(store.nisamerica.com) Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Limited Edition

telepathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
$84.99 http://store.nisamerica.com/Exclusives/Disgaea-D2-A-Brighter-Darkness-Limited-Edition

S97OxI9.jpg

Limited Edition Includes:

• Disgaea D2 Limited Edition box
  - Disgaea D2 for PS3
  - Full-color hardcover art book
  - 2 disc original soundtrack 
    with jewel case
  - Collectors Box 
  - 
Bonus Items

• 2 Petite Figures (Etna and Flonne)
  • 5 Collectors Art Cards
There is also a $104.99 version that comes with the Strategy Guide but that's prob a terrible idea 

since it would increase the shipping a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already preordered one with strat guide, thinking it's nisa store exclusive as well.

I did a bit of research and it turns out buying from nis store is cheaper if you intend to buy the hardcover guide.

From NIS: $104.99 + $15.85 (shipping to Ontario) = $120.84

Buy separate: $84.99 + $12.91 (shipping to Ontario) + $25.87 (guide from amazon.ca) = $123.77

It's even worse in US now as amazon.com is selling it for $31.17 :)

I've already preordered one with strat guide, thinking it's nisa store exclusive as well.

I did a bit of research and it turns out buying from nis store is cheaper if you intend to buy the hardcover guide.

From NIS: $104.99 + $15.85 (shipping to Ontario) = $120.84

Buy separate: $84.99 + $12.91 (shipping to Ontario) + $25.87 (guide from amazon.ca) = $123.77

It's even worse in US now as amazon.com is selling it for $31.17 :)
Jesus, that Shipping and Handling. I'm scared to see what they charge for Quebec.

Edit: So, I added the $84.99 one into the cart. Seems the S&H for me is $12.91.

Scalpers snatched up all of the strategy guide bundles. Guess they were really limited compared to the bundles w/o the guide, especially considering NISA has a rep for making way more LEs than some other folk. The Disgaea 4 LE sells for very little these days. 

I was able to grab the Strategy Guide LE before it was gone. Costs cheaper than buying the LE+Guide itself.

Scalpers snatched up all of the strategy guide bundles. Guess they were really limited compared to the bundles w/o the guide, especially considering NISA has a rep for making way more LEs than some other folk. The Disgaea 4 LE sells for very little these days.
It wasn't scalpers. NISA store exclusive LEs are actually limited, D2 is supposed to be a great game, and there's a huge Disgaea/collector fanbase out there (remember used copies of Disgaea 1 regularly selling for $100+ back in the day). Also NISA limited order quantities, so if scalpers tried to cash in they just would've gotten their orders cancelled.

It wasn't scalpers. NISA store exclusive LEs are actually limited, D2 is supposed to be a great game, and there's a huge Disgaea/collector fanbase out there (remember used copies of Disgaea 1 regularly selling for $100+ back in the day). Also NISA limited order quantities, so if scalpers tried to cash in they just would've gotten their orders cancelled.
Maybe the LE+guide was limited, but the set without the guide - which has been available for just as long - still has around 75% of stock left. You can also still get the Time & Eternity LE set. Although the game allegedly sucks eggs, pre-orders have been open for quite a while on it.(since at least May). Not disagreeing with you and Maybe this is different because A.) Disgaea is a popular series and B.) the game is actually supposed to be good, but most collector's I talk to says NISA's stuff really isn't typically super limited like some. And there's like 30 already on eBay, so the scalpers may have made some dent D:

The normal LE doesn't have 75%. NISA's stock checker jumps in 25% increments, and has been sitting at "less than 75%" for a good while now. It'll update when it passes onto "less than 50%". Also the Time & Eternity LE has been soldout for a week or so now. Perhaps you didn't notice since the stock checker says "less than 25%", but it's all gone.

Most of the collectors you've been talking to haven't been buying from the NISA store, have they? Yeah they print large runs of the retail LE's like the Disgaea 4 one. But the store exclusives are an entirely different deal. They haven't posted numbers recently (as far as I've seen), but runs were usually like 1-2k. 30 copies isn't much of a dent, and anything

The normal LE doesn't have 75%. NISA's stock checker jumps in 25% increments, and has been sitting at "less than 75%" for a good while now. It'll update when it passes onto "less than 50%". Also the Time & Eternity LE has been soldout for a week or so now. Perhaps you didn't notice since the stock checker says "less than 25%", but it's all gone.

