Urban Camouflage Official Bluetooth Headset for PlayStation 3 $22.76 @ Amazon.com

Probably gone by now but Target had these on clearance for under $20 so might be worth checking if you wanted one of these and live near a slow store.

This is a pretty nice deal but you can actually use any bluetooth headset for PS3. I'm still trying to find a really nice deal on a surround sound headset that works on pc, ps3, and 360.

Is it true that the 1st model that released is better then these. I've heard that from several Bestbuy employees so I'm curious as to anyone who has owned both models or have used them.

Is it true that the 1st model that released is better then these. I've heard that from several Bestbuy employees so I'm curious as to anyone who has owned both models or have used them.
I've owned both for quite a while; I used the 1st model for over a year before picking the newer one up. And from my XP, this newer model is miles better than the 1st model. The 1st model had good sound quality but was very uncomfortable: it had tons of sharp edges that could really make the outside of your ear sore after extended play.

This newer model has curved edges and is extremely lightweight so it is very comfortable. A few of the buttons are placed in more comfortable positions now as well (particularly the power button). Sound quality's really good too; for the newer model, the "High Quality" mode is built right in instead of using software like version 1.0, so it sounds better and you can use it on your phone now if you want.

I'm a little curious why those BB employees thought 1st gen was better. I guess you could say that the newer one is slightly easier to break because of how much smaller and lighter it is (the ear clip is much thinner on this one than the 1st model's), but build quality's still solid overall. Either way this has been my main PS3 headset for a while now and I'd definitely recommend it: hope that helped!

Hopefully this will work well with the PS4 too but I'm in. I liked the first generation well enough sound-quality and mic-wise but the sharp corners really pissed me off.

I'm a little curious why those BB employees thought 1st gen was better. I guess you could say that the newer one is slightly easier to break because of how much smaller and lighter it is (the ear clip is much thinner on this one than the 1st model's), but build quality's still solid overall. Either way this has been my main PS3 headset for a while now and I'd definitely recommend it: hope that helped!
Probably either heard it from someone or were trying to up sell him into some expensive gaming headphones.

I've owned both for quite a while; I used the 1st model for over a year before picking the newer one up. And from my XP, this newer model is miles better than the 1st model. The 1st model had good sound quality but was very uncomfortable: it had tons of sharp edges that could really make the outside of your ear sore after extended play.

This newer model has curved edges and is extremely lightweight so it is very comfortable. A few of the buttons are placed in more comfortable positions now as well (particularly the power button). Sound quality's really good too; for the newer model, the "High Quality" mode is built right in instead of using software like version 1.0, so it sounds better and you can use it on your phone now if you want.

Well, why wouldn't the newer version be better? Isn't that what they're supposed to do. I have no idea what the person above is preaching about a 1st gen version being better.

bread's done
Back