The Sims 3 (PC/Mac) $5 and Expansion Packs on Sale at Origin

Oh good it's for Mac too. Are any of the expansion packs worth getting?
My girlfriend plays them, and she's been wanting Seasons. She seems to know about her Sims, but I'm unsure about any of the other ones. The most recent one is said to be pretty decent as well, but it's only $10 off.

Are any of the expansion packs worth getting?
I recommend Ambitions, Generations, and Late Night for improving base gameplay.

World Adventures, Seasons, University, and Supernatural for adding more things to do if you get bored, but aren't as essential as the previous three, imo.

Not a fan of Pets or Showtime...I found animals to be more of a nuisance in TS3, and Showtime only adds a few things that really don't interact well with the rest of the gameplay.

Haven't purchased Island Paradise yet. Skip the Stuff Packs and Worlds, as there is tons of free user made content out there.

If you are new to TS3, be warned: this game has issues. Takes me about 15 minutes to load up my custom world, and many many people have problems trying to get it to work. On the brighter side though, since it is a ridiculously huge seller, someone else will have had your problems before you did, complained about it, and (hopefully) found a solution. Be prepared to do lots of forum searching to get things running smoothly.

There also is a ludicrously ginormous modding community that has solved many faults and issues.

I got the base game for $5, and I want the Worlds Adventure and Ambitions expansions, but the price still seems too high for me ($12 each). Have the expansions ever been cheaper elsewhere, such as on Amazon? I just want to know if there's a good chance I'll be able to find these expansions cheaper down the line, or if I should just bite the bullet now. Thanks everyone!

Hmmm, so now for me it's a toss up between Seasons, Supernatural, and University. I'm leaning more towards Seasons. Any thoughts from someone who has it?

I got the base game for $5, and I want the Worlds Adventure and Ambitions expansions, but the price still seems too high for me ($12 each). Have the expansions ever been cheaper elsewhere, such as on Amazon? I just want to know if there's a good chance I'll be able to find these expansions cheaper down the line, or if I should just bite the bullet now. Thanks everyone!
Iirc, last year, Gamersgate had a lot of The Sims 3 and its expansions for $6-10 (which was about 70% off at the time) for most of a day near the beginning of its summer sale. Haven't seen that sort of aggressive sale pricing since, but the ones you named have definitely been lower than $12 each before (they're usually $7-10 each when on sale, but usually a better value price-wise when bought bundled with the base game).

bread's done
Back