MMO's that ain't dead yet...

Kannaaashi

CAGiversary!
Been having fun with all the latest MMO's atm, but one of my friend is still playing some classic game which actually invites me on playing Ragnarok online once again. It's just made me wonder though, aside from RO does anyone knows any game that is too old, senile, epic, jurassic or whatever you wanna call it that still exist and still have a lot of players nowadays?

There are a ton of MUDs that are not only still active but thriving. The oldest one I know is from 1985 is MUD2. I popped on their 3 months ago just to show my kids how I use to play and it was booming with players.

Everquest.  My best sniper in SWTOR dropped the game to go back and play EQ.  I hate him for that, because he was a real asset to the team.

Everquest is indeed one of the oldest game there is, thanks for reminding me. But this is the first time i heard of MUD, tried google-ing it and in my surprise, it's really EPIC!  :bow:  and makes me wanna try it.

Checked on some client base online games and I bumped to ROSE online (Rush on Seven Episodes). This game was dropped by one of the major gaming company here in my country without any reason. But I never thought that it still exist, and I read on some online articles that they were still developing or enhancing the game in a test server Pegasus. I might try to participate on that test server sometime.

As much as I'd love to go back and try out EQ again, when it went free to play and I goofed around, I remembered how shitty the control and gameplay mechanics are. Especially after playing games like WoW.

No love for Anarchy Online?

I remember beta testing Ragnarok Online way back in the day. Makes me feel old. :'(

Ultima Online has the official servers up and lots of free player run servers.  It is actually something different instead of a WoW clone.

Ultima Online has the official servers up and lots of free player run servers. It is actually something different instead of a WoW clