Gamestop Pre-order GTAV PS3 500GB Bundle - $269.99

runscottie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Was perusing Gamestop's website today and stumbled upon a good deal.

Sony has put together a Grand Theft Auto V PS3 500GB + 1 month free of PS+ bundle. It ships the day of GTAV's release, 9/17/2013. Gamestop has it for only $269.99 + tax and shipping which is $30 cheaper than everywhere else. (Amazon, Best Buy, etc. has it for $299.)

Great deal if you don't yet have a PS3 like me and also want to pick up GTA V. Two birds, one stone.

Gamestop Pre-Order GTAV PS3 500GB Bundle

Edit: Gamestop shipping charges: $7 5-10 day shipping, $12 two-day shipping, $15 one-day shipping

*** Update 7-12-13 11:30PM EST***

Amazon just dropped the price of the bundle to $269.99. This is likely to be the new price of the PS3 GTA V bundle. At least for now.

Credit goes to R3DNate for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too close to Black Friday to be worthwhile though. I expect $200 360s and PS3s with one or two games bundled around BF.

runscottie said:
Was perusing Gamestop's website today and stumbled upon a good deal.

Sony has put together a Grand Theft Auto V PS3 500GB + 1 month free of PS+ bundle. It ships the day of GTAV's release, 9/17/2013. Gamestop has it for only $269.99 + tax and shipping which is $30 cheaper than everywhere else. (Amazon, Best Buy, etc. has it for $299.)

Great deal if you don't yet have a PS3 like me and also want to pick up GTA V. Two birds, one stone.

Gamestop Pre-Order GTAV PS3 500GB Bundle
I think it's what the normal price is now. Everywhere just hasn't priced it right yet. Amazon also, has it for this price: http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Bundle-Playstation-3/dp/B00DBKSN8M/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_mpuj7d?ie=UTF8&qid=1373670831&sr=8-2&keywords=grand%20theft%20auto%20playstation%203%20bundle

Edit: Gamestop shipping charges: $7 5-10 day shipping, $12 two-day shipping, $15 one-day shipping

Oh nice! I'll edit the OP to include the Amazon update. Schweet.

Also: to everyone above talking about PS3 price drops coming up what with the PS4 release: I wouldn't hold your breath. Sony is reaching the point where they can't get PS3 manufacturing costs down any more. I think we will see stuff added to the bundles to sweeten the deal, but $200 for a brand new PS3 is unlikely. Even super Black Friday deals will probably be just a PS3 for $250 but with extra games, a year of PS+, etc. Check the article below:

http://www.geek.com/games/sony-has-no-plans-to-drop-ps3-price-before-or-after-ps4-launch-1559728/

I think this is a great deal for those looking for a 500GB PS3, GTAV, gamesharing, or anyone wanting to enjoy current PS3 games.

While it's close to PS4's release, I recommend not buying launch consoles for its bugs and potential issues.  :)

I think this is a great deal for those looking for a 500GB PS3, GTAV, gamesharing, or anyone wanting to enjoy current PS3 games.

While it's close to PS4's release, I recommend not buying launch consoles for its bugs and potential issues. :)
I have never had a problem with any console I have purchased at launch. However, with that said, just because this gen had so many problems, doesn't necessarily mean next gen will have a bad batch. (Except for the possibility of Microsoft and their esram.)

Well regardless of the quality of launch consoles, the PS4 isn't going to be backwards compatible anyways. So anyone needing to catch up on PS3 exclusives needs to buy the old console anyways...

Another pointless bundle, IMO. Why does 360 get so many fancy consoles (Gears, Halo, Star Wars, RE5, CoD) and the only thing Sony did was that red God of War one?

Viper187 said:
Another pointless bundle, IMO. Why does 360 get so many fancy consoles (Gears, Halo, Star Wars, RE5, CoD) and the only thing Sony did was that red God of War one?
You forgot the Crystal White PS3. Also, I really wish that Red one would've came with like a Kratos Face or something beast on it. I don't know why Sony decides to not customize their consoles like the Japanese Playstation 3's do.

You forgot the Crystal White PS3. Also, I really wish that Red one would've came with like a Kratos Face or something beast on it. I don't know why Sony decides to not customize their consoles like the Japanese Playstation 3's do.
Well, they're not region locked. Maybe I should look for something cool to import.

PS3-Yakuza.jpg

Forget what game it was, but the one with gold/white/red on it was sweet. Forget what it looked like though. It was for a game and like Japan only.

bread's done
Back