Grand Theft Auto V Discussion Thread

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
vn1ris.jpg
 ​
 ​
Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV. Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.​
 ​
 ​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI​
 ​
In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, and taking part in missions, jobs and activities to earn reputation and cash to open up new opportunities to rise through the criminal ranks. The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Auto game world. Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.​
 ​
 ​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A​

​
Official Trailer​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvoD7ehZPcM​
 ​
 ​
Join The CAG Crew
 ​
 ​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd make a disscussion thread because holy hell this looks absolutely amazing. GTA 4 disappointed me so much but this looks leaps and bounds ahead of it. Cant wait until September! :bouncy:

took them long enough, the shooting style is exactly like max payne 3, which i hated.

I still cannot believe this is a PS3/360 game. There such a huge world with vastly different areas and it's fairly well detailed, and amazingly, it looks like it runs buttery smooth. And the shooting looks a hell of a lot better...

How much did Rockstar spend to make this game, I wonder? :whistle2:k

Can't wait to see the soundtrack, and I hope there is finally the ability to listen to music while not in a car (via a in game mp3 player worn by your character).  Custom soundtrack would be nice but I'm not going to be mad if it doesn't have it.

I still cannot believe this is a PS3/360 game. There such a huge world with vastly different areas and it's fairly well detailed, and amazingly, it looks like it runs buttery smooth. And the shooting looks a hell of a lot better...

How much did Rockstar spend to make this game, I wonder? :whistle2:k
Yeah it looks pretty awesome to me and you can cleary see the PS3 button prompts so it is indeed this gen. And I agree that the shooting does look like its been vastly improved, plus we get a weapon wheel, yay! This looks like it will give The Last of Us some serious competition for the GOTY crown and we havent even seen the MP yet. So hyped.

Yeah, everything I've read said that they've been demoing it on current gen consoles. There was a preview in GameInformer where theywere playing it on a PS3 too (maybe the PS3 version is better this time around?).

I just can't believe it... at least, not until I start playing it myself.

I saw Cheapy tweet that he thinks he can wait until the next gen version to play GTA5, even after seeing this video.  For me, and any real fan of GTA, it's the exact opposite.  I can't imagine waiting any longer than I have to just for better graphics.  The graphics look good enough and I don't see the experience being ruined by not running on a "high end" machine.

I'm also excited for the multiplayer which will have a ton of traffic day one.  I'm beginning to doubt that Rockstar even has the next gen versions of these titles in development yet as we've yet to hear even a peep about a PC version--although I'm sure we will see a PC version by summer '14 and a PS4 and Xbone port by holiday '14, there is no way I'm waiting that long to play it.  I loved GTA4, and every other GTA for that matter, so for me this is the holy grail of games and easily my most anticipated of this generation. 

I'm sure it will eventually release on next gen consoles, probably with a few extra bells and whistles, but Rockstar is far and away my favorite developer and I'll happily buy it in September and again for my PS4 when and if that happens. 

I almost feel sorry for The Last of US and Bioshock Infinite.  Any other year those games would easily win GOTY, but come September GTA5 will blow every other title out of the water.  No other game this gen comes close to matching Rockstars' ambitions for GTA5.  With the on the fly character switching, sheer size of the map, and mission choices depending on play style, GTA5 is shaping up to be THE definitive gaming experience that we will remember well after the next gen launches.

Damn, I just watched the trailer again and I still can't believe how awesome everything looks, this might dethrone San Andreas as the best GTA game of all time. I also upgraded my vanilla pre-order to the special edition, I dont why I did that but I did. :lol:

How does that confirm it? The other version is the 360.
I was just kidding, but it is a good sign for the PS3.

it will be interesting to see if the sales numbers for this game can compete with call of duty ghost, lol

Damn, I just watched the trailer again and I still can't believe how awesome everything looks, this might dethrone San Andreas as the best GTA game of all time. I also upgraded my vanilla pre-order to the special edition, I dont why I did that but I did. :lol:

I was just kidding, but it is a good sign for the PS3.
Lol it peaked my interest, but not enough to waste money on the SE.

The trailer looks awesome but i'm with cheapy i'll wait for the next gen version

I haven't been following this game at all because I was sort of disenfranchised with GTA after so many years of the same old, same old.  I have to say I'm blown away with what they've been working on and can't wait to play this now.

No information on that yet.
Rockstar seems to be pretty stern on saying it's not coming to the PS4/X1. And after seeing this gameplay trailer, I'm guessing it's probably because they need the biggest install base possible because this game probably wasn't cheap to make.

Obviously it will come out EVENTUALLY for X1 and PS4, just as now we can download San Andreas and other PS2 greats like Metal Gear, Ico and Shadow of the Collossus on our PS3's.  I have to think with the streaming and digital options on the next gen consoles it will just ba a matter of time until it's available.

I would also bet that it's coming to PC and I don't think It's too hard to port it from there...but I'm not programmer/developer so I don't know for sure.  What I do know is that where there are opportunities to cash in Devs will and GTA5 would sell extremely well on PC.

I'd also bet that Rockstar is not going to announce it's next gen and PC plans for GTA5 until after it launches on the PS3 and 360 to ensure those with next gen consoles on their minds will still purchase it come Sept. for their current hardware. 

They probably arent saying it will be for next gen as well so it doesnt kill the sales for the ps3 and 360. Let it have its run and have it ready next year.

Obviously it will come out EVENTUALLY for X1 and PS4, just as now we can download San Andreas and other PS2 greats like Metal Gear, Ico and Shadow of the Collossus on our PS3's. I have to think with the streaming and digital options on the next gen consoles it will just ba a matter of time until it's available.

I would also bet that it's coming to PC and I don't think It's too hard to port it from there...but I'm not programmer/developer so I don't know for sure. What I do know is that where there are opportunities to cash in Devs will and GTA5 would sell extremely well on PC.

I'd also bet that Rockstar is not going to announce it's next gen and PC plans for GTA5 until after it launches on the PS3 and 360 to ensure those with next gen consoles on their minds will still purchase it come Sept. for their current hardware.
Gaikai

Obviously it will come out EVENTUALLY for X1 and PS4, just as now we can download San Andreas and other PS2 greats like Metal Gear, Ico and Shadow of the Collossus on our PS3's. I have to think with the streaming and digital options on the next gen consoles it will just ba a matter of time until it's available.

I would also bet that it's coming to PC and I don't think It's too hard to port it from there...but I'm not programmer/developer so I don't know for sure. What I do know is that where there are opportunities to cash in Devs will and GTA5 would sell extremely well on PC.

only thing i could see happen is game coming out for pc maybe a year from now. this game has been in dev for five years i really don't see gta 5 coming out on next gen systems.RDR has yet to hit pc which is a rock star north game.

"Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st."​
 ​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Looks pretty dope, kinda weird that you have to wait until oct 1st to play though.

Just saw the vid.. Oh lawd help me. This hype is killing me

larry-david-faint1qqx.gif

I'm getting it day one for ps3... GTA 4 was a great game. But it sure did pale in comparison against GTA:SA and VC in terms of being a fun game. 9 years of waiting for the proper sequel to SA is long enough for me lol. My hype is telling me I cannot wait for the next gen versions. Though i will surely get it for ps4 once its available.

EDIT: I don't get the reason why they have to delay the online portion of the game, but I like it. It's definitely going to be my go-to mp game for a long time.

Just saw the vid.. Oh lawd help me. This hype is killing me

larry-david-faint1qqx.gif

I'm getting it day one for ps3... GTA 4 was a great game. But it sure did pale in comparison against GTA:SA and VC in terms of being a fun game. 9 years of waiting for the proper sequel to SA is long enough for me lol. My hype is telling me I cannot wait for the next gen versions. Though i will surely get it for ps4 once its available.

EDIT: I don't get the reason why they have to delay the online portion of the game, but I like it. It's definitely going to be my go-to mp game for a long time.
I agree with you 110%, this looks like it will blow GTA 4 and San Andreas outta the water though. MP looks like it will be a blast, cant wait.

so wait single player is only possible up till oct 1st? why don't they just delay the dang game im very disapointed by that. Well to think of it it's really only two weeks and i doudt i will 100 percent the game by two weeks. I heard that this game might be close to 15 hours of gameplay for jsut story not including side content. 

so wait single player is only possible up till oct 1st? why don't they just delay the dang game im very disapointed by that. Well to think of it it's really only two weeks and i doudt i will 100 percent the game by two weeks. I heard that this game might be close to 15 hours of gameplay for jsut story not including side content.
Yes, but I rather them do it this way then delaying the whole game until Oct 1st. We can still play the SP campaign as we wait for the MP.

This game looks awesome but seeing the online makes me think how amazing it would be if the game was an MMO. I bet that's what Rockstar will do on next gen consoles, take the GTA5 world and turn it into an open world online game. 

So basically this time they've made the mp more like single player with missions and garages and stuff you can buy? Eh. I usually trash a car about every 3 minutes in SP unless the mission specifically calls for me to keep it in one piece. I'm even worse in MP.

I just hope the anti griefing measures they said they're implementing work this time. I've had far too many little morons shooting up my vehicles in IV online while I'm just trying to explore and have fun.

That wouldn't be the worst thing to happen... this game's SP looks so fan-fucking-tastic that you'll probably have plenty to do even if they delay the MP by a month or two.
i agree but i would feel ripped off if it got delayed. Kind of makes me upset its not on the game at the start but two weeks is not long but longer then that then you are pushing it.

I guess it's a double edged sword. Do you delay the game until it's 100% ready or do you release it early so people can start playing the main course?:whistle2:

Did they change the date to OCTOBER from September
the main game still comes out on sep 17th single player the online will be out oct 1st the question is seeing it's on thier servers this time and not players hosting the game it's possible the online is on the disc already but will not unlock till oct 1st

bread's done
Back