* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#6841 libmo1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

But it is kind of annoying when you know there's people who work at Amazon who know the promotions like the back of their hands, but you can't talk to them because they are so insulated by the outsourced call center guys.

I get what your saying, but Tony knows the deals because he is the one negotiating them and setting them up. He does not work for cs and most of us would rather him focus on finding us the best deals he can get than dealing with ever customer vs cs dispute.

Tony chooses to be super nice and accomadating to us when situations come up. My point is don't abuse his niceness and possibly ruin how accomadating he is with us.

#6842 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

But it is kind of annoying when you know there's people who work at Amazon who know the promotions like the back of their hands, but you can't talk to them because they are so insulated by the outsourced call center guys.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone in Amazon can keep track of all of their promotions. I mean, poor Tony seems like he is constantly juggling a million things, and he has more than once said "I lost track of that" or "I posted that wrong" or something similar. So I can hardly fault CS for not being able to keep track of it all. Hence why they just toss a credit at people. It requires far less time and money to do that, than it is to dig through a bunch orders, promotions, etc and figure out where it went wrong. Especially considering how often it is probably the customer who mis-read the promotion, bought the wrong SKU, bought it too early/late, etc.

#6843 libmo1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Tone is getting to Serious in here;

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
7F3Q8-R4L78-ZYFZA (probably lurked)

Serious Sam HD: The Secound Encounter
Claimed

Serious Sam 3 BFG
Claimed

#6844 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4204 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
7F3Q8-R4L78-ZYFZA

32VC9-QLQH2-7TM6Z

Serious Sam 3 BFG
https://www.humblebu...S3vvHVPG4YB7EWC

Grabbed 3, thanks

• dfg likes this

#6845 indef  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

32VC9-QLQH2-7TM6Z

Great drop, thank you!

#6846 Psydero   Today you, tomorrow me. CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm upset I missed the sale on Guild Wars 2. Hopefully there's another sale on it around Christmas. 

#6847 tmwfte   Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

I like the idea - even though I do own Dark Souls already.

I'm missing Enslaved and Ace Combat.

For whatever reason, GFWL keys for Ace Combat aren't activating properly.  There's a notice on the Steam page about it.  With this and other (Fables III) titles dying on Steam due to key issues and other GFWL titles being pulled with no explanation (Section 8, FUEL and Dirt 2), people might want to be cautious about jumping on a title that requires the platform.  The signs that it's closing down seem more apparent.

#6848 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

For whatever reason, GFWL keys for Ace Combat aren't activating properly.  There's a notice on the Steam page about it.  With this and other (Fables III) titles dying on Steam due to key issues and other GFWL titles being pulled with no explanation (Section 8, FUEL and Dirt 2), people might want to be cautious about jumping on a title that requires the platform.  The signs that it's closing down seem more apparent.

Dirt 2 pulled!?! That's a huge loss...   :baby:

#6849 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Dirt 2 pulled!?! That's a huge loss...   :baby:

Yeah, glad I have it already, but now I'm worried about it operating correctly.

#6850 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Yeah, glad I have it already, but now I'm worried about it operating correctly.

Nod!  I have zero faith in Codemasters giving any support to their old titles.

I don't recall Dirt 2's level of GFWL integration...

Some GFWL games don't actually require GFWL at all... e.g. my Fallout 3 retail CD, I could simply avoid signing into GFWL and still play and save (w/o even a GFWL offline profile.)

I'm assuming that an offline profile will be sufficient for most single player games (on that same computer/os).

#6851 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Tony,

I probably missed this during the Black Friday sale but did you do/are there plans for a Far Cry Franchise pack?  1, 2, 3, and Blood Dragon... all Steam, of course~

Still working on the Steam keys for 1,2 and Blood Dragon unfortunately.

meh

it was awesome for like an hour or two, then you realize you're going to do the same 3 or 4 things for the rest of the game

the only good things about that game were the environment and the free running

combat sucked

traveling sucked

mission variety sucked

plot was dry as 8 day old shit til the last 15 minutes of the game

there were zero interesting characters

It was a game that showed a lot of potential, but when it was all said and done, it just wasn't fun, imho. Potential doesn't make a game good

ACII was ACI once it fulfilled it's potential

Edit: Tony, just wondering when we should expect the bonus credit to show up in our account. I checked mine after purchasing a few things on the 21st, and the 10 dollars of credit I was supposed to get showed up right away. However, I bought 2 things on the 26th, and the credit is still not in there. Just wondering if there's a delay sometimes. Thanks!

Hey there, credits will be delivered in early January :).

Regarding Enslaved in a bundle: why not a Namco Bandai PC ports bundle? They've got Enslaved, Dark Souls, and Ace Combat: Assault Horizon as the big console ports there.

I wish I knew how to include Lord of Shadows there.

Hey there,

I've thought about this a few time, but I think I'll have better luck with different configurations of the catalog (by better luck I think I'll be able to build better composite pricing than I would be able to in a bundle).

I haven't been getting my credit for the PSN Amazon store. The outsourced reps don't seem to understand what I'm talking about.

1. I purchased the PS4 3-game indie bundle and at the time it was supposed to come with a $10 credit. It has since been reduced to $5 but the indie bundle was once up there with the other $10 credit bundles. http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1001625111

2. I purchased an eligible PS4 game (two actually) on November 12th after 9AM and never received the $5 credit.

Spoiler

Does Tony look into these things because I'm getting nowhere with Amazon support?

Do me a favor and PM me this along with any associated order IDs, if CS can't get you sorted I'll escalate to a manager internally.

I'm upset I missed the sale on Guild Wars 2. Hopefully there's another sale on it around Christmas. 

There will be. Minimum 40% off but I'm pushing for deeper.

Cheers,

Tony

#6852 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

Still working on the Steam keys for 1,2 and Blood Dragon unfortunately.

Hey there, credits will be delivered in early January :).

Hey there,

I've thought about this a few time, but I think I'll have better luck with different configurations of the catalog (by better luck I think I'll be able to build better composite pricing than I would be able to in a bundle).

Do me a favor and PM me this along with any associated order IDs, if CS can't get you sorted I'll escalate to a manager internally.

Cheers,

Tony

tony are u also trying to get steam keeys for anno 2070 complete and driver san franciscio deluxee edition too? it would be great too. i really want their games but i want it steam to make it look cool and money goes to amazon  and credits

#6853 CheapThomas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

CheapThomas

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Cheers,

Tony

Please keep pushing!!!
thanks

#6854 uqblf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Nod!  I have zero faith in Codemasters giving any support to their old titles.

I don't recall Dirt 2's level of GFWL integration...

Some GFWL games don't actually require GFWL at all... e.g. my Fallout 3 retail CD, I could simply avoid signing into GFWL and still play and save (w/o even a GFWL offline profile.)

I'm assuming that an offline profile will be sufficient for most single player games (on that same computer/os).

Well at least there is some hope down the road as Codemasters recently confirmed that they are working on patching GFWL out of DiRT 3 and migrating it to Steamworks. If that goes well, they might continue with their older titles as well.

#6855 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Well at least there is some hope down the road as Codemasters recently confirmed that they are working on patching GFWL out of DiRT 3 and migrating it to Steamworks. If that goes well, they might continue with their older titles as well.

Makes you wonder how difficult it is to separate out the GFWL DRM. Is it just ripping the exe out of the wrapper, or does it require some sort of emulation code for when it goes looking for the client/server mechanic? I know the hooks for starforce and tages are still present but considered "inert", which makes it seem as if the active code is just turned off like flipping a switch when they disable those types of DRM.

#6856 oscargrouch   SCRAM! CAGiversary!   1336 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

oscargrouch

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

Cheers,

Tony

I'd pull the trigger at $19.99.  Almost did yesterday, but gotta make the most of my gaming dollars.

