* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#5821 imac2much   The Angry Baker CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

imagine a modern, 3d, simon's quest

I had to think for a few seconds, but this may be the most succinct yet accurate explanation of Dark Souls I've ever read... at least for anyone old enough to remember the frustrations and joys (extreme highs and lows) experienced by playing Castlevania 2 as a grade schooler with no access to guides or internet :)

#5822 danchilders   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

danchilders

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Dark Souls is a good and unforgiving game for console it's great for PC..not so much. One of the worst ports this gen next to Sr2.  there are mods out there to "fix" the game though

Even vanilla Dark Souls is a very solid port.  It runs well and is well optimized even on a low end system and few crashes (except for the poor souls that have GFWL set up problems).  It's a well made game and a well made port. It's not poorly optimized or buggy like many other "bad" PC ports. 

The only problem with it is a lack of graphics options, which the DSFIX mod solves. You turn off AA in game, drop the two files into the game folder then you open DSFIX.ini file and edit the graphics settings you want.  That's it.  It takes 2-3 minutes.

#5823 leaderWON   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

leaderWON

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Just an FYI, next to "MultiQuote", click "Hide".

thanks! (mobile fail)

#5824 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Dude, ever hear of line breaks?

No, I don't have it yet and am interested.

well then I guess you should pick it up here at chance #223563

#5825 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10465 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

For arguments sake, while it has been on sale frequently, this is the cheapest it's been, which is why some people have been holding off buying in the past.  Well, that and GFWL.

#5826 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

Now I must know

he wus talkin bout spoder.

I'm waiting for $5 and/or GFWL to be patched out, how crazy of me. You should just lock me up now since I've obviously got problems for not owning this game already.

#5827 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm surprised his head didn't explode when you bitched about something totally out of Amazon's control. When you buy PC downloads from any online store you should check each game to see what kind of DRM it has. Gamefly, Gamersgate, and Amazon all sell packs that have multiple DRM systems for different games. You didn't pay attention, you got outraged and started complaining on a forum, and for some reason Tony gave you $10 which is way more than any other store would do for you. The game isn't even on Steam, so it's pretty ridiculous to whine about it. If the link for that individual game said Steam that would be different. But your post comes off as entitled and childish, and that's why people didn't take it that well.

And you sir are a self righteous douche. Amazon gets a lot of my money, and I mean a lot, this is the 1st time in recent memory that I complained, and it was no big deal until people like you attack. I checked the page, did my due diligence, but yes failed to check if the game was on Steam. Amazon do give exceptional customer service, and Tony is an asset, but when the rubber hits the road it is still my money being spent and I feel that I can point out something that seems wrong. Why don't you attack all the folks pissed about UPlay or GFWL.

Go mind your own F'n business. 

And p.s dumbass, the comments on the actual amazon page are entirely in Amazons control. It's not like DRM confusion doesn't happen on a daily basis, and in this case Tony changed the language on the page to help the next buyer, so IMHO by reporting it I did some good.

#5828 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8679 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

This man just entered a word of helpless addiction the likes of which only junkies can truly understand, and you say "Welcome"? This man is in need of rehab, STAT! Backlog, incessantly hitting F5 to refresh sale pages, checking forums daily, then hourly until reaching the coveted "CAG regular" status, buying bundle after bundle (figuring out the mean average you're paying for each game in the bundle versus the ones you already have), creating spreadsheets to feel more organized all the while just really creating more methods to nurture your addiction even more, keeping track of where you bought what and what service it requires, diving into the mysterious word of layers of DRM, installing mobile apps to keep track of all of the above when not stationed i front of his PC, then needing tech sales and forums to find deals on the massive hard drives required to store all of the above. May whatever God you believe in take pity on your soul Good Sir.

#DontWantTheCure

#LikeTheDisease

#NothingWrongWithMe

#75%OffOrDie

Agreed. This is like shooting somebody up w/dope for the first time and smiling and bein like YO WELCOME HAVE FUN BEING HOMELESS IN A MONTH

#5829 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

This man just entered a word of helpless addiction the likes of which only junkies can truly understand, and you say "Welcome"? <sneep>

<Sticks fingers in ears> LalalaLALALALA! OH SAY I CAN'T SEE! - Oooo, look a new IR launched today! <scurries away>

#5830 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

For anyone still looking for Bad Rats on the cheap - from the description it looks like a Steam key.

