* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#25081 The Singularious   CAGny & Lacy! Oooh. CAG Veteran   425 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

The Singularious

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Well, there's no better time than now to come out of stealth.

Hi, I'm finix616 and I'm a CAG.

Now that the formalities are out of the way...

Congratulations on the promotion, Tony!

From what I've seen in my time as a lurker and since I signed up here

you did a tremendious job here and I'm saddened to see you leave.

All the best in your new position.

Hey Josh, watch yourself.

Some of these guys are hyenas...or toasters...

Hope your first sales event is gonna survive the scrutiny of this community.

I wish you best of luck and most of all...

Have Fun!!!

ps. I can't be the only one who like J-Waffels, right?

I also believe waffles should be involved in the nick.

#25082 Sumiharu   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Sumiharu

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Congratulations and thanks for everything, Tony!

#25083 raystorm   Lets go Mets! CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

raystorm

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Congrats and best of luck Tony.    Welcome aboard Josh and may you enjoy your time here at CAG (and give us many wonderful sales!).  :)

#25084 Thermopyle  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Really?  Someone out there is actively hoping for more sites with infinite scrolling?

infinite_scrolling.png

It's great for reddit if you have a number of subs you follow. You can go away for a few hours and have a quite a few pages of new results. It's nice to just scroll down those and open new tabs for the things I want to actually read.

#25085 erequena   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Congratulations on your promotion Tony, I know you'll do great. At the same time I'm really sad we won't be seeing you as often (I'm hoping you'll drop by every now and then to say hi!)

#25086 DarkZero104   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

DarkZero104

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

Just remember Josh: complaining means people wanting to love. Also good luck in May! That'll be something.

And Tony, if you guys can make Amazon Coin not be a rather useless currency that'd be great! Though the name is kind of iffy seeing how the immediate thought of the coin suffix is related to cryptocurrency today.

#25087 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

Is he nice? Does he have a trampoline?

No, but I hear he makes good waffles, which ought to count for something.

#25088 Trusty Mutsi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Trusty Mutsi

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

Congrats Tony!
Thanks for everything you've done here at CAG!

My game library wouldn't be as out of control without you :)

#25089 TsaebehT   far from god CAGiversary!   1699 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Don't worry guys Tony's just gearing up for April Fool's Day. He's just Joshing us, get it? Joshing us ... right, Tony? ... Tony? WaaahahahhhahahhHahahhahahahhahahha don't leave us!!!

#25090 Relysis  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for all your efforts in the community, Tony.  You helped build a fledgeling digital games storefront into one that arguably outshines the steam store.  They could really use you over in the physical games shipping department instead, but I digress...  So long, and thanks for all the deals.

Full disclosure, Josh: We're all self-entitled, confrontational, bitter, cynical jerks.  Know that we will appreciate all of your efforts, despite the times when our posts will inevitably imply otherwise.

#25091 Estbarul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

Just saw on reddit the new Tony announcement, good luck man! have a nice time with your new position, and welcome Josh, don't take anything personal and you'll have a nice time here :)

#25092 Too Damn High   Seasonal FAKECAG CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Too Damn High

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Haha thanks for looking out :). It is a massive promotion.

Cheers,

Tony

Congrats! I have a parting gift. A complaint you can take into your new position. If you have both credit and coins, it always uses credit even if you click "Spend Amazon Coins." Even the email receipt shows you paid with coins, but it uses your credit if you have any.

Best of luck to you, Tony!

eMHkjdc.gif

#25093 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Congrats! I have a parting gift. A complaint you can take into your new position. If you have both credit and coins, it always uses credit even if you click "Spend Amazon Coins." Even the email receipt shows you paid with coins, but it uses your credit if you have any.

eMHkjdc.gif

I noticed this too and I second this complaint.  

#25094 Smoove_B   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Smoove_B

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

So long Tony - thanks for all the fish deals. I wonder if there is some appropriate way Amazon can celebrate the work you've done AND welcome Josh?

#25095 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5170 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

So long Tony - thanks for all the fish deals. I wonder if there is some appropriate way Amazon can celebrate the work you've done AND welcome Josh?

give us a Tony-Josh week long sale ;)

#25096 Cyset   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Well, there's no better time than now to come out of stealth.

Hi, I'm finix616 and I'm a CAG.

Now that the formalities are out of the way...

Congratulations on the promotion, Tony!

From what I've seen in my time as a lurker and since I signed up here

you did a tremendious job here and I'm saddened to see you leave.

All the best in your new position.

Hey Josh, watch yourself.

Some of these guys are hyenas...or toasters...

Hope your first sales event is gonna survive the scrutiny of this community.

I wish you best of luck and most of all...

Have Fun!!!

ps. I can't be the only one who likes J-Waffels, right?

so your the one who grabbed all those copies of bad rats before I could claim them!

#25097 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

I noticed this too and I second this complaint.  

eMHkjdc.gif

Thanks guys! Already forwarded to the new team :).

I just started Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us...ZOMG so awesome.

Cheers,

Tony

#25098 Cyset   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Tony

Its been a pleasure in my on and off time on these forums. I remember when you were first getting started, and my initial reaction of there is no way this is going to take off. Myself and my PC collection couldn't be more happier to have been wrong.

Gamertags are in the sig, if you are interested in one more friend. Community won't be the same without you. One of the best grassroots ever is losing its cultivator. 

I am going to open up something special in my collection of rare brews tonight in celebration of the promotion, and off ya a proper 

"Cheers"

from The windy city.

#25099 Caine   That's my cocaine. CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Congratulations Tony.  I've appreciated what you've done here in this community and have taken advantage of many games (quite a few I haven't finished, played or installed).  Good luck in your new position and I hope you can bring the same spotlight to AC as you did DVG.  

Josh, welcome to CAG.  

#25100 finix616  

finix616

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

so your the one who grabbed all those copies of bad rats before I could claim them!

I'm sorry to dissapoint you but until my first post I haven't lurked any keys or even joined a privat giveaway on steamgifts.

I'm a mensch when it comes to that stuff.

Last but not least. I'm a proud owner of a paid copy of "Bad Rats".

Shockin', I know!

#25101 Thermopyle  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

I just started Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us...ZOMG so awesome.

It does look really cool. The wife is a big fan of Fables and I liked TWD S1. So far I've managed to stop myself from buying TWAU with the intent of playing it all after the season is released. We'll see if I make it. :)

#25102 dys006   Doesn't play games. CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

Spoiler

Just a reminder, my giveaways are good through tomorrow morning or so. :)

#25103 LN3000   Companion Cube CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

Just a reminder, my giveaways are good through tomorrow morning or so. :)

Ooh, good reminder. Half of mine are ending in an hour, and the other half ending in 6 hours. 

(and then a few ending Saturday.)

#25104 r333k0   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time...

Cheers,

Tony

I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry...

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/2277833

I wish you success in your new position Tony!

I hope Josh knows what a tough job he is getting into, this job attracts so much abuse from people.

#25105 AmazonJosh  

AmazonJosh

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

Okay guys, I've got my account activated and up and running. Apologies for the delay in replying, I wanted to jump in last night! Allow me to rapid-fire respond to a bunch of what I've missed.

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks so much, Tony. It's been great to work with you, and I'm excited to continue where you left off. If I do my job right, in a few weeks these people will be thinking, "I wish we had Josh ages ago."

I'm representing both the physical and digital sides of Amazon games, so I'll be bringing you physical deals as well. I'm going to create a new thread so I can manage the title, have something more manageable, etc. Question for all of you folks, would you prefer to have separate threads for digital / physical deals, or should I consolidate into one monstrous "Amazon Deals Extravaganza" thread?

47091395.jpg

SKajFSU.jpg

*I'll probably eventually leave, but hopefully not for a long time*

@Tony AKA T-Money

Damn, T-Money....You're gonna get this Cylon and Toaster all choked-up and stuff. I don't know - can Cylons and Toasters cry? Man, I wish you the best in your future endeavor at Amazon! I'm gonna miss all the posting and crazy deals you and Amazon DVG concocted. We had some great times here! Hope to keep seeing you pop-in + chat here!

@Josh AKA J-Money

So, now - hey Josh! J-Money, welcome to the CAG Party! Hope you're ready to drop some killer and often groundbreaking deals like Tony did! And, oh yeah - we also expect lots of awesome deals, off-topic chatter, code-drops for games. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's going to be a good time, Tony prepped me on everything. You guys like full priced games and corporate PR-approved statements, right?

Amazon rep requirements for posting on CAG:

1) Thick skin

2) Sense of humor (morbid helps)

3) Mascot (pet or otherwise) as tool to distract/deflect/divulge

4) Thick skin

5) Ability repeat oneself

6) Ability to withstand repeated items

7) Thick skin

8) Be one with the meme

9) Fluent in tebonics (no longer a requirement) 

10) Thick skin

1) My skin is like leather.

2) I legitimately have a note in my Notes app on my phone where I keep track of every stupid joke I come up with, many of them really bad puns. Check.

3) Meet Zack.

4) My skin is like leather.

5) See above.

6) See above the above.

7) Ugh, stop listing the same thing over and over.

8) That's pronounced may-may, right?

9) I'm a quick learner.

10) Despite my leathery skin, I have been told I have overly soft hands, which allows for deft keyboard movements, bringing you deals ever so slightly faster.

Grats on the promotion Tony, I'm sure you'll do a great job. Please stop in every now and again and let us know how things are going. And welcome to Josh. You've got big shoes to fill though. :D

Tony's done a great job here, I look forward to living up to your expectations, riding that line for a while, then blowing past them so you like me much better than Tony and I can rub it in his face.

(Post was too long, second post incoming.)

#25106 AmazonJosh  

AmazonJosh

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for everything Tony, and good luck!

Josh...I don't know what you did that pissed your boss off, but may god have mercy on your soul.

I mentioned I liked the old haircut better. It was a mistake.

Congratulations on the promotion Tony, obviously your first bigger paycheck should be used for buying us all a free game.

