* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#21481 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Well I can when I am located in the USA. Doesn't say you have to be born there or even live there.

Oh I'm sure they would help me out...  :bouncy: 

boohoo.jpg

#21482 xJayMorex  

xJayMorex

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Ironically, it only ships within the US.  :rofl:

#21483 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5195 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

Bioshock Infinite still says $13.20 for me, was the price change reversed? I'm just going off the Skydrive list for reference.   

$9.99 was price match which ended

#21484 targetbsp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

targetbsp

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Well how else was I supposed to buy games from Amazon.com? :(

The point is: you're NOT supposed to.  So when a game actually enforces the T&C's you can't really complain about it.  It's not exactly a secret that Inversion is region restricted (avoid most Deep Silver games too).  It was still an epic price just for Enslaved.

#21485 Endrju   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

Was?

#21486 targetbsp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

targetbsp

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

Was?

He's already bought it.  Past tense to him.

#21487 spoderman  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

If only Tony/Namco had included Star Trek instead of Inversion, this region locking discussion could have been avoided!

GUtUP1U.jpg

#21488 Endrju   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Stupid me.

#21489 xJayMorex  

xJayMorex

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

boohoo.jpg

Well you guys sure have a lack of empathy. And that's pretty surprising on a forum that is based on the idea of paying the very least that is necessary for gaming joy. I mean, it's easy for you to say "deal with it, a$$hole" when even the base prices are dirt cheap compared to pretty much everywhere else - not fair, especially considering people in the US make four times more money. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be mourned upon for getting payed an hour (it's actually pretty good, minimum wage is ), but I don't really see why I should pay more for something OR not get what I payed my hard-earned bucks for...

Edit: As a Financial Panther, you should really understand what I'm talking about.

#21490 gigaislam   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

gigaislam

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Well you guys sure have a lack of empathy. And that's pretty surprising on a forum that is based on the idea of paying the very least that is necessary for gaming joy. I mean, it's easy for you to say "deal with it, a$$hole" when even the base prices are dirt cheap compared to pretty much everywhere else - not fair, especially considering people in the US make four times more money. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be mourned upon for getting payed $3.75 an hour (it's actually pretty good, minimum wage is $1.66), but I don't really see why I should pay more for something OR not get what I payed my hard-earned bucks for...

I don't get your point ..I am not from the states and I always buy from Amazon with no problems at all

#21491 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

Well you guys sure have a lack of empathy. And that's pretty surprising on a forum that is based on the idea of paying the very least that is necessary for gaming joy. I mean, it's easy for you to say "deal with it, a$$hole" when even the base prices are dirt cheap compared to pretty much everywhere else - not fair, especially considering people in the US make four times more money. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be mourned upon for getting payed $3.75 an hour (it's actually pretty good, minimum wage is $1.66), but I don't really see why I should pay more for something OR not get what I payed my hard-earned bucks for...

You expect EMPATHY on the Internet!?

1st, Region-locked games are NOT new and you knew the risks when buying from Amazon when you are not in the US. YOU ARE AT FAULT HERE.

2nd, NO ONE cares about your relatively minor problems. What do you expect us to do for you? Go to someone who is paid to listen to your problems like Amazon Support.

3rd, AGAIN YOU ARE AT FAULT! Read Amazon TOS.

You don't really see why you should pay more? Because you are not in the US and you we weren't suppose to purchase it anyway. It not a complicated concept. It like I can't buy cheaper games on a Russian Steam store because I DON"T LIVE IN RUSSIA!

Complain to the publisher, complain to Amazon, but this is ultimately an internet forum and no one care to listen to your petty problems when we all have our own lives to live.

Life_is_not_fair_mug.jpg

#21492 targetbsp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

targetbsp

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

I don't get your point ..I am not from the states and I always buy from Amazon with no problems at all

try to read more than the last post before joining a conversation.  Then you would get the point. :p

#21493 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23464 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

Bundle has flipped and coupons should be working, go nuts!

Cheers,

Tony

Consider it done!

Bought Enslaved + Inversion bundle.

Went nuts, too.

asorted-nuts.jpg

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#21494 Phaethon360   I dream in 1080p CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Phaethon360

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

$9.99 was price match which ended

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

#21495 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23464 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Amazon DVG - My EC Sale Haul in Jan 2014:

EC Coupons left-over still = 5

Purchased For Myself:

01. GTA Trilogy (Steam)

02. Ace Patrol Bundle (Steam)

03. Dead Space 3: Awakened DLC (Origin)

04. NFS: Rivals (Origin)

05. Burnout Paradise: Bonus Vehicle DLC Pack (Origin)

06. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (Steam)

07. Enslaved + Inversion bundle (Steam)

Purchased - might split up?:

08. Thief in the Shadows Pack (Steam)

Overall thoughts on the sale - GOOD:

For me, this sale was a bust, for most of the month....

