Friend says she can but others said if she does can get into trouble .. school aid

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
so my friend went into apply for a grant  or something for school    (i think they are giving me half the story here but find it interesting and it asks you for your race...

she put down   african american  cause she  went onto   ancestry    and found out that her  great great  great  grandmother  came from   south  africa  so  she said  she has the right to claim  that in her back ground and claim   African  American    even  though she was born  in  Ohio...

so  can she claim this  ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

IF  SO    WHY  if  NOT  WHY NOT

o by the way  she  is  a white person   and both of her parents and grand parents  are white ...  other friend said if she tried it      they would pull the grant  once  she  shows up     asking for it  even if she has proof  that  the great great great  ect   came from there  

Last edited by a moderator:
so my friend went into apply for a grant or something for school (i think they are giving me half the story here but find it interesting and it asks you for your race...

she put down african american cause she went onto ancestry and found out that her great great great grandmother came from south africa so she said she has the right to claim that in her back ground and claim African American even though she was born in Ohio...
What difference does it make where she was born? She either has African roots or she doesn't.

Also, South Africa was colonized by the British in the early part of the 19th century and whites now make up roughly 20% of the population.

This is the shit that makes the VS. forum not even worth posting in anymore, let alone even taking the time to read anything in it...

I don't know whether to be offended or not. I wasn't born in Africa, but generally African American is the choice that I pick, because black is usually not a choice.

I'm really not sure exactly what the question you are asking is.

must-get-ibtl.jpg

so i ran into them over the weekend and the college said no that is only for black students    

also they said  she could not  file it if its  past here grandparents   what would knock  90% of all of the  students out of the running then if they apply that to all

bread's done
Back