- - - - -

Guild Wars 2 (PC) $28.47 after coupon code at Amazon

#1 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3309 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

KillerRamen

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ords=guild wars

I don't think I've ever seen this on sale. I was able to get it for $28.47, but I'm not exactly sure why. Try entering in "GOONCAVE" as the promo and see if you get $5 off. It might work, I'm not sure.

Posted Image

#2 poet17eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

poet17eric

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Nice!  I do believe that is the cheapest it has ever been (with coupon of course).

#3 callmewoof   Really, call me Woof CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Edit: I must have had some kind of previous $5 credit available, so I was off on my initial posting. But GOONCAVE still subtracts $5, making this game $28. Good price.

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#4 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4599 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Soooo tempted.  Looks beautiful, and the lack of a sub is great.  Played a few weekends of SW:TOR and while it was fun for a bit, it got stale fast.  Don't typically group up, but I like that in this it seems even if you don't explicitly group up everyone pretty much contributes/helps and loot/xp is shared for all.

hmmm...

For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#5 xRidley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

GW2 is..OK. Honestly not really worth it. It could be an amazing game if Anet weren't the most idiotic developers ever and just ignore their entire player base in favor of ESPORTS , crappy temporary content with grindy boring achievements, ignoring bad class balance (due to priority on ESPORTS), no dungeon finder, retarded WvWvW matchups, etc.

If this game had some good direction it would be a bargain, as it stands now though I can't really recommend it. Sure you could say "well I could see the content from 1-80, that might be fun!" but even then it is all exactly the same quests over and over again. There are too many great F2P alternatives these days.

that said, this is a good price if you were looking for it so thanks OP

#6 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

Still waiting for it to hit $20.

#7 exaznkid   Spare Some Change CAGiversary!   2418 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

Still waiting for it to hit $20.

i think by the time that happens, the game will be desolate.  Or everyone would be playing the expansion, either way new players are gonna get left in the dust, even now it's rather difficult for new players to get into the game since the areas that are level 1-50 have too little people yet the world events still spawn champions that would otherwise kill a solo player.  

#8 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

I talked to some friends who own the game and they all said not to get it. Apparently it went downhill months after launch.

#9 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

Now this, this is definitely worth $30. No way in hell you'll get bored with it before you get your money's worth out of it.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug: