* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#21901 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

Okay, gamers - question time.

1. What's missing from that SD "Some" DLC bundle?

2. And what DLC's all the ones that I really want from SD actually ARE in this "Some" DLC Bundle?

3. And what DLC's all the ones that I really want from SD actually ARE NOT AT ALL in this "Some" DLC Bundle?

Buy base game with EC code. Wait til next 80% off SD sale on Steam, buy the 3 or 4 DLC that are worth it for just a few bucks more.

#21902 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10190 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

^That.  Most of the DLC is junk.

#21903 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23730 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

should i use it just give awya mirror edge shit and take my time trial for myself in case mysterd?

I don't have Mirror's Edge: Time Trials DLC, either. :(

So, I really don't know if it's any good, short, or what.

{Shoulder shrug}

#21904 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23730 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

Buy base game with EC code. Wait til next 80% off SD sale on Steam, buy the 3 or 4 DLC that are worth it for just a few bucks more.

I already own SD base-game.

I am looking for the DLC's, namely.

#21905 CarnivalMadness   silent but deadly CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

CarnivalMadness

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

I already own SD base-game.

I am looking for the DLC's, namely.

You will probably want to get Year of the Snake, Zodiac Tournament, and Nightmare in North Point.  The rest are vehicles / costumes / experience boosts.

#21906 DarkZero104   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

DarkZero104

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

2. And what DLC's all the ones that I really want from SD actually ARE in this "Some" DLC Bundle?

3. And what DLC's all the ones that I really want from SD actually ARE NOT AT ALL in this "Some" DLC Bundle?

the answer to the first is the only one i can provide. using this list:

http://store.steampo....com/sub/26227/

and comparing it to this one:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00CPBZDTA/

Amazon's missing:
Year of the Snake (story DLC)
Deep Undercover Pack
Drunken Fist Pack
Gangland Style Pack
Ghost Pig
GSP Pack
Law Enforcer Pack
Martial Arts Pack
Monkey King Pack
Movie Masters Pack
Police Protection Pack
Retro Triad Pack
Square Enix Character Pack
Wheels of Fury
Zodiac Tournament 

#21907 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23730 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

You will probably want to get Year of the Snake, Zodiac Tournament, and Nightmare in North Point.  The rest are vehicles / costumes / experience boosts.

Great to know! Thanks! :D

EDIT:

the answer to the first is the only one i can provide. using this list:

http://store.steampo....com/sub/26227/

and comparing it to this one:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00CPBZDTA/

Amazon's missing:
Spoiler

Excellent! Thanks!

#21908 BoGG   PC Master Race Minion CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Sleeping Dogs DLCs that you want..

- Nightmare in North Point

- Zodiac Tournament

- Year of the Snake

- Wheels of Fury

Those are the DLCs adding some playtime and not just cosmetic aspects to the game. The Wheels of Fury being a crazy vehicle should be activated later in your playtime not to make it too easy at the start by having the big monster wheels to start the game.

#21909 pacino408   LS CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Picked up the Inversion + Enslaved Pack, thanks Tony. 

#21910 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5094 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

I have SIX Amazon DVG EC Credits leftover.

So, if anyone wants something -  make some interesting and appealing offers to me.

does lapdance count?

#21911 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

I saw someone mention LoK Blood Omen 2 supports the Xbox 360 controller natively, do any of the other LoK games support controllers? And I think k he mentioned the Thief games, can those be played with controllers?

#21912 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23730 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

does lapdance count?

That depends on who's doing that. ;)

#21913 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Another Guild Wars question.

Would Guild Wars 1 be worth checking out at this point? Is it something you can solo?

Also, despite warnings that I won't see much end content in Guild Wars 2 without a group to play with, is the game pretty solo-able?

You can solo almost all of the content in GW1. There are a few missions which are much, much easier with other players, and there is some end game content that pretty much requires a full team of human players. The gameworld is fully instanced except for player gathering areas like outposts and cities. There are henchmen/heroes to round out your party to allow you to solo. (solo meaning only one human player, not one party member)

GW2 is more WoW-ish in that most of the game is not instanced. Only your characters personal story-line, dungeons, and certain events are instanced. You can solo most of the open world stuff and all of the story-line stuff except the end.

And despite the other posting claiming there is no power creep, there most certainly is. You can read all about it on guild wars guru or the official boards. It is pretty much the biggest turn-off (besides massive grinding) for GW1 players. Again, GW1 horizontal creep, GW2 vertical creep. WoW is an example of vertical creep.

#21914 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5094 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:19 AM

What if I said you can have my first born? Would you help me out and take him off my hands? How long would you like to keep him?

until I can no longer be qualified for welfare & medicare on his behalf (about 18-21 years) .. hahah

#21915 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4592 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

Holy cow, now Sleeping Dogs for $3 after EC coupon?

This EC sale has been fantastic. I definitely hope it continues next year.

P.S. If there are any kind souls out there that have a bunch of coupons left and could grab me Sleeping Dogs I would be eternally grateful. As I am already grateful to the amazing people that have helped me out lately =D

#21916 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5094 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

Holy cow, now Sleeping Dogs for $3 after EC coupon?

This EC sale has been fantastic. I definitely hope it continues next year.

P.S. If there are any kind souls out there that have a bunch of coupons left and could grab me Sleeping Dogs I would be eternally grateful. As I am already grateful to the amazing people that have helped me out lately =D

if I was you, i would wait for a complete edition which bound to happen next holiday sale.  hunting down missing dlc can be a bitch

#21917 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8362 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

That depends on who's doing that. ;)

since that's sarcastic, i'll assume it really doesn't matter, and you'll accept a lapdance from anybody

Edit: Example -

Spoiler

#21918 spoderman  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

if I was you, i would wait for a complete edition which bound to happen next holiday sale.  hunting down missing dlc can be a bitch

But none of the DLC is really necessary to buy for Sleeping Dogs. Even the story DLC isn't that good, it's just filler stuff that can be skipped.

#21919 Gep88   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

until I can no longer be qualified for welfare & medicare on his behalf (about 18-21 years) .. hahah

I'm glad you would qualify, because I barely get a tax break.

#21920 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23730 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:30 AM

Holy crap, this thread moved fast since last night. Don't you guys ever sleep?

NO SLEEP TIL PRICEFLIP!!!

#21921 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Inversion

Spoiler

#21922 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

I don't have Mirror's Edge: Time Trials DLC, either. :(

So, I really don't know if it's any good, short, or what.

{Shoulder shrug}

i meant as in buy now for that or wait for tony magic that lost some lluster ?

#21923 Trusty Mutsi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Trusty Mutsi

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

You can solo almost all of the content in GW1. There are a few missions which are much, much easier with other players, and there is some end game content that pretty much requires a full team of human players. The gameworld is fully instanced except for player gathering areas like outposts and cities. There are henchmen/heroes to round out your party to allow you to solo. (solo meaning only one human player, not one party member)

GW2 is more WoW-ish in that most of the game is not instanced. Only your characters personal story-line, dungeons, and certain events are instanced. You can solo most of the open world stuff and all of the story-line stuff except the end.

And despite the other posting claiming there is no power creep, there most certainly is. You can read all about it on guild wars guru or the official boards. It is pretty much the biggest turn-off (besides massive grinding) for GW1 players. Again, GW1 horizontal creep, GW2 vertical creep. WoW is an example of vertical creep.

What does "power creep" mean?

#21924 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4592 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Hmm, you could be right. I probably have enough backlog for 2 or 3 years as it is.

#21925 Rusty Dakota   Lead singer. Driver of the Winnebago. CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Rusty Dakota

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

You really don't need the DLC.   You really don't.

If, after you have done everything in the base game and you really really want more...

By then there will be another 90% off sale and you can pick up the 2 or 3 DLCs that look interesting, based on your knowledge of the game.

Even the "must have" story DLCs are not as good as the base game.  You will get many times the $3 worth of fun from the base game.  You can throw another buck or two at DLCs later if you really need to.

Don't miss out the base game just because the DLC isn't complete enough.  You don't need it.

- Me and the ninjas all agree - 

#21926 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23730 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

I'm not posting my haul list, but would like to post my thanks list.

My thanks go out to:

• Tony
  • Mystery EA lurker guy
  • Namco Bandai and Lahdpal
  • Rockstar Games
  • 505 Games
  • Fellow CAGs that keep this thread fun and entertaining

And my no-thanks go out to:

• All the other pubs that either didn't show up for the party or barely made their presence known
  • All the other CAGs (you know who you are)

And 200px-2_Gold_Stars.svg.png go out to asheskitty and Sepioth for being more organized and generous than I could ever hope to be.

Not sure if I'm a "fellow CAG that keeps it entertaining" on the thanks list or if I'm getting no thanks for being on the "all the other CAGs" list.

{ponders}

Do Ashes and Seph each get a star? Or both get two stars?

Or what?

#21927 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23730 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

You really don't need the DLC.   You really don't.

If, after you have done everything in the base game and you really really want more...

By then there will be another 90% off sale and you can pick up the 2 or 3 DLCs that look interesting, based on your knowledge of the game.

Even the "must have" story DLCs are not as good as the base game.  You will get many times the $3 worth of fun from the base game.  You can throw another buck or two at DLCs later if you really need to.

Don't miss out the base game just because the DLC isn't complete enough.  You don't need it.

- Me and the ninjas all agree - 

I already own the base-game and played through it, quite some time ago - and it's awesome!

That's why I was asking about the DLC's.

Where's a 90% off glitch sale on SD and its DLC content like the one Steam had once that I miss'd out on, when I want/need it?? ;)

EDIT:

i meant as in buy now for that or wait for tony magic that lost some lluster ?

Buy the Have Faith Bundle and give me the Time Trials DLC code.

And you take NOTHING! :P

#21928 sp00lV   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

I offered to help someone get mp3 + la noire for $3, but they didn't respond, so I offered the coupons to someone else. Then later on he/she did respond and now I am out of coupons and feel a bit bad about it. Can someone help out?

I'll give fear 1,2 or 3 to someone that helps him out.

Edit: Gep88 offered to help out, so did themadgamer and AionTelos. So it should be sorted now, thanks guys.

#21929 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

To echo what the other said the DLC is crap. There's only a few story DLC and they are short and not great and easy enough to get on a later sale if you must have them. The rest are useless cosmetic crap or even worse cheats that make the game too easy.

I bought all the DLC when it went on price mistake on Steam and regretted it. I ended up figuring out how to disable the cheat DLCs and I'm not the only one who went mucking with the files to do that either.

#21930 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2062 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

I've got like 4 coupons left but nothing else that I want if someone needs something

just looked back in my history and turns out I have like 8 coupons. I think that happened when steam went down and I went a bit crazy buying cheap games on amazon.

Edited by Asmith906, 01 February 2014 - 12:50 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: knack, 250GB Xbox 360, amazon, pc, 250gb xbox 360