360 / PS3 - Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - $19.99 - Amazon

easy plat ;)  but yeah, horrible game. but after 2-3 times beating it, it ends up being ok. lol.

that stupid game mechanic where you just go stab stab stab in their face and they queue up for you is so messed up tho.

also $20 new at gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll buy that for a dollar. . .er $20.  Thanks for the info.  i have been waiting for a drop on this one.  I've heard going in with an open mind helps.  Lookslike they have some good ideas, but the execution leaves something to be desired.

Why has this game taken so long to drop?  Games like AC 3 and Hitman tanked faster than this one price wise.  I don't get it.

Even though I know this is a terrible game, I'd be happy to pay $10 new for it or $5 used. Hopefully, the price will drop down low enough for me in the near future. 

Why has this game taken so long to drop? Games like AC 3 and Hitman tanked faster than this one price wise. I don't get it.
activision is notorious for not dropping prices.

look at the price for transformers: fall of cybertron (I really wish it would drop already)

Why has this game taken so long to drop? Games like AC 3 and Hitman tanked faster than this one price wise. I don't get it.
It doesn't seem to make sense, but think about it. What's going to sell more? AC will outsell a bad movie/tv show tie-in game all day. That means there are that many more retailers with it and that many more AC games going to the Used market. Retailers are trying to generate quick cash flow, use the big games as a means to get people to their stores, and create a habit for people shopping with them. If they can get those people hooked further into their ecosystem with things like Rewards/discount cards and store credit trade-ins, then they're taking business away from their competitors and building customer loyalty.

Retailers also order a lot more copies of AAA games, so there are more on the shelves. Typically, most new game sales occur during the first week or two of a game's release.

One place where I see Gamestop having a major advantage over Best Buy and others is in their turnaround from the time they accept a trade-in to the time when it goes up for sale. I've actually seen, more than once, where one customer would trade-in a game, and another customer would ask to buy the game. A Gamestop clerk would print out a used label right away. That's why you'll sometimes find a Tuesday release already used on Wednesday/Thursday at Gamestop. Although I've never understood why someone would outright purchase a game, especially on day one, when they were just going to marathon through it in a couple of nights. Oh well.

This game isn't really that bad. Sure it's nowhere near being great, but it's Average to Below Average.

It does do some stuff very well, Norman Reedus does a pretty good job at voice acting, and I thought the "Oregon Trail" elements were pretty cool.

The bad is that the ending is horrible, and they do reuse environments for all of the minor locations that you can scavenge, breakdown, etc...

But it was pretty decent overall, it had some decent stealth elements and the crossbow was pretty satisfying to use.

$20 is an ok price for it, but for this title I'm not so sure how low it would actually drop

The Best Buy online trade-in value for it is still $17 if it holds.  Hhmmm...might be worth PM'ing as a $3 rental :)

The Best Buy online trade-in value for it is still $17 if it holds. Hhmmm...might be worth PM'ing as a $3 rental :)
Actually you would be profiting as long as their 50% TIV bonus continues. I just flipped it from GS to BBY this week for a $5.50 profit to shuffle some credit for a purchase.

Edit- Which as soon as I hit submit I see is exactly what the person above me said. :booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up everyone.  Grabbed a $20 copy at Gamestop, played it over the weekend, and sold it to Best Buy for about $27 after bonuses.  Sweet.

The funny thing is that I actually really enjoyed the game.  Enough that I was reluctant to sell it back (but I figure, if I want to play it again, I can always pick it up when it inevitably hits $5 clearance).  It was glitchy and annoying at times (one pit-stop type level even had a background that was a road with cars...but if you walk close to the edge, a background of a different section of road without cars popped in...  That was...interesting.).  But I really dug the stealth zombie gameplay and melee...and it was even sort of suspenseful walking around narrow hallways in indoor areas wondering if a zombie is hiding around the corner or if the corpses littering the hall are all really dead.  If you pick it up for a flip, it's worth a try first (it's only like 6 hours long if you don't care about replaying it for the multiple paths/etc).

bread's done
Back