Uniqlo Monster Hunter 4 and Metal Gear Rising apparel sale ($5.90-$9.90 shirts)

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know these arn't video games, but some people might be interested.  Uniqlo US has Monster Hunter shirts at $9.90 and Metal Gear Rising shirts at $5.90 each.  Shipping is 7 bucks for orders under $100, then free shipping for orders over $100.  Not everyone enjoys wearing video game related apparel, but still a good deal if you are into these series.

Monster Hunter

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/mens-clothing/collections/monster-hunter-shirts

Metal Gear

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/search/metal%20gear

Last edited by a moderator:
If the sizes are anything like the Japanese Uniqlo than you better get one size bigger.  For both times I went to japan I visited one of their many stores and I can tell you that the quality is very good(assuming that these are the same as what they sell in Japan) but they tend to make clothes smaller compared to US sizes.

JP = US

S      XS

M     S

L      M

XL    L

If the sizes are anything like the Japanese Uniqlo than you better get one size bigger. For both times I went to japan I visited one of their many stores and I can tell you that the quality is very good(assuming that these are the same as what they sell in Japan) but they tend to make clothes smaller compared to US sizes.

JP = US

S XS

M S

L M

XL L
You got me worried, but I compared it to another store I use for shirts and they were actually a little larger (in some areas) and smaller in others, so I believe the sizes are based off US standards.

monster hunter underwear ftw, but they are missing some designs with cats.

I previously bought some of the MH shirts when they weren't on sale, as well as the MGS Rising shirts, and gotta say that the sizing is sort of inconsistent though it is close to American standard sizings.  Large are indeed large. I'm about 6'1" and 180-185lbs and the larges are a bit big on me (though to be fair my torso is a bit slim for my size/weight).  I'm ordering a few more this time around and will be getting mediums this time. 

yu-ni-ku-ro
I do realize that is correct, as it's the Japanese pronunciation.

But

I though in English it was Yu-ni-klo.

**EDIT**

Did a bit of googling and found this:

http://www.japansociety.org/uniqlo_from_tokyo_to_new_york_to_global_brand#

Mr. Hamada asked Mr. Domae:

The pronunciation of the brand name in English--it's a play on "unique clothing," but should it be you-NEEK-lo, or YOU-nee-klo?

"Actually we haven't decided how to pronounce it, but a lot of Americans call it YOU-nee-klo, so that's what I used," Mr. Domae replied.

Anyway, Uniqlo is awesome! The wife and I both love them, I've gotten plenty of stuff from them over the past year. If you buy a few 4-5 things at once the shipping isn't so bad, but yeah, that's probably the worst thing about them at this point.

That's some awesome Monster Hunter stuff, I might have to think about picking some of it up, thanks for posting this OP!

Ordered a few things yesterday, and FedEx tracking says they'll arrive tomorrow. I'm a smedium so I went with smalls after reading that the US sizing runs a bit on the big side. 

I wish people would stop re-posting that shipping kills it.  Even at $7 shipping, its still a great deal for most of this still.  Comparatively, if you were to buy these shirts from Japan, they would run about $25-35 a shirt.

If you order 2-4 items, the shipping is pretty negligible.

If the sizes are anything like the Japanese Uniqlo than you better get one size bigger. For both times I went to japan I visited one of their many stores and I can tell you that the quality is very good(assuming that these are the same as what they sell in Japan) but they tend to make clothes smaller compared to US sizes.

JP = US

S XS

M S

L M

XL L
I would go up two sizes just to be safe. I have ordered several shirts from Asia from different shirt companies using that same logic except and I find that the shirts tend to be much shorter than American/Euro standards.

I would go up two sizes just to be safe. I have ordered several shirts from Asia from different shirt companies using that same logic except and I find that the shirts tend to be much shorter than American/Euro standards.
As I've already posted. The site goes off US standards, so you're going to be in trouble if you go up two sizes.

There are a few Uniqlo stores in NYC, does anybody know if they'll have these in stock at this price? If so I'll bite.
It's ymmv on those stores. The one on 5th ave had at most 12 shirts of varying design and sizes. Don't know about the soho and 34 th street stores. Also don't rely on there phone customer service and stock finder, I was told they were not in store but searching around I found them in store.

I just went to the Soho store, about 20-30 Monster Hunter shirts mixed sizes and designs.  The shirts were the same as the online prices.

bread's done
Back