Most of the collectors you've been talking to haven't been buying from the NISA store, have they? Yeah they print large runs of the retail LE's like the Disgaea 4 one. But the store exclusives are an entirely different deal. They haven't posted numbers recently (as far as I've seen), but runs were usually like 1-2k. 30 copies isn't much of a dent, and anything <10k is far from common.
Ah, I see. And no, I don't think they hit the NISA store but like Amazons and such. Were you able to get one w/ guide? I'm watching one that opened for bidding at $1 over on eBay. BTW he can just cancel if he doesn't make enough, right?

Ah, I see. And no, I don't think they hit the NISA store but like Amazons and such. Were you able to get one w/ guide? I'm watching one that opened for bidding at $1 over on eBay. BTW he can just cancel if he doesn't make enough, right?
Probably. Remember, to be profitable you have to take into account fees, so it'll be significantly over that.

Otherwise they'll just relist or cancel the order.

Smart collectors find a way to get it from store directly or get a service (*cough* goomba) to ship it to you.

If you wanted a Strategy Guide bundle, you can always just buy the guide over on amazon.ca and just pair it with an LE ;)

Yeah, you have to be a fool to buy those off of eBay. Amazon.ca has the guide going for about $25.70. Just buy the LE from NISA and pre-order the guide from Amazon. Way cheaper than bidding/buying from people on eBay.

Wow, this statement is wrong on so many levels... NISA doesn't have a rep for making a lot of LE's, but they do have a rep for publishing shitty games no one wants. Mugen Souls, Cross Edge, Last Rebellion, Time and Eternity, etc. This is why they sometimes go on sale / don't sell out, since they just simply aren't that great. Like when Neptunia first released, the game was actually pretty hard to find and they were asked to produce more, which they finally did over time.

As far as Disgaea 4 is concerned, you're forgetting the whole image fiasco. Original images of the collectors edition showed the box art for the Nendoroid figure who was part of the Japanese CE. They later clarified that it was not the nendoroid and some cheap lower quality figure. Beyond the figure you have a artbook trying to sell the game for a premium price, which no one wanted. The same can be seen for the super CE, as it's also still for sale.

Maybe the LE+guide was limited, but the set without the guide - which has been available for just as long - still has around 75% of stock left. You can also still get the Time & Eternity LE set. Although the game allegedly sucks eggs, pre-orders have been open for quite a while on it.(since at least May). Not disagreeing with you and Maybe this is different because A.) Disgaea is a popular series and B.) the game is actually supposed to be good, but most collector's I talk to says NISA's stuff really isn't typically super limited like some. And there's like 30 already on eBay, so the scalpers may have made some dent D:
Your collector friends sound uninformed, since again, it has a lot more to do with quality than quantity (supply / demand stuff). This is why the Neptunia CE's sold out and the Mugen Souls / Disgaea 4 CE stayed in stock.

Probably. Remember, to be profitable you have to take into account fees, so it'll be significantly over that.

Otherwise they'll just relist or cancel the order.

Smart collectors find a way to get it from store directly or get a service (*cough* goomba) to ship it to you.

If you wanted a Strategy Guide bundle, you can always just buy the guide over on amazon.ca and just pair it with an LE ;)
That's what I thought. I'll try my luck with it anyways .

Quick question - I have an LE without the guide and the LE guide pre-ordered. Does the LE + guide come in a special collector's box, or does it include the same box as the LE without the guide? I ask because I want the legit NISA LE with guide, but if the LE+guide comes with a bigger/unique box than the LE without guide, it isn't really the same thing. 

Nobody knows that yet. Try emailing their customer service and ask.

If they come in unique boxes I might want to order both...

Nobody knows that yet. Try emailing their customer service and ask.

If they come in unique boxes I might want to order both...
I actually followed you advice and emailed them! It took a while for them to respond, but this is what they said:

Update for Case #13867 - "Question About Disgaea D2 Limited Edition"

Hello,

The strategy guide is packaged outside of the actual Limited Edition box, so you are actually going to get the exact same Limited Edition with the exception of the strategy guide which will be on the side. If you were interested in purchasing a strategy guide separately to go along with your order, they will be available at retailers outside of our Online Store, such as Amazon.com, Gamestop, and booksellers that sell strategy guides. In other words, you can actually end up with the full Limited Edition plus Strategy Guide which is out of stock! The only difference is that the price of the strategy guide is a few dollars more than it is with the LE bundle.

We hope that this answers your question! Thank you for your support and please let us know if we can assist you further! Have a great day!

Best Wishes,

Support Representative
NIS America, Inc.
So the literal only difference between the LE and the LE+guide is the guide, everything else would be identical...if I'm reading this properly.

bread's done
Back