* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#22921 LN3000   Companion Cube CAGiversary!   813 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
PC

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

Tony? Who is that? 

#22922 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   12811 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

Tony? Who is that? 

You.

#22923 Cheaplikeafox OS X   Better Than You CAGiversary!   13755 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

Tony found happiness.  Quit hating on him because your lives are so miserable.  

#22924 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16541 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

Happiness doesn't last long.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#22925 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8660 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

Happiness doesn't last long.

photo-thumb-8346.jpg?_r=1389569944

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#22926 billysheen   I Miss Amazon Sales :( CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

billysheen

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

So I guess Tony only likes us during sales :)

There has yet to be a price match on Castlevania yet during the Winter sale and EC sale games where PM'd within hours.

Yeah whats happened to price matching steam, would of got Castlevania.

#22927 Mippo   One and Only CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

Happiness in a bottle lasts until morning.

#22928 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#22929 Sepioth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   800 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

True but for at least 8 hours a day Mon-Fri he leaves that happiness to go to work. He just needs to set aside a block of that work time for us CAGers.

#22930 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

Negative.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#22931 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3204 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

Pfft, my newest console, my PS2, has 36 MB... I know, I know, your Pebble watch has more.

My last console was a SNES

76561198025176705.png

#22932 provdog2611  

provdog2611

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

So I guess Tony only likes us during sales :)

There has yet to be a price match on Castlevania yet during the Winter sale and EC sale games where PM'd within hours.

0DXwKhg.jpg

#22933 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8660 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

Speaking of Path of Exile, I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet.

Does it feel like a classic, powerhouse open-world ARPG like Titan Quest, Divine Divinity, etc? Or does it feel like an MMO more than anything?

Definitely craving to play the former. I was just going to reinstall one of the games I mentioned, but if Path of Exile is similar... I may give it a shot. Any help?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#22934 LN3000   Companion Cube CAGiversary!   813 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
PC

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:39 AM

You.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Cheers,

Tony

#22935 Mac the Geek   Member Title CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Mac the Geek

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

Does it feel like a classic, powerhouse open-world ARPG like Titan Quest, Divine Divinity, etc? Or does it feel like an MMO more than anything?

Definitely craving to play the former. I was just going to reinstall one of the games I mentioned, but if Path of Exile is similar... I may give it a shot. Any help?

It's an ARPG with multiplayer quest hubs that make it easier to group up to tackle dungeons, farm for gear, etc.  If you choose not to group, then all of the dungeons and overworld areas appear to you as solo instances; you can solo your way through the entire game if you choose.  

It feels much more like Diablo II or Titan Quest than standard MMOs.  

#22936 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8660 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

It's an ARPG with multiplayer quest hubs that make it easier to group up to tackle dungeons, farm for gear, etc.  If you choose not to group, then all of the dungeons and overworld areas appear to you as solo instances; you can solo your way through the entire game if you choose.  

It feels much more like Diablo II or Titan Quest than standard MMOs.  

Alright, so not your typical "go here fetch x, kill x" MMO. Maybe I'll give it a try, thanks.

bZ2g3eF.png

#22937 Drabelincoln   Town Drunk CAGiversary!   5558 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Just Grandma and Me
PC

Drabelincoln

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:09 AM

Alright, so not your typical "go here fetch x, kill x" MMO. Maybe I'll give it a try, thanks.

No social interaction required! But like with most games like this it's better with people even if they are strangers

Stranger danger!

#22938 motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11042 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

No social interaction required! But like with most games like this it's better with people even if they are strangers

Stranger danger!

Man don't group with Idio. He'll just sneak invisible and run away from you and type LOLOL in chat while you get your ass handed to you.

True story. ;)

2969.png

#22939 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8660 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

Stranger danger!

Well, you know me. There's some perverse, masochistic pleasure of mine that insists I do everything solo the first time, regardless of the difficulty.

Man don't group with Idio. He'll just sneak invisible and run away from you and type LOLOL in chat while you get your ass handed to you.

True story.  ;)

True story indeed. The whole ass getting handed to you thing was all on you two, though.

bZ2g3eF.png

#22940 Mac the Geek   Member Title CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Mac the Geek

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

No, it's much more your typical "go here, fetch X, kill Y, hope for awesome loot Z" ARPG.

