* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#811 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Has anyone bought the newly available DLC pack for Burnout Paradise? I was wondering if it's possible to activate the cars without activating the Time Saver pack.

76561197996799113.png

#812 tmwfte   Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

So, the Omerta base game flipped over to a discount, but it isn't a price match.  Steam has it for $9.99 and the discount on Amazon is to $19.99.

#813 spoderman  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Has anyone bought the newly available DLC pack for Burnout Paradise? I was wondering if it's possible to activate the cars without activating the Time Saver pack.

It's not possible to activate the pack without activating the time saver dlc. Maybe it's possible to disable it though, I haven't really looked into it. I didn't even realize the time saver crap was in it before you mentioned it.. oh well.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#814 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

It's not possible to activate the pack without activating the time save dlc. Maybe it's possible to disable it though, I haven't really looked into it. I didn't even realize the time saver crap was in it before you mentioned it.. oh well.

That's horrible. I really want the toy cars, they were my favorites when I played on console. The main thing I do when playing this game is try to unlock all the cars, so this pack would give me the car I want, while robbing all my motivation to play the game.

76561197996799113.png

#815 spoderman  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

That's horrible. I really want the toy cars, they were my favorites when I played on console. The main thing I do when playing this game is try to unlock all the cars, so this pack would give me the car I want, while robbing all my motivation to play the game.

Yeah, I think it's ridiculous when they include unlock cheats in packs like this. Those should ALWAYS be excluded from packs. Sell them seperately, not together with other DLC.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#816 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

i have it an it one code that say,    get 4 classic packs together to enhance  your burn out experiences  their no option too pick or choose so i decline in till i unlocked what i wanted

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#817 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Tony said this DLC was reintroduced to PC because it was someone at EA's favorite game. I would think a big fan of the game would feel that part of the fun is unlocking all of the cars. They put that in the game for a reason, it's one of the main goals in the game! This was a bad decision by him/EA, but there's nothing I can do about it besides not buy it I guess. :cry:

Thanks for the answers, I looked all over the internet and couldn't find the answer to this question.

76561197996799113.png

#818 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Tony said this DLC was reintroduced to PC because it was someone at EA's favorite game. I would think a big fan of the game would feel that part of the fun is unlocking all of the cars. They put that in the game for a reason, it's one of the main goals in the game! This was a bad decision by him/EA, but there's nothing I can do about it besides not buy it I guess. :cry:

Thanks for the answers, I looked all over the internet and couldn't find the answer to this question.

Well you could buy it, but not activate it and instead activate with the savefile-hack method (thus excluding the timesavers cheats) I believe.  Maybe a little dodgy, but it's playing the game you own the way you want.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#819 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well you could buy it, but not activate it and instead activate with the savefile-hack method (thus excluding the timesavers cheats) I believe.  Maybe a little dodgy, but it's playing the game you own the way you want.

I've tried to use that hack before and didn't get anywhere with it. It didn't work for me. I'll just skip the DLC, You shall not have my $10 on this day, EA.

76561197996799113.png

#820 stupidproz1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

stupidproz1

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

The real lesson we should take from this is that cheats shouldn't be DLC in the first place =(

#821 Lazy_Bum   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

since you guys are talking about ea dlc has anyone tried to buy any of the mass effect or dragon age dlc that's being sold on amazon

dieboltdesigns.wordpress.com

#822 Needles-Kane  

Needles-Kane

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Ohhh Amazon has Worms Revo 4 pack, hopefully can get a PM on that.

#823 Necrotron   Now with strawberry! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

The real lesson we should take from this is that cheats shouldn't be DLC in the first place =(

Yeah, I never use 'time saving' cheats for games or unlocks.  Having a carrot dangling in front of me is part of the fun of playing.

#824 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5326 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Ohhh Amazon has Worms Revo 4 pack, hopefully can get a PM on that.

That's a please price match for:

Worms Revolution 4pk - $11.24

http://store.steampo...com/app/200170/

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009NI0JTM/

:)

Selling Indie Gala bundles.
Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#825 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Unfortunately that type of DLC is here to stay, in trying to find an answer to my Burnout question I saw an interview where Criterion said that the Time Saver was their most popular DLC. I understand that there are people who don't really respect the intended gameplay and just want an easy mode and start with the fastest car, destroying all challenge to the game... but this DLC pack paints every gamer under that group of people and it's not cool. Give us the option to not activate the time saver.

76561197996799113.png

#826 nikvest   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hello Tony,

Can we please get Price Match on Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe Edition?

http://www.amazon.co... deluxe edition

http://store.steampo...com/app/208480/

Thanks in advance.

#827 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Is Rogue Legacy going to get price matched? http://www.amazon.co...ds=rogue legacy

http://store.steampo...1_7_7_151_150_1

Its 11.99 on steam, but still 14.99 on Amazon.

#828 tmwfte   Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Is Rogue Legacy going to get price matched?

Seems like anything that isn't a daily deal -- excluding today's which haven't been matched -- isn't getting price matched on Amazon.  Tony said they were looking into the system, but no guarantees on anything.  He said if a deal is about to expire, just grab it on Steam.

#829 Sisyphus   Snuffleupagus CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

So I think it's cool if we ask for PM's then.  Can I get Torchlight 2 (steam code pretty please?) PM'ed?

http://store.steampo...?snr=1_7_15__13

THANKS MAGICAL AMAZON PERSON!

Considering T2 doesn't seem to be on Amazon at all, I think asking for a PM is probably out of the question.

#830 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8919 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Seems like anything that isn't a daily deal -- excluding today's which haven't been matched -- isn't getting price matched on Amazon.  Tony said they were looking into the system, but no guarantees on anything.  He said if a deal is about to expire, just grab it on Steam.

Not true, Amazon only does not price match the temporary deals like flashes and community choices. They have already pricematched a regular Steam sale, Guns of Icarus Online, which has not been a daily.

The problem is that Amazon only gets anything done when Tony is around... and he hasn't been around much.

bZ2g3eF.png

#831 tmwfte   Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

Not true, Amazon only does not price match the temporary deals like flashes and community choices. They have already pricematched a regular Steam sale, Guns of Icarus Online, which has not been a daily.

The problem is that Amazon only gets anything done when Tony is around... and he hasn't been around much.

The regular title price matches are few and far between.  Take a look at the requests here and match them against what's currently on sale at Amazon.  Very little.  Pulling out one title as indicative of regular Steam Sale price matches on Amazon when there have been countless that haven't been matched, is disingenuous at best.  Especially when the operative word in my initial sentence is "seems".

#832 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10004 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Simply put they need more employees to handle things -- something that's out of Tony's hands, I'm sure.

#833 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8919 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

The regular title price matches are few and far between.  Take a look at the requests here and match them against what's currently on sale at Amazon.  Very little.  Pulling out one title as indicative of regular Steam Sale price matches on Amazon when there have been countless that haven't been matched, is disingenuous at best.  Especially when the operative word in my initial sentence is "seems".

I was just saying that Amazon does pricematch normal sales on Steam no problem. It's just that they've been really slow and inattentive this Summer Sale...

bZ2g3eF.png

#834 stupidproz1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

stupidproz1

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

I say we start a petition to clone at least 2 additional Amazon Tony's. Then they can work at maximum efficiency and always be around to fulfill our price match requests. And to hear us bitch. And to throw together awesome bundles for us (occasionally.) And to send Idiotekque awesome Secret World swag. (That's not a strain of weed.)

#835 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23464 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

I say we start a petition to clone at least 2 additional Amazon Tony's. Then they can work at maximum efficiency and always be around to fulfill our price match requests. And to hear us bitch. And to throw together awesome bundles for us (occasionally.) And to send Idiotekque awesome Secret World swag. (That's not a strain of weed.)

+1 for these great ideas.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#836 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

make it a kickstater project ill back it

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#837 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

My guess is someone let the hamsters out...

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#838 V878   Let's hug it out CAGiversary!   1007 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

I know we shouldn't expect a PM on a flash deal, but Mortal Kombat just went up for $20.09.

http://store.steampo...com/app/237110/

http://www.amazon.co...s=mortal kombat

Come on Amazon, pretty please?

#839 27526343157187946075   Banned Banned   461 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

-----

#840 DaiMonPaul   On the Fringe CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

Tony, can we get a price match on Afterfall Insanity: Extended Edition?

http://store.steampo...com/app/224420/

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00D2D8PR2/