* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#25561 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   9952 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Nice going guys.  Way to scare off the fresh meat.

MV5BNjI2MDAzNjAwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTcz

#25562 MnemnocH   Cupcakes! CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago   Has been playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Did you guys know that if you search Homer Pepino in google, you will get a weird picture in the image section?

Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   855108.png

#25563 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

Nice going guys.  Way to scare off the fresh meat.

Official greeting for thread newcomers:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#25564 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

Awesome - I just registered D2 + LOD & Starcraft.

My Starcraft base-game key registered-up StarCraft: Anthology. :D

Does that include Brood War?

Looks like it...

3d.png?v=58-27

EDIT:

Awesome - also just activated both my Retail keys for WarCraft 3 + The Frozen Throne.

What's the reason for not offering Warcrfat II in the classic games section, or recognizing the game key from the Battle.net edition?? In fact, they don't even have a game page up for it, but they do for Warcraft III?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#25565 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16891 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

What's the reason for not offering Warcrfat II in the classic games section, or recognizing the game key from the Battle.net edition?? In fact, they don't even have a game page up for it, but they do for Warcraft III?

Good question - I don't know.

I actually don't own WC2, BTW.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#25566 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

Looks like it...
3d.png?v=58-27
EDIT:
Awesome - also just activated both my Retail keys for WarCraft 3 + The Frozen Throne.

You are still missing these.  :mrgreen:

Covers.jpg

Stellar_Forces_SC1_Cover1.jpg

Tezikwi.png My sword sings more beautifully than any choir. Tezikwi.png

#25567 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16891 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

You are still missing these.  :mrgreen:

{StarCraft 1 add-on/expansions/packs}

Spoiler

Yup.

I don't own those SC2 packs.

And whatever WC2 had, as well - since I don't own ANYTHING from WC2.

While I do own Diablo 1 on disc (no key w/ that there), I never bought Hellfire.

EDIT:

Nice deal .. searching for a deal on Starcraft I found this site .... good deal for $4 ... just never heard of them before .. :)

I've never heard of 'em either.

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#25568 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

Yup.

And whatever WC2 had, as well.

While I do own Diablo 1 on disc (no key w/ that), I never bought Hellfire.

Stellar Forces was unauthorized so it is more like a collector's item now.

Tezikwi.png My sword sings more beautifully than any choir. Tezikwi.png

#25569 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16891 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Stellar Forces was unauthorized so it is more like a collector's item now.

Cool @ whomever owns this. :D

#25570 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Looks like it...

3d.png?v=58-27

EDIT:

Can anyone comment on whether the Battle Chest Edition of Diablo (it's key rather) gives the digital versions on Blizzard's site. It's cheaper to pick up the chest pack on ebay new (with the original Diablo + strategy guide) by $3.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#25571 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16891 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

Can anyone comment on whether the Battle Chest Edition of Diablo (it's key rather) gives the digital versions on Blizzard's site. It's cheaper to pick up the chest pack on ebay new (with the original Diablo + strategy guide) by $3.

Sorry, I don't have the BC Edition of Diablo.

I have old retail boxes each for Diablo 1, 2 + LoD that are NOT from the BC.

Those old copies of D2 + LOD activated fine (not from BC).

My retail D1 don't have a CD key.

I do have BC Edition of StarCraft.

My activation of only the StarCraft base-game actually gave me the StarCraft Anthology (SC base-game + Brood War expansion).

#25572 motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

It gives Diablo 2 and its expansion as a key you can activate to Blizzard's site. Diablo I has been officially discontinued by Blizzard. Older versions of the Battle Chest had Diablo 1 but even if you find one (they are harder to come by now) I don't think it can activate to your Battle.net account.

The version I got was on a $5 sale at Best Buy a while back and it just included the discs for D2 and the LoD expansion plus a strategy guide. I never messed with the discs and just straight took the key and activated it to my Battle.net account and downloaded it from there.

2969.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#25573 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16891 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

It gives Diablo 2 and its expansion as a key you can activate to Blizzard's site. Diablo I has been officially discontinued by Blizzard. Older versions of the Battle Chest had Diablo 1 but even if you find one (they are harder to come by now) I don't think it can activate to your Battle.net account.

The version I got was on a $5 sale at Best Buy a while back and it just included the discs for D2 and the LoD expansion plus a strategy guide. I never messed with the discs and just straight took the key and activated it to my Battle.net account and downloaded it from there.

Why'd that discontinue selling Diablo 1?

#25574 The Singularious   CAGny & Lacy! Oooh. CAG Veteran   425 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

The Singularious

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

Did you guys know that if you search Homer Pepino in google, you will get a weird picture in the image section?

Interesting choice of search. Try Homer pepita next.

"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

#25575 MnemnocH   Cupcakes! CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago   Has been playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

Interesting choice of search. Try Homer pepita next.

I'm just looking for an image of Gir in a Homer suit when i stumble on that.

Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   855108.png

#25576 motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

Why'd that discontinue selling Diablo 1?

Something about it being old and not supporting modern systems well. It ran on 3DFX IIRC. I guess it doesn't run so well anymore and Blizzard are too lazy to fix it.

