Split/Second PS3 $10.00 + $4.00 Shipping Amazon

Agreed. I loved this game. Kinda wanna get it on PC again for the high-res goodness, but the demo doesn't even let you change resolution/aspect ratio so I've no idea how good it is on PC. Hah!

Decent game, but the extreme rubberband AI really hurts it imo.
My thoughts exactly. It was great until the end where the rubberbanding was just out of control. I would be 10+ seconds ahead of the AI and then suddenly the AI would warp in front of me and I'D be 10 seconds behind.

Wow, that's a lot of good CAG reviews for this game.  Never crossed my mind to buy it, but now I'm second guessing my decision to pass this one up.

Is there any other racing game that it compares to?  I tend to like Burnout more than NFS, for example.

Wow, that's a lot of good CAG reviews for this game. Never crossed my mind to buy it, but now I'm second guessing my decision to pass this one up.

Is there any other racing game that it compares to? I tend to like Burnout more than NFS, for example.
I think if you like NFS and Burnout games, you'll probably dig this quite a bit. It doesn't use licensed cars, but they still look awesome. It's different in that you use the environment as weapons to stop your opponents or take short cuts by triggering events that give it a movie style action scene.

It's been a long time since I've played it, but I do remember it having a lot of rubber band moments with the AI opponents, but I don't remember it being any worse than NFS. Racing games just tend to demand perfection.

One of my favorite games! The best part is great pick up and play style. Great racing. Simple but challenging. Highly recommended. I enjoyed it so much I ended up buying it digitally as well since it went down to $10 on a PSN sale at one point. Don't miss out on this game. Out of the all the game modes Survival is the best and most fun!

Agreed. I loved this game. Kinda wanna get it on PC again for the high-res goodness, but the demo doesn't even let you change resolution/aspect ratio so I've no idea how good it is on PC. Hah!
Got this game on PC for about $10 during the Direct2Drive days. Besides the rubberband AI others have said, the PC version is also locked at 30fps like the console game. There's really no point in buying the PC version (no resale value) except for the slightly higher quality graphics. I rather have 60fps than better graphics. That said, the game is pretty fun except for the mentioned rubberband AI.

I love this game. I spent $45 on this on release day and it was well worth it. Same day as Red Dead Redemption, and this was so good, I was conflicted on what to play every day for the next two months.

It's a must-buy if you enjoy Burnout, especially Takedown and Revenge. Or if you just like explosions.

I had a great time with this game last year, but I only paid $9.99 with free shipping from a GameFly sale, so was used, not new, but that made no difference to my enjoyment.  I even flipped it for like $15 bucks, so I got paid $5 to play it.  Had a lot of fun with it.

Was such a good game, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the multiplayer for this game get shuttered some time ago?  Still a great game if you want a genuinely innovative racer but don't want anybody ending up disappointed because they expected MP.

Was such a good game, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the multiplayer for this game get shuttered some time ago? Still a great game if you want a genuinely innovative racer but don't want anybody ending up disappointed because they expected MP.
Online multiplayer isn't included, but there is Split-Screen. It's a great game to play when friends are over.

Online multiplayer isn't included, but there is Split-Screen. It's a great game to play when friends are over.
Well when the game came out there was definitely online multiplayer since I've played it, the demo was an online multiplayer demo and there's six multiplayer trophies.

bread's done
Back