#5831 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8679 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

And you sir are a self righteous douche. Amazon gets a lot of my money, and I mean a lot, this is the 1st time in recent memory that I complained, and it was no big deal until people like you attack. I checked the page, did my due diligence, but yes failed to check if the game was on Steam. Amazon do give exceptional customer service, and Tony is an asset, but when the rubber hits the road it is still my money being spent and I feel that I can point out something that seems wrong. Why don't you attack all the folks pissed about UPlay or GFWL.

And p.s dumbass, the comments on the actual amazon page are entirely in Amazons control. It's not like DRM confusion doesn't happen on a daily basis, and in this case Tony changed the language on the page to help the next buyer, so IMHO by reporting it I did some good.

Let's all relax here and keep our personal squabbles off the Amazon (or any) CAG board. 

I'm not taking sides at all in this argument, it's just annoying to have to see posts like this, especially on Thanksgiving eve. 

Let's all just enjoy the gnarly ass deals and continue to praise our lord and savior, Tony, and focus on salvaging those who place false idols (Gaben) before him.

#5832 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11158 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

That was driving me nuts so i fixed the non-Sim's related line breaks.

-------------------------------------

travathian, on 27 Nov 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

The following deals end today (11/27)

ALICE: MADNESS RETURNS THE COMPLETE COLLECTION - 7.49

BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2 ULTIMATE DIGITAL COLLECTION - 8.99

BULLETSTORM - 4.99

BULLETSTORM - 4.99

Burning Hot Bundle  - 5.99

CRYSIS 2 MAXIMUM - 7.49

CRYSIS 2 MAXIMUM - 7.49

CRYSIS MAXIMUM - 7.49

Dead Island Franchise Pack (GOTY, Riptide + DLCs) - 33.49

Dead Island Game of the Year Edition  - 9.99

Dead Island Riptide  - 19.99

Dead Island Riptide: Fashion Victim DLC  - 1.33

Dead Island Riptide: Survivor Pack DLC  - 3.33

DEAD SPACE - 4.99

DEAD SPACE - 4.99

DEAD SPACE 2 - 4.99

DEAD SPACE 2 - 4.99

Have Faith Bundle  - 4.99

Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle  - 8.49

MASS EFFECT - 4.99

MASS EFFECT - 4.99

MASS EFFECT 2 - 4.99

MASS EFFECT 2 - 4.99

MASS EFFECT 2 DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION - 7.49

MASS EFFECT 3 - 6.99

MASS EFFECT 3 - 6.99

MASS EFFECT 3 DIGITAL DELUXE - 9.99

MEDAL OF HONOR ULTIMATE DIGITAL COLLECTION - 8.99

Medal of Honor Warfighter pack (Game + DLC)  - 7.49

Risen  - 4.99

Risen 2 : Dark Waters  - 9.99

Risen 2 Bundle  - 14.99

Risen 2: Dark Waters - A Pirate's Clothes DLC  - 1.49

Risen 2: Dark Waters - The Air Temple DLC  - 4.99

Risen 2: Dark Waters - Treasure Isle DLC  - 4.99

Risen Franchise Pack - 19.99

Sacred 2 Gold  - 9.99

Sacred Citadel  - 7.49

Sacred Citadel - Jungle Hunt  - 2.49

Sacred Franchise Pack (Citadel, S2G, DLC) - 14.99

Secret Files - Tunguska  - 4.99

Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis  - 4.99

Secret Files 3  - 9.99

SIM CITY 4 DELUXE - 4.99

SIM CITY 4 DELUXE - 4.99

SPORE ULTIMATE DIGITAL COLLECTION - 9.99

Street Fighter X Tekken  - 14.99

Street Fighter X Tekken Complete Pack  - 29.99

SYNDICATE - 4.99

SYNDICATE - 4.99

Tiny & Big in: Grandpa's Leftovers  - 2.5

Tiny & Big in: Grandpa's Leftovers Soundtrack Edition  - 3.5

THE SIMS stuff

Spoiler

#5833 wtsutton   Lost my hippie lettuce! CAGiversary!   943 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Bit on the combo pack with XCom, Civ 4 an Civ 5.  Mostly because a friend heard me talking about it and said he would give me ten bucks for the Civ 4 key (he was stoked since it included the expansions and Colonization.)  So I got XCom and Civ 5 for ten dollars.  WOOT!!!!

