500 GB PS3 and Assassin's Creed III Bundle for $229.99

Newegg still has these? Did they buy a million of them or something?

Good deal though, can't find a 500gb PS3 any cheaper than that

Last edited by a moderator:
Feren Silver said:
1,538 sold. Good lord man.

I bought one. It's well worth the price.
They have this deal it seems like at least twice or three times a month. Idk. I think they did buy a lot of them. Maybe they have like a million or so. :)

This is cheaper than the last couple times isn't it?

edit: Nope same price.

I wonder if this coming Black Friday bundle will be 100 or 150?

This is cheaper than the last couple times isn't it?

edit: Nope same price.

I wonder if this coming Black Friday bundle will be 100 or 150?
Actually I think the last time they posted it they put it up at $299.99 and it sold very poorly then. If it was closer to September when GTA V is releasing I'd probably buy one of these to have a new system to play it on. It's too bad it's not for $230 on their main site and not eBay because at least then I could PM it at Best Buy.

Actually I think the last time they posted it they put it up at $299.99 and it sold very poorly then. If it was closer to September when GTA V is releasing I'd probably buy one of these to have a new system to play it on. It's too bad it's not for $230 on their main site and not eBay because at least then I could PM it at Best Buy.
If you were going to pay $230 for a system then $60 for a new game then you may as well just buy the GTA5 bundle for $270 unless you're desperate for AC3 as well.

Poor Connor, nobody enjoyed his Ass Creed :booty: .
That's what happens when you leave the Bro out of the AssCreed.

The ONLY reason why I held off this deal is because i heard the noise is even louder than the original Fats.  Does anyone here clarify how exactly loud the system is?

The ONLY reason why I held off this deal is because i heard the noise is even louder than the original Fats. Does anyone here clarify how exactly loud the system is?
Uh, that's definitely not true. I can barely hear mine and it sits about four to six feet away with nothing to really block the sound. Had a slim model for a few weeks which was supposed to be much improved over the fat in terms of noise and that thing was still really loud, though the 360 still takes the cake. The system's designed around having less fans and being almost all passive cooling so there's no reason it should be louder and even having the drive more towards the outside of the system doesn't seem to be noticeably worse.

Has anyone had slow download speeds with an older PS3, but have normal speeds with a PS3 Slim or SuperSlim?

Would love to have the 500GB over my 80GB for PS+ goodies, but my download speeds on my current PS3 are so terrible that it kinda makes PS+ irrelevant..

Been wanting a ps3 ever since they announced the ps4 won't be backwards compatible. Might have to jump on this for the last of us and infamous...

Super Slim is super quiet compared to the normal slim and definitely the fat.
Not exactly. Had all three. The Super Slim is quieter than the original fat, but not the slim. The thin plastic door over of the disc drive can't block out most of the disc noise.

Not exactly. Had all three. The Super Slim is quieter than the original fat, but not the slim. The thin plastic door over of the disc drive can't block out most of the disc noise.
Maybe my particular slim was noisy... I did bought it off of Craigslist haha...

I have been tempted to get another one since my 160gig has been full for quite some time. But since I could get a 500gig external portable hard drive for PS3 under $60, I think I'll probably pass on this and just go for that. Plus, I haven't heard many positive things said about the slim versions (mostly negative).

Maybe my particular slim was noisy... I did bought it off of Craigslist haha...
I originally got a SuperSlim on Black Friday via the Infamous/Uncharted bundle. It made this high pitched ringing/whirring noise that gave me headaches. I wasn't sure if it was normal, so I returned it just in case. Got one from NewEgg last month and it doesn't make that noise.

If you were going to pay $230 for a system then $60 for a new game then you may as well just buy the GTA5 bundle for $270 unless you're desperate for AC3 as well.
I already have GTA V pre-ordered, so unless that GTA V bundle comes with the game, that headset that some sites seem to think is included in the bundle and the system, then I don't really need or want that bundle.

But if that one includes that special GTA V headset with the bundle then I'd buy it and not even think about it cuz I think the headset is $160+ on it's own, right?

:  \ I got that big 250 GB bundle with the $50 PSN card and 5 games.. kinda wish I waited for this sale to return but whatever. My backlog is ridiculous and has expanded to even more ridiculous levels due to the big summer sales.. more space would only give me more reason to buy, buy, buy.

bread's done
Back