Gamestop Online - 50-75% off Skylanders figures and packs

Wow, great deal on some of that stuff; too bad it looks like a lot of it has been raided already.  I've resisted picking this game up so many times, and with Disney Infinity coming around the corner, I was going to hold off getting that for my son instead, but some of these deals are too good to pass up.

I know nothing about these characters, but I was able to get 9 single characters and a 3-pack for about $29.xx shipped!

PRO TIP: Use SAVER code for free shipping...it will say it's expired, but it still works.

BTW, his external link is messed up; but just go to Gamestop.com and do a manual search.

Of course the ones that I would want to grab, Lightcore Chill and Pop Fizz, are OOS.  Too bad they're ship to store on BBY.com or I would go try and get a price match.

Best deal ever if you're looking to start playing the 3 Skylanders games (well worth your time, both games are great); for those of us who have already been there and done that, what's left in stock still isn't really too appealing.  If the actual Giants were 75% off, I'd buy all of them.  At 50% off the deal is just ok at this point.

I lol'd at darklight crypt showing on their splash ad for $4.99.  I'm 99.999% certain that has been sold out for many, many moons.  It sells for over $100 on eBay now.

CAG PSA: IF YOU EVER SEE A DARKLIGHT CRYPT SET IN THE WILD, BUY IT FOR SOME HUGE INSTANT MONETARY GAINS.

Best deal ever if you're looking to start playing the 3 Skylanders games (well worth your time, both games are great); for those of us who have already been there and done that, what's left in stock still isn't really too appealing. If the actual Giants were 75% off, I'd buy all of them. At 50% off the deal is just ok at this point.

I lol'd at darklight crypt showing on their splash ad for $4.99. I'm 99.999% certain that has been sold out for many, many moons. It sells for over $100 on eBay now.

CAG PSA: IF YOU EVER SEE A DARKLIGHT CRYPT SET IN THE WILD, BUY IT FOR SOME HUGE INSTANT MONETARY GAINS.
Damn, yeah it is easily going for 100+. Weird that Target shows in stock at nearly every store for it

I'm thinking about getting this for my son, do you think a 7 year old could play this easily?
My 5 year old daughter can play it by herself and loves it, even if she isn't progressing through the story. It's very accessible for kids and its built so you can jump in and jump out as player 2 if they need help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't tell you how many Darklight Crypts I passed up.  Damn, if only I'd have known.  I'll be sure to look closer from now on.

It's ok deal.  I expect something bigger with the next set coming out.  I resisted up until a week or two ago.  Bought a couple of giants to get the kid through til Infinity.

As for playability.  My 6 (then 5) year old played and beat the first one.  She's in the middle of the recent one (since I just bought it).  There are settings for easy, normal, hard play.  Just turn it on simple and ignore them ;-)

There aren't many left in stock.  Wish I would've seen this sooner.

I have the first two games here with the Giants Starter Pack.  I really want a good character from each element just so I can 100% everything.

EDIT:  Here's a somewhat unrelated question for the Skylanders guys:  Do the Frito Lay Skylanders Sidekicks function as normal ones do?  That is, if I buy each of those, will those have me covered for the "one of each element" thing?

^^^The $2.49 first series Skylanders are a great deal for the average player. The only difference in-game is that the Series 1 Spyro's Adventure figures don't unlock the challenge stage in Giants and can't use the new Giants Wow Pow attack. If you have Spyro's Adventure though, it's the same challenge stages.

The Frito Lay Skylanders minis are NOT playable at all. They only act as an item and all they do is follow you around. It's 100% for cuteness, and damn are they cute!

A cheap way to get one of each element are:

Spyro (Magic), Trigger Happy (Tech), & Gill Grunt (Water) - come with Spyro's Adventure

Cynder (Undead) - comes with Giants

Stealth Elf or Stump Smash (Life) - very common and very cheap

Prism Break (Earth) - by far the most common earth figure

Eruptor or Ignitor (Fire) - The first is very very common, but the second is a far better character

Sonic Boom or Whirlwind (Air) - Both very common and cheap

I like Hex (Undead) and Double Trouble (Magic) which are both pretty common. 

Terrafin is arguably the best character in the game. He's uncommon, but not rare. Once fully powered, he has some almost gamebreaking attacks and can dodge pretty much any damage.

with activision milking this series every year now i wonder if the higher valued skylanderx will keep their value ? they have re released figures before and will do it again

^^^The $2.49 first series Skylanders are a great deal for the average player. The only difference in-game is that the Series 1 Spyro's Adventure figures don't unlock the challenge stage in Giants and can't use the new Giants Wow Pow attack. If you have Spyro's Adventure though, it's the same challenge stages.

The Frito Lay Skylanders minis are NOT playable at all. They only act as an item and all they do is follow you around. It's 100% for cuteness, and damn are they cute!

A cheap way to get one of each element are:

Spyro (Magic), Trigger Happy (Tech), & Gill Grunt (Water) - come with Spyro's Adventure

Cynder (Undead) - comes with Giants

Stealth Elf or Stump Smash (Life) - very common and very cheap

Prism Break (Earth) - by far the most common earth figure

Eruptor or Ignitor (Fire) - The first is very very common, but the second is a far better character

Sonic Boom or Whirlwind (Air) - Both very common and cheap

I like Hex (Undead) and Double Trouble (Magic) which are both pretty common.

Terrafin is arguably the best character in the game. He's uncommon, but not rare. Once fully powered, he has some almost gamebreaking attacks and can dodge pretty much any damage.
Thanks for this. I bought the Skylanders game (the first one) by itself and have the Starter Pack for Giants. So I'll have to gather the first few you mentioned either separately or in a bundle.

My son's been BEGGING to buy Skylanders with his own money... 

I keep telling him, STOP paying full price, I'll let you know when there is a sale.

Just scored him 2 SA figures, 1 Giant, 3 SG figures plus the cannon (in level pack) for ~$32 shipped using SAVER.

No dupes, and seven pieces is a pretty decent haul averaged at

bread's done
Back