#5834 kingtopher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

I'm not trying to argue, just to say how the post came off. Look, I don't want to get in a fight with you or anything, and I apologize for being an ass if I have. We all buy something without investigating it enough sometimes. But my reaction if I had bought that and it hadn't been discussed in here already (which it had, extensively) would be a quick "hey guys, in case you didn't know, I thought this was for a Steam code but it's not even on Steam" not to complain to Tony about something being Amazon's fault. Really, if you wanted the game before, how big a difference is it to just add a non-Steam game to Steam if it isn't on Steam?

Anyway, I extend the peace pipe.

#5835 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8679 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

That was driving me nuts so i fixed the non-Sim's related line breaks.

-------------------------------------

travathian, on 27 Nov 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

The following deals end today (11/27)

BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2 ULTIMATE DIGITAL COLLECTION - 8.99

BULLETSTORM - 4.99

BULLETSTORM - 4.99

Burning Hot Bundle  - 5.99

CRYSIS 2 MAXIMUM - 7.49

CRYSIS 2 MAXIMUM - 7.49

CRYSIS MAXIMUM - 7.49

Dead Island Franchise Pack (GOTY, Riptide + DLCs) - 33.49

Dead Island Game of the Year Edition  - 9.99

Dead Island Riptide  - 19.99

Dead Island Riptide: Fashion Victim DLC  - 1.33

Dead Island Riptide: Survivor Pack DLC  - 3.33

DEAD SPACE - 4.99

DEAD SPACE - 4.99

DEAD SPACE 2 - 4.99

DEAD SPACE 2 - 4.99

Have Faith Bundle  - 4.99

Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle  - 8.49

MASS EFFECT - 4.99

MASS EFFECT - 4.99

MASS EFFECT 2 - 4.99

MASS EFFECT 2 - 4.99

MASS EFFECT 3 - 6.99

MASS EFFECT 3 - 6.99

MEDAL OF HONOR ULTIMATE DIGITAL COLLECTION - 8.99

Medal of Honor Warfighter pack (Game + DLC)  - 7.49

Risen  - 4.99

Risen 2 : Dark Waters  - 9.99

Risen 2 Bundle  - 14.99

Risen 2: Dark Waters - A Pirate's Clothes DLC  - 1.49

Risen 2: Dark Waters - The Air Temple DLC  - 4.99

Risen 2: Dark Waters - Treasure Isle DLC  - 4.99

Risen Franchise Pack - 19.99

Sacred 2 Gold  - 9.99

Sacred Citadel  - 7.49

Sacred Citadel - Jungle Hunt  - 2.49

Sacred Franchise Pack (Citadel, S2G, DLC) - 14.99

Secret Files - Tunguska  - 4.99

Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis  - 4.99

Secret Files 3  - 9.99

SIM CITY 4 DELUXE - 4.99

SIM CITY 4 DELUXE - 4.99

Street Fighter X Tekken  - 14.99

Street Fighter X Tekken Complete Pack  - 29.99

SYNDICATE - 4.99

SYNDICATE - 4.99

Tiny & Big in: Grandpa's Leftovers Soundtrack Edition  - 3.5

THE SIMS stuff

Spoiler

WTF DID YOU DO YOU RUINED IT

So that's what the kids are calling that extension nowadays...

#5836 spoderman  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

I attempted to win a Grid 2 key today for LN3000, and won it on my first try. I think my time was about 2:52. Not sure if this will benefit anyone, but at least LN has a key now?

#5837 Eelkram   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

What time does amazon normally flip the switch for the new sales?

