Where to find Warner / Reel Heroes SteelBooks released in May/June?

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
I have a question:

This week I checked all three of the Walmart's in my vicinity and they all had pulled the steelbook display that included the WB steelbooks, the Reel Heroes collection as well as the few random Metal Pak's.

Amazon only appears to sell the WB SteelBooks and Reel Heroes Steelbooks but none of the Metal Paks.

Are there any B&M retailers that carry these? 

If not who carries them for online retailers?

Does anyone carry the handful of metalpaks?

The Metal Paks are exclusive to Walmart.

I figured that much. But I'm guessing that all Walmarts either have or will be pulling the displays soon since every Walmart in my area has despite having plenty of steelbooks still leftover at the time the displays were pulled. I'm going to assume that they sent the extra inventory back to a warehouse somewhere but as far as I can tell there are no walmart.com listings for these yet. I was just wondering if there was a way to purchase more now that they aren't being sold in store.

Sometimes they can just sell it back to the company, Paramount?, if they don't sell.  It's possible it's only a timed exclusive and will appear at other retailers down the road but there's no info on that just yet.  

Sometimes they can just sell it back to the company, Paramount?, if they don't sell. It's possible it's only a timed exclusive and will appear at other retailers down the road but there's no info on that just yet.
Makes sense. I just wasn't sure what they (walmart) would do with them all. They clearly are dismantling the displays in my region and it doesn't appear they have any intentions of selling these in store (I checked all three stores and they weren't selling any of the steelbooks anymore).

I know they are selling the standard WB Steelbooks online but was curious as to what they were doing with the metal paks and reel hero collections.

The Real Heroes can be purchased at Best Buy, Costco and I read somewhere that GoHastings started selling them too.

The Real Heroes can be purchased at Best Buy, Costco and I read somewhere that GoHastings started selling them too.

Best Buy B&M? I'll have to check it out. My store got turned upside down when they put in a Samsung mini-store---and combine that with the fact that they decided to combine the DVD/Blu-ray section it's difficult to find anything that isn't a new release.

Gohastings is carrying them, they are on sale for $9.99 but if I remember correctly they ship there stuff in bags.

I've been reading that about Best Buy, media sections shrinking with a bunch of bare shelves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda sucks, I actually drove out to my local Hastings just over a week ago looking for the Shuan of the Dead and Hot Fuzz since the website was OOS.  I ended up paying something like $15.99 each in store.  I'm happy to have them since they look great, but $9.99 is a great deal.  Guess I'll bite on Paul to complete the Simon Pegg collection.

I saw a little display that (while picked through) had Scott Pilgrim, Riddick, maybe Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead in Target the other day, so those steelbooks are not Walmart exclusive.

I saw a little display that (while picked through) had Scott Pilgrim, Riddick, maybe Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead in Target the other day, so those steelbooks are not Walmart exclusive.

Yeah my target had them too... during the same time frame that Walmart had them but they were pulled last week according to the Target employee I spoke too.

And to the poster directly above me the FYE closed in our area a long time ago.

No one is saying the Reel Heroes are Walmart exclusives but the metal paks were. None of the B&M retailers in my area are carrying either anymore so online ordering is my only choice.

They certainly are not Walmart exclusive. I've seen tons of the damn things at Best Buy and FYE.
The only thing Wal-Mart had that was exclusive were the metal packs.

EDIT: lol... you answered it too, Wal-Mart reset there stuff a few weeks ago replacing those movies. They may or may not show up at other retailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gohastings is carrying them, they are on sale for $9.99 but if I remember correctly they ship there stuff in bags.
yes and said bags are unpadded and for some reason even if you order everything in one order it will most likely ship separately further increasing the chances you get a damaged steel. So good luck with Hastings and steels.

bread's done
Back