...But, it really turned itself around once GTA Trilogy went on sale and it kinda just domino'ed from them, these last 2 weeks or so, w/ a handful of good deals for me.

Probably should've jumped on Marlow Briggs + NFS MW 2012 ALL DLC Bundle - but, no big deal.

Overall, it turned out good overall, in the end - thanks to the last 2 weeks or so.

:D

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#21496 targetbsp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

targetbsp

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

Well you guys sure have a lack of empathy. And that's pretty surprising on a forum that is based on the idea of paying the very least that is necessary for gaming joy. I mean, it's easy for you to say "deal with it, a$$hole" when even the base prices are dirt cheap compared to pretty much everywhere else - not fair, especially considering people in the US make four times more money. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be mourned upon for getting payed an hour (it's actually pretty good, minimum wage is ), but I don't really see why I should pay more for something OR not get what I payed my hard-earned bucks for...

Edit: As a Financial Panther, you should really understand what I'm talking about.

I'm from the UK.  I also have a non working Inversion.  The difference is I understand that I'm buying a product not intended for sale to me.  As a non-American, you've bought an American game from an American site than only sells American games to Americans.  If you find away around that then great, but don't bug the Americans when you fail to do your research on what you're buying.  They don't have any ROW keys.  They don't need them because they're in America.  So they can't fix it for you.

I swear there are people out there that would walk into their local police station to report their crack dealer ripping them off. :D

#21497 puffy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

seriously its a well known fact that inversion key is region locked

https://encrypted.go...n amazon region

so stop embarassing yourself and stop it

#21498 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4042 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

seriously its a well known fact that inversion key is region locked
https://encrypted.go...n amazon region

so stop embarassing yourself and stop it

Shush! Just bought the popcorn!

#21499 Evrain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Okay, let's assume for a moment that a friend of my friend's friend wasto buy the Enslaved bundle. He has got an Inverson key. Let's *cough* pretend he was going to activate it, which VPN would he hypothetically use in order to avoid getting banned?

Just pretending *cough*

#21500 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4042 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Okay, let's assume for a moment that a friend of my friend's friend wasto buy the Enslaved bundle. He has got an Inverson key. Let's *cough* pretend he was going to activate it, which VPN would he hypothetically use in order to avoid getting banned?

Just pretending *cough*

All VPNs soft do the same thing, it doesn't matters which one he uses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#21501 Thermopyle  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

I swear there are people out there that would walk into their local police station to report their crack dealer ripping them off. :D

Hmm...

http://rt.com/news/h...into-sex-slave/

Thermopyle2.png

#21502 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5326 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

If only Tony/Namco had included Star Trek instead of Inversion, this region locking discussion could have been avoided!

Yep. Should have just bundled Star Trek instead. ;)

Selling Indie Gala bundles.
Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#21503 Evrain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Hmm...

http://rt.com/news/h...into-sex-slave/

It actually happened here in Italy as a drug dealer was reported to the police... By the customer. As he had sold him 0.2 grams less
Both are in jail of course

#21504 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5195 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Okay, let's assume for a moment that a friend of my friend's friend wasto buy the Enslaved bundle. He has got an Inverson key. Let's *cough* pretend he was going to activate it, which VPN would he hypothetically use in order to avoid getting banned?

Just pretending *cough*

Afaik Steam doesn't even ban anymore, but gives timed suspensions (can't buy or use community).

From what I have read collectors do VPN activations all the time and no problems. (Getting versions from all regions just for +1 on library or something like that).

#21505 Stonekeep   ThePizzaDude CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

wrong thread

#21506 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5195 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

There is a Zero-Tolerance policy for any violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct.  All accounts in a user's possession for any of the following activities will be suspended:

• Piracy or Hacking

This includes using an unauthorized ("hacked") Steam client to access Steam, attempting to register fake CD Keys or attempting to register a CD Key which has been published on the internet.

Remember kids cags, Don't do that. ;)

#21507 kprime184   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Hi, is the enslaved/inversion bundle link in the editor's choice page not working for anyone else?

Thanks.

#21508 gigaislam   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

gigaislam

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

try to read more than the last post before joining a conversation.  Then you would get the point. :p

O:) and why would I waste my time reading when someone like you can summarize it 

and  =; again I wasn't talking to you so stop embarrassing yourself 

#21509 Thermopyle  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Hi, is the enslaved/inversion bundle link in the editor's choice page not working for anyone else?

Thanks.

I bought it an hour ago with no problems.

Thermopyle2.png

#21510 SilentJ13  

SilentJ13

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Thanks.

Try changing browsers.  I bought a bundle at the sale price.  Went back to buy another and it was showing the regular price.  Refreshed a few times and it wouldn't change.  Tried a different browser and it showed the sale price.