#6857 uqblf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Makes you wonder how difficult it is to separate out the GFWL DRM. Is it just ripping the exe out of the wrapper, or does it require some sort of emulation code for when it goes looking for the client/server mechanic? I know the hooks for starforce and tages are still present but considered "inert", which makes it seem as if the active code is just turned off like flipping a switch when they disable those types of DRM.

Not sure about any details, but I would guess it's more complicated here as GFWL does not only work as DRM but also for the multiplayer portion. So they surely have to change the code base itself in that case. Might be different for singleplayer-only games.

#6858 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4204 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Cheers,

Tony

It's been $30 so often that I barely glance at it anymore. Tony, if you can get the Digital edition of Guild Wars 2 to $20, I would insta-buy. Hell, I'll even consider it at $25, if only because a few of my friends rave about it.

#6859 Psydero   Today you, tomorrow me. CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

Cheers,

Tony

Awesome news Tony, thank you! $25 would be a sweet spot if possible. 

#6860 Chuoi   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

Final Fantasy VIII is on steam now

Hope there is FF bundle (7+8) this holiday :)

#6861 Mac the Geek   Member Title CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Mac the Geek

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

If there's a fully-functional pirated version floating around, then it's probably fairly easy to disable GFWL.  Heck, some companies have released a pirate crack as the official patch.

#6862 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23843 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

Cheers,

Tony

I say push for 75% off or better on all versions of Guild Wars 2. :P

EDIT:

I'd prefer $10 for GW2 Regular. :P

It is a MMO, you know.

Come to think of it, $5.25 would be the ideal price for GW2 - i.e. the price GMG has for TSW once. ;)

#6863 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23843 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

Final Fantasy VIII is on steam now

Hope there is FF bundle (7+8) this holiday :)

We seen FF7 PC re-release for $3 on UPlay and GGG.

So, we need a $5 FF7/8 re-release bundle by X-Mas. ;)

We know FF7 got some sweet mods, so I hope FF8 PC has some mods that been kicking around that we can use for re-release.

I could use a mod for slowing-down/speeding up the GF summons. Those annoyed the hell out of me that they could be so long on old PSX version of FF8 - since a lot of the game felt reliant on Summons.

#6864 targetbsp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

targetbsp

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

You'd generally have to recode the multi player matchmaking.

#6865 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4597 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Or just kill the multiplayer aspect of the game.

#6866 spiritek  

spiritek

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

Dirt 3 has fairly deep GFWL integration as it also uses GFWL for IAP and DLC, until they patch it/fix it you can't even get the free cars etc

#6867 Thermopyle  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

I say push for 75% off or better on all versions of Guild Wars 2. :P

EDIT:

I'd prefer $10 for GW2 Regular. :P

It is a MMO, you know.

Come to think of it, $5.25 would be the ideal price for GW2 - i.e. the price GMG has for TSW once. ;)

The "It's an MMO so it should be cheap to buy the game itself!" argument doesn't really work when there are no monthly fees. :)

#6868 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23843 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

The "It's an MMO so it should be cheap to buy the game itself!" argument doesn't really work when there are no monthly fees. :)

MMO = account-based always online DRM = game is a coaster when the server gets pulled.

Hence why I don't wanna spend a fortune on it. 

#6869 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8399 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

MMO = account-based always online DRM = game is a coaster when the server gets pulled.

Hence why I don't wanna spend a fortune on it. 

I have never given money to an mmo

Dat elder scrolls tho...

aeifjeiofjwanfkldfnmsliejfe

#6870 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23843 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

I have never given money to an mmo

Dat elder scrolls tho...

aeifjeiofjwanfkldfnmsliejfe

$10 or less is fair for a rental - which is pretty much what a MMO feels like.

While I am curious about ESO - if modding is prohibited, which probably will be VERY likely w/ a MMO - I think it'll miss one of the things that make the ES series what it is...and as special as it is.

The other thing I think that makes ES series what it is - is the fact b/c of its size and the way quests are done feels like a MMO-game; but you're not online and you're in a SP-only game. Putting ES into a MMO atmopshere - that just sounds like it'll make ESO just another MMO, IMHO.