2969.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#25577 tjs09   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Blizzard are too lazy to fix it.

Shut up, Mooby.

Wait, what?

76561198039756693.png

#25578 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

Sorry, my D2 + LoD keys pre-date the Battle Chest.

Blizzard was exceptionally cool by shipping the PC & Mac versions in the same box... that was very uncommon at the time.  (Now we have SteamWorks.)  ...aah back when games would run on an ordinary laptop just as well as on a desktop.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#25579 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16891 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

Something about it being old and not supporting modern systems well. It ran on 3DFX IIRC. I guess it doesn't run so well anymore and Blizzard are too lazy to fix it.

I didn't even have 3DFX back then, hehe.

I can't recall if it ran on OpenGL or some low-version of DirectX.

Any modders do anything to get at least the SP campaign running on modern-OS's?

EDIT:

Sorry, my D2 + LoD keys pre-date the Battle Chest.

Blizzard was exceptionally cool by shipping the PC & Mac versions in the same box... that was very uncommon at the time.  (Now we have SteamWorks.)

... in which, game companies could support SteamPlay.

#25580 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4014 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

How could you have missed Jeff K?

tebow, the pre-teen years

I'm wondering if we already managed to scare off Josh?

Don't lie, Spoder.  Tony didn't always pricematch, he always beat the price by at least 10% more.  So if Steam was selling Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for 50% off, he'd deliver 60-75% off.  And give us $5 credits.

And kittens.

And bacon.

Josh, can we get a 75% off deal on bacon on Amazon?

Actually you're right about this.

http://www.cheapassg...-im-josh/page-5

Except we're already on page 5.

never gonna give you up

Well it seems the boredom tumbleweeds have gotten aggressive and grabbed a few more people ...

Tumbleweed_trouble%202.jpg

hehe .. I added a few more people that liked it (and a few that I forget)

ouch, y u no like me?

This thread stays weird.

ftfy

Maybe she was just visiting the Texas Roadhouse in Denton (at least thats what it looks like her shirt says)

the waitress there is extremely flexible

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#25581 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

I didn't even have 3DFX back then, hehe.
I can't recall if it ran on OpenGL or some low-version of DirectX.

Any modders do anything to get at least the SP campaign running on modern-OS's?

I'm pretty sure the Mac version of D1 was OpenGL (it was common, also you could switch between hardware and software render).

Diablo 1 HD Mod

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#25582 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

... in which, game companies could support SteamPlay.

I initially wrote SteamPlay, but then became unsure.

Thankfully a pedant called me out on this grievous blunder.

#25583 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16891 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

I'm pretty sure the Mac version of D1 was OpenGL (it was common, also you could switch between hardware and software render).

Diablo 1 HD Mod.

I don't have a Mac PC.

I'm a Windows guy.

EDIT:

Oooh - looks like that D1 HD supports OpenGL + OpenAL on Windows.

NICE.

#25584 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16891 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:21 PM

I initially wrote SteamPlay, but then became unsure.

Thankfully a pedant called me out on this grievous blunder.

Steamworks is the ENTIRE Steam suite (DRM, all them Steam Features, EVERYTHING).

Steamplay is when you get a key and it gives you multiple versions - i.e. usually includes a Windows version + Mac version; might also even include a Linux version.

#25585 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

I don't have a Mac PC.
I'm a Windows guy.

Can't read none-too-good either. (How do toasters read?)

Diablo 1 HD Mod - Features

System requirements

CPU: 1.0 Ghz
RAM: 1 GB
Graphics: 256 RAM, with full support of openGl 2.0
Free disc space: 100 MB
Sound: openAL installed

#25586 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16891 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Can't read none-too-good either. (How do toasters read?)

Diablo 1 HD Mod - Features

Check my Edit in that post. :P

#25587 tjs09   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

ouch, y u no like me?

he no liek me ether. idky.

76561198039756693.png

#25588 Thermopyle  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

Suddenly I'm wishing I hadn't thrown out my old WC1 and WC2 discs. And Diablo1+Hellfire and Diablo2. And Starcraft. Literally 3 weeks ago. 

And yes, I had both the DOS and Windows versions of WC1+2. Ah, the good old days, pre-Battle.net, of using Kali to emulate a LAN for playing WC2 online. Fun days, those.

Thermopyle2.png

#25589 asheskitty  

asheskitty

7kie1.jpg

#25590 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16891 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Suddenly I'm wishing I hadn't thrown out my old WC1 and WC2 discs. And Diablo1+Hellfire and Diablo2. And Starcraft. Literally 3 weeks ago. 

And yes, I had both the DOS and Windows versoins of WC1+2. Ah, the good old days, pre-Battle.net, of using Kali to emulate a LAN for playing WC2 online. Fun days, those.

OMG - CAG's are pack-rats and don't throw away game discs! :P

EDIT:

he no liek me ether. idky.

Tebow, is that you? ;)

EDIT 2:

7kie1.jpg

Didn't you realize that I'm constantly editing my posts? ;)

Especially so I don't constantly double-post, triple-post or more.

And especially so I can fix something, add something, proofread a post, or do God knows what to a post.