Guild Wars 2 (PC) $28.47 after coupon code at Amazon

Edit: I must have had some kind of previous $5 credit available, so I was off on my initial posting. But GOONCAVE still subtracts $5, making this game $28. Good price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo tempted.  Looks beautiful, and the lack of a sub is great.  Played a few weekends of SW:TOR and while it was fun for a bit, it got stale fast.  Don't typically group up, but I like that in this it seems even if you don't explicitly group up everyone pretty much contributes/helps and loot/xp is shared for all.

hmmm...

GW2 is..OK. Honestly not really worth it. It could be an amazing game if Anet weren't the most idiotic developers ever and just ignore their entire player base in favor of ESPORTS , crappy temporary content with grindy boring achievements, ignoring bad class balance (due to priority on ESPORTS), no dungeon finder, retarded WvWvW matchups, etc.

If this game had some good direction it would be a bargain, as it stands now though I can't really recommend it. Sure you could say "well I could see the content from 1-80, that might be fun!" but even then it is all exactly the same quests over and over again. There are too many great F2P alternatives these days.

that said, this is a good price if you were looking for it so thanks OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for it to hit $20.
i think by the time that happens, the game will be desolate. Or everyone would be playing the expansion, either way new players are gonna get left in the dust, even now it's rather difficult for new players to get into the game since the areas that are level 1-50 have too little people yet the world events still spawn champions that would otherwise kill a solo player.

I talked to some friends who own the game and they all said not to get it. Apparently it went downhill months after launch.

bread's done
Back