* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#25051 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

Hey guys!

Wanted to drop you a note and let you know that Josh just texted me. He's unable to post right now due to his account being new and unapproved. I just sent Cheapy an email about it though so hopefully he's able to post soon.

He's super excited to jump in and start posting. I should have mentioned this earlier, Josh an I are super good friends in addition to being co-workers, I'm confident you'll find him as engaging (or not) as you found me.

Talk to you all soon :).

Cheers,

Tony

#25052 josgba2002   More cheap than anybody CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:39 AM

Hey guys!

Wanted to drop you a note and let you know that Josh just texted me. He's unable to post right now due to his account being new and unapproved. I just sent Cheapy an email about it though so hopefully he's able to post soon.

He's super excited to jump in and start posting. I should have mentioned this earlier, Josh an I are super good friends in addition to being co-workers, I'm confident you'll find him as engaging (or not) as you found me.

Talk to you all soon :).

Cheers,

Tony

Good, good... Let him join in the Dark Side...

#25053 keisukehonda   Keisuke CAG Veteran   57 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keisukehonda

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:42 AM

This is exactly what I think about while listening to music.

Typically I could care less but in her case so much of her music is personal and based on experience. Plus, you were the one that mentioned the drugs.

#25054 abhinav   "Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!" CAGiversary!   3907 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:47 AM

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Tony

Congrats Tony

#25055 indef  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

Congrats on the promotion, and thanks for all your hard work here, Tony.  Don't stop making the deals until you run the whole damn place.

Then come back and give us 75% off Skyrim DLC.

#25056 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11174 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:19 AM

OMG @ Waffle dissertations.

Good luck in your new job Tony and welcome Josh

#25057 MinDRioT   slipping through the cracks of a stolen jewel CAGiversary!   4945 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

Tony = T-Money

So Josh = J-Dosh!

Though you probably have to be English or know some English slang to know what "dosh" is. =/

#25058 pROvIs   Clash With Reality CAGiversary!   2910 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:25 AM

Lol @ T-Money. I'm surprised that stuck.

Best of luck Tony.

#25059 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

You're going to give him the wrong idea... it's important to set expectations correctly...

J-Penny

#25060 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8834 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:32 AM

You're going to give him the wrong idea... it's important to set expectations correctly...

J-Penny

tumblr_mg7ryhTJxL1rsm741o1_500.gif

#25061 MinDRioT   slipping through the cracks of a stolen jewel CAGiversary!   4945 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:40 AM

J-Penny

JayZ-Pennys?

#25062 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4638 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

Thanks for everything Tony, and good luck!

Josh...I don't know what you did that pissed your boss off, but may god have mercy on your soul.

damn, I hope he likes burgers

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Tony

sad-burger.jpg

BloodTear.jpg

Congrats, Tony! Happy for you and sorry to see you go at the same time.  Like others have said, we'll be glad to hear from you whenever you stop by the thread in the future.

Question: does this mean you can accept gifts from us now?

this, add me on Steam Tony, since you're no longer in charge of DVG, I should be able to gift you any game I please. (especially Bad Rats)

J-Penny

damn I hope his middle name starts with a C now.  lmao

Countess Burgula responds

"Let's hope his last name isn't Trayshun" 

#25063 Motiv  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time...

<clipped>

...Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Tony

Congratulations Tony!

Thanks for all those countless sales you've pushed through over the past few years. Also, thanks for helping to build a great community here on CAG. It's one of the reasons I started to contribute rather than meander through the threads. I hope to see you around on occasion.

Welcome Josh! If you and Tony are as good of friends as Tony says you are, then I'm confident my backlog will continue to expand nicely. If I could offer a small ounce of advice, just don't oversell us on a deal and then show up with a half eaten bagel. CAGs tend to hope for home runs far too often (guilty as charged, but I've adjusted to the jargon) and I'm sure you'll come to understand that eventually (if you didn't already know). In all seriousness though, welcome, we're glad to have you aboard J-Waffles.

#25064 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5803 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:07 AM

I thought When The Pawn........ was her best album, but none of them were that challenging to get into, except for the Idler Wheel......

Yeah, I think that may be my favorite as well. By challenging, I mainly mean that some of the songs don't follow the mainstream pop sensibilities - especially a lot of the tracks on the bootleg release of Extraordinary Machine. Of course, musical accessibility is highly subjective and all. 

#25065 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

Looks like I've made a new friend:

czyPONv.png

#25066 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

He looks familiar...

#25067 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8922 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

Tony = T-Money

So Josh = J-Dosh!

Though you probably have to be English or know some English slang to know what "dosh" is. =/

I approve of this.

And c'mon, just about everyone has played Killing Floor at some point. We know what dosh means.

#25068 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

czyPONv.png

Is he nice? Does he have a trampoline?

#25069 XSisko   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for the great work and congratulations, Tony!

And welcome Josh!

#25070 imentec   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

Congrats Tony!  :D

Welcome Josh   ;)

#25071 ruuin   Vayaansias CAGiversary!   174 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

czyPONv.png

No Avatar --> No Money

:D/

#25072 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

<avatarless void>

Fake CAG!

#25073 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

51eo0LMOXYL._SY300_.jpg

#25074 DemonKysho   If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working. CAGiversary!   448 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DemonKysho

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

I don't even know you josh, but i already don't like you. Cult of Tony forever....

No, but seriously congrats Tony and new guy who has no idea the hammer that's about to be dropped on him.

#25075 Mugatu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

Congratulations, Tony!

#25076 Bruticis   Banned Banned   1558 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

czyPONv.png

That's my alt, I'm holding it hostage until I get a payout from Amazon. Domain squatting is so yesterday, it's all about forum user name squatting now.

#25077 SCMoney360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

So how long before Josh posts a new deal and everyone revolts saying "Tony would have had a better deal!"

#25078 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8834 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

So how long before Josh posts a new deal and everyone revolts saying "Tony would have had a better deal!"

depends how long it takes josh to post his first deal

#25079 finix616  

finix616

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

Well, there's no better time than now to come out of stealth.

Hi, I'm finix616 and I'm a CAG.

Now that the formalities are out of the way...

Congratulations on the promotion, Tony!

From what I've seen in my time as a lurker and since I signed up here

you did a tremendious job here and I'm saddened to see you leave.

All the best in your new position.

Hey Josh, watch yourself.

Some of these guys are hyenas...or toasters...

Hope your first sales event is gonna survive the scrutiny of this community.

I wish you best of luck and most of all...

Have Fun!!!

ps. I can't be the only one who likes J-Waffels, right?

#25080 The Singularious   CAGny & Lacy! Oooh. CAG Veteran   425 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

The Singularious

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

I approve of this.

And c'mon, just about everyone has played Killing Floor at some point. We know what dosh means.

What's "Killing Floor"?

Is he nice? Does he have a trampoline?

Trampolines are SOOOOOO dangerous. Maybe he's a living on the edge kinda guy (cue vid/gif response)