out of Stock, presumed dead)

Great deal for the Wiimote alone, given the built in Motion Plus. Thanks.
From what I hear about the game, you're probably better off looking at it that way. Might have some trade/resale value though - dropping the end price of a new remote that much further.

Does anyone know if ToysRUs' online prices match its in-store prices? Their site seems to lack a listing of their in-store stock, but I wouldn't mind dropping by whenever I'm in the area of one to see if they have any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if ToysRUs' online prices match its in-store prices? Their site seems to lack a listing of their in-store stock, but I wouldn't mind dropping by whenever I'm in the area of one to see if they have any.
Generally no but YMMV. I used to work at TRU, I personally would just let them pricematch the site (since our terminals can look at the TRU.ca site to verify) though.

Wow... mine haven't arrived yet, but I'll be pissed (and demanding a FULL refund including shipping) if that's the case.  Not including the remote turns this from an awesome deal into junk.

:bomb:

Edit: Yep.  My game arrived today...  sans remote.

Sorry guys - this "deal" turned out to be nothing more than a false-advertising hassle.  (Maybe understandable that someone got confused and posted the wrong thing, but it's a huge difference between what was advertised and what was provided.)

Calling Toys R Us customer service seemed to be very effective for clearing up the problem. If they actually live up to what they say they'll do, it will have been the best customer service experience I've had in a while. Hopefully others taken in by this mix-up will have similar results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calling Toys R Us customer service seemed to be very effective for clearing up the problem. If they actually live up to what they say they'll do, it will have been the best customer service experience I've had in a while. Hopefully others taken in by this mix-up will have similar results.
so wait they're going to send you the remotes? i called customer service and all the person said was that they would refund my money and pay for the shipping back

so wait they're going to send you the remotes? i called customer service and all the person said was that they would refund my money and pay for the shipping back
No, but getting a full refund including shipping with absolutely no question or argument is better than I expected based on lousy customer service experiences from other retailers in the past 6 months.

However, the service rep did say that I could take the product in to the local store and exchange for the correct product if there is any stock available. So I'm going to try that tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed.

No, but getting a full refund including shipping with absolutely no question or argument is better than I expected based on lousy customer service experiences from other retailers in the past 6 months.

However, the service rep did say that I could take the product in to the local store and exchange for the correct product if there is any stock available. So I'm going to try that tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed.
Let us know!

No stock to exchange, which was disappointing, but the return wasn't a hassle. The first customer service rep I talked with refunded shipping over the phone, so in-store it was just the cost of the product.

so i just got a voicemail from toyrus saying that they cant send me a shipping label and that i need to go into the store to return it.. completely disappointed by toyrus

bread's done
Back