So I'm taking Marvel Avengers for Kinect to school for my students. Help me...

pwnthee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi all,

I'm currently living and teaching ESL English in South Korea.  The kids' short summer vacation is about to begin.  I have to "host" (teach) a summer camp.  I'm doing a superhero theme since superheroes are extremely popular these days.  

I want to take my Xbox 360 to school and let the kids play Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth.  I picked up the Kinect and the game cheap thanks to this site.  However, I haven't really played around with the Kinect much.  Anyhow, I have some questions.  

1. Will the Kinect detect little kids?  I'll have some kids as young as 5 years old at this camp.  I'm teaching 4 separate camps (5 year olds, 6 year olds, 7-9 year olds, 11-12 year olds).  

2. What age do you think is the youngest that can reasonably handle the Marvel Avengers game?

3. Any other game suggestions (video or otherwise) for kids?  Especially if they can easily be adapted to a superhero theme.  

Example - Musical Statues - Music plays and I call out actions.  The kids do the actions.  When the music stops, the kids must freeze and hold their position.  I was thinking about calling it the Mr. Freeze game.  The premise is that Mr. Freeze freezes the kids.  Batman has come up with an antifreeze that relies on sound frequencies from music.  

Also, any water gun game suggestions would be appreciated.  On the last day of summer camp, I'm going to basically  just let all the kids have water gun fights, but I'm a gamer, and my students love to compete, so any water gun game ideas are appreciated.  

Water gun fights?

Reminds me of having Class-based water gun fights with my nerdier friends as a kid. You got your heavy weapons guy who has the huge super soaker, the standard infantry who carry regular pistols, and the demolitions guys with water balloons. If you have access to portable sprinklers or something, you can probably round out a sentry guy too... gives an imaginative layer to the game. Add a CTF element to FULLY ripoff Team Fortress in water form.

for  video games, Minecraft always works for about any situation. Depending on the age range, the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games kick ass, and work great for the 6+ range. I know Power Up Heroes is great as well for kids as young as 4, and it looks like Avengers is a similar game.

If you have older kids around and enough computers, Microsoft Small Basic and Game Maker are options that will amaze them.

bread's done
Back