Congratulations on the promotion Josh, obviously your first bigger paycheck should be used for buying us all a cheaper free game.  ;)

I don't know if either of our paychecks is big enough to buy all of you a game. Channeling Dune here, the deals must flow.

we will miss you Tony !!!

---

[stick of truth mode on]

welcome new kid  :)

Can't wait to play Stick of Truth, it's waiting for me, calling my name.

Congrats, Tony!  A promotion is well deserved!  You've grown nothing into something truly neat.

As for Josh...

6151688011_1819d74afc_z.jpg

I can't help but think of Diablo whenever I see that phrase. The Butcher in original Diablo the always scared me when I opened his door and I heard him say that.

I haven't been this deeply impacted and upset since my favorite pizza delivery boy left for college.

But then you found that your new pizza delivery guy brought you better pizza, plus he was slightly more handsome, right? Right?

(Third post incoming.)

#25107 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11174 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

I unfortunately do not have a Kids in the Hall clip featuring a "Josh" so I'll do the next best thing, post an instructional video how to keep to your new task list even when unforeseen obstacles crop up.

#25108 AmazonJosh  

AmazonJosh

Congrats Tony and the best of luck to you. And Josh dont F this up lol.  ;)

I wouldn't dream of it. Excited to be here!

Agreed. I've been lurking long enough to know Tony is *really* good at his job. Somehow corporate dronism hasn't infected him. Congrats, Tony.

Hello forum user known as The Singularious. I agree with your statement that "Somehow corporate dronism hasn't infected him." I am the forum user replacing Tony, known also as Amazon Employee #39173. You may refer to me as Amazon Employee #39173. You will find that I am also not a corporate drone.

So, where do we send our resumes for Josh's old position? =)

Right here!

Josh: Welcome! Be aware that you'll be hearing "But Tony would have..." for the next few years.  :)

I'm hoping to change that into "Whoa, Tony never would have..."

I prefer to think of myself as capable of having many loves, don't think of it as cheating. Do you have any questions about waffles?

(Fourth post incoming, this limit sure is ...limiting.)

#25109 AmazonJosh  

AmazonJosh

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

OMG @ Waffle dissertations.

How else are you supposed to get a masters in wafflology?

@Josh

I got a question for Josh -

why you on Reddit doing dissertations and not here on CAG? :oP

EDIT:

@Seph

Thanks dude.  :D

Much appreciated.

My account wasn't activated yet, I couldn't post! Don't worry, I'm here now.

Not sure if I trust this Josh character. He seems like a robot, possibly MysterD's cousin.

I swear I'm not a robot, I just have bionic everything.

Congrats Tony!  The coin department is lucky to have you.  Coins are good except for pennies which are mostly annoying except for the copper.  Virtual coins don't make my pockets sag so that's a plus.  I have spent a few of my coins already on an app that gave me a free Steam key so there is potential for crossover.  You don't have to be a stranger!

Welcome Josh!  Hand over you coins to Tony on his way out.    :) 

Can I give them to him via a sock traveling at high speeds?

Congrats Tony for your promotion! I hope everything goes awesome for you! And many thanks for all your time shared with us!

Now, I'm curious... you said "I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat." Where do I see your gaming account?

And to Josh, welcome to CAG community! You will find here a great and lovely family! Better than fake Reddit. Don't cheat us with them, please.

It's great to be here! I can already tell how close everyone is, it's awesome to find communities like this.

(I think only one more after this.)

#25110 AmazonJosh  

AmazonJosh

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

I should have mentioned this earlier, Josh and I are super good friends in addition to being co-workers, I'm confident you'll find him as engaging (or not) as you found me.

Wow, lying to them as you leave, way to have a bad last impression.

You're going to give him the wrong idea... it's important to set expectations correctly...

J-Penny

Shouldn't Tony become T-Penny, since he's dealing with coins?

damn, I hope he likes burgers

sad-burger.jpg

I sure do. In addition to making great waffles, I make awesome burgers (Homemade taco seasoning in the ground beef, melted jack cheese stuffed inside the burger).

Congratulations Tony!

Thanks for all those countless sales you've pushed through over the past few years. Also, thanks for helping to build a great community here on CAG. It's one of the reasons I started to contribute rather than meander through the threads. I hope to see you around on occasion.

Welcome Josh! If you and Tony are as good of friends as Tony says you are, then I'm confident my backlog will continue to expand nicely. If I could offer a small ounce of advice, just don't oversell us on a deal and then show up with a half eaten bagel. CAGs tend to hope for home runs far too often (guilty as charged, but I've adjusted to the jargon) and I'm sure you'll come to understand that eventually (if you didn't already know). In all seriousness though, welcome, we're glad to have you aboard J-Waffles.

Appreciate the advice. I'm always open to criticism too, so if I'm not doing what you want me to, just give me a heads up.

Is he nice? Does he have a trampoline?

Yes. My downstairs neighbors hate me, and I decided I wanted a trampoline more than I wanted to be able to use my living room.

(Okay, one more.)