#5838 LN3000   Companion Cube CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thank you Spoder! :D

#5839 uqblf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted details about the Intel GRID 2 giveaway!

A while ago I had tried for several days to win a code but when I realized how weird the highscore table was I stopped trying and never looked further into details. Well now I just retried once more, managed to get a 2:49 time and did indeed win a key! :D

Sorry Tony, one thing less I'll be getting from Amazon...but now I'm considering getting the Racing Pack instead once it hits $9.99. ;)

#5840 bad_freddy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

bad_freddy

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

If anyone gets another key for GRID 2 who doesn't need it and is kind enough to share it, I will be grateful to have it because Europe is not eligible for this giveaway so I can't try myself to get one.

Thanks in advance.

#5841 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

There is no need to be upset.

#5842 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hey guys,

Couple of updates:

1. Please stop arguing, see the OP. Last year got really ugly and I don't want to see the thread spiral out of control again.

2. We are going to be selling the 2400 Cartel Coins Pack for 25% off tomorrow through 12/2, for those still playing SWTOR this could be good :).

3. We moved the Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed III Deluxe 75% off sale up to include both tomorrow and Black Friday

4. We changed the BF4 $24.99 promotion. Here are the new details:

1. We’ll be at $24.99 for 4 hours 3:10PM (PST) – 7:10PM (PST) on 11/28
  2. Prior to that we will be at $34.99 on 11/28
  3. On 11/29 we’ll be at $29.99

This deal changed a bunch over the last couple of days, this should be the final iteration.

Cheers,
Tony

#5843 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm not trying to argue, just to say how the post came off. Look, I don't want to get in a fight with you or anything, and I apologize for being an ass if I have. We all buy something without investigating it enough sometimes. But my reaction if I had bought that and it hadn't been discussed in here already (which it had, extensively) would be a quick "hey guys, in case you didn't know, I thought this was for a Steam code but it's not even on Steam" not to complain to Tony about something being Amazon's fault. Really, if you wanted the game before, how big a difference is it to just add a non-Steam game to Steam if it isn't on Steam?

the peace pipe? hmmm guess i could join in for some that :D

#5844 Thermopyle  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

We changed the BF4 $24.99 promotion. Here are the new details:

1. We’ll be at $24.99 for 4 hours 3:10PM (PST) – 7:10PM (PST) on 11/28
  2. Prior to that we will be at $34.99 on 11/28
  3. On 11/29 we’ll be at $29.99

This deal changed a bunch over the last couple of days, this should be the final iteration.

Cheers,
Tony

Any deal on BF4 Premium?

#5845 Trusty Mutsi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Trusty Mutsi

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Question: Should I play Assassin's Creed III after Brotherhood, and skip Revelations?

#5846 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8679 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Question: Should I play Assassin's Creed III after Brotherhood, and skip Revelations?

You should probably skip both and just play ACIV

#5847 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

no way. Rev is far better than 3.

#5848 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

My only concern is that if there is an issue, it may not be noticed until it's too late (EC sales already started) or may not be noticed at all (I'll be required to count up my DVG purchases and match it with whatever the email will say I should get promo-wise).

thats exactly it...

I agree with both of these comments.

Thanks dudes, I'm going to bring this to the team next week and see how we can help address.

Stay tuned.

Will I get 5$ credit promo if I buy PSN code on digital store ?

Yes.

Tony, but at what time? If it's midnight Pacific time,I need to know if I should wake up at 3am eastern time

All our deals start at midnight Pacific unless we explicitly state "This deal starts at X time".

Yeah, most of the older ones have been in the $7.50-$8 range.  Might want to hold off another month.

/agreed, we don't have anything locked in yet but I'm pushing for those ranges.

Tony,

Repost 'cause I think you missed it a few days back:

I'll look into this now. I think there was a fat finger error with that one getting added to the deal tracker though.

When does the Max Payne Complete deal end?

12/3

Any deal on BF4 Premium?

Just the bundle with BF4 for $80.

Cheers,

Tony

#5849 LN3000   Companion Cube CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

The Steam Autumn Sale has begun.

HIDE YOUR WALLETS!!! 

#5850 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

The Steam Autumn Sale has begun.