#22941 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   3938 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

So most cags are missing out? ;)

This isn't full price gamer!

that's on the other side of the tracks.

If was allowed? More like if he was rich.. which he's not.

he's santa claus, can't he just make his elves generate more steam keys?

Indie trash

0VCTT-EXTP6-XC430

thanks for thief

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#22942 HisDivineOrder   Embrace the Dealness CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

HisDivineOrder

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:55 AM

Indie trash

0VCTT-EXTP6-XC430

Thanks for the lifetime subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition.  You truly are a scholar and a gentleman.

#22943 Cyset   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   240 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

Path of exile really has that old school feel. I don't think anything else comes close. A few negatives: The passive skill tree can be intimidating, and learning which gems are good and which aren't can be a pita. Especially since they don't drop often and main source is quest rewards. Also the no currency currency system can be confusing.

I run solo because I don't have any friends who play, and refuse to group with pugs. I have beaten the game solo np. You won't even see anyone else in your game if you run solo except for city hubs.

There are not many quests nor are they good for exp. They are either required or for reward. its not like an MMORPG you'll lvl off them. crawling/progressing through the game will level you.

if you have other questions free to ask. I've spent a ton of time in path of exile.

Feel free to friend me

Steam/Origin/PSN: Kanmekaz 

Beat 2014 List: Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Defender's Quest, Dark Souls II, Mass Effect, Dragon Age 2. (fInally), Shadow Run Returns, Arkham Asylum, Half Minute Hero.

#22944 provdog2611  

provdog2611

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

Path of exile really has that old school feel. I don't think anything else comes close. A few negatives: The passive skill tree can be intimidating, and learning which gems are good and which aren't can be a pita. Especially since they don't drop often and main source is quest rewards. Also the no currency currency system can be confusing.

I run solo because I don't have any friends who play, and refuse to group with pugs. I have beaten the game solo np. You won't even see anyone else in your game if you run solo except for city hubs.

There are not many quests nor are they good for exp. They are either required or for reward. its not like an MMORPG you'll lvl off them. crawling/progressing through the game will level you.

if you have other questions free to ask. I've spent a ton of time in path of exile.

Diablo 3 kept me going story-wise while Torchlight 2 didn't hold me at all.  Does Exile have a solo story worth playing through or are you primarily playing for gameplay?

#22945 AmateurGamesGuy  

AmateurGamesGuy

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

Still got Path of Exile deals only? :(

BTW, you might not want this, but here goes

R2CDV-MR5KF-1100100001000101110

For the last bit, just do a binary to hex conversion.

#22946 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:58 AM

I played it back in beta... feels like a proper spiritual seccesor to D2.

Diablo 3 kept me going story-wise while Torchlight 2 didn't hold me at all.  Does Exile have a solo story worth playing through or are you primarily playing for gameplay?

Kill, loot, repeat.  What's your damage, (Heather)?

Still got Path of Exile deals only? :(

BTW, you might not want this, but here goes

R2CDV-MR5KF-1100100001000101110

For the last bit, just do a binary to hex conversion.

Thanks for TESO (regular)!

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#22947 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   6419 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

i didnt realize these types of games even had stories

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#22948 motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11042 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

The first couple of Diablos had some bare bones half arsed story but they actually did put some real effort into the third one I felt like with lots of voice acting narrated journals along the way that tell the story.

I imagine most of the crowd who plays it won't pay attention to it, but it's there if you do. I mean it won't win any awards or anything but it was more than an afterthought this time around.

2969.png

#22949 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8660 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:37 AM

It all depends on the game. Ones like Torchlight and (like Motoki said) the old Diablos have a flimsy story that's there just to tie things together, more or less. I recall Divine Divinity and Titan Quest having better stories.

bZ2g3eF.png

#22950 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2810 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

It all depends on the game. Ones like Torchlight and (like Motoki said) the old Diablos have a flimsy story that's there just to tie things together, more or less. I recall Divine Divinity and Titan Quest having better stories.

I liked Diablo 2's story.  There was something about thieves.  And, er, a desert.  And a jungle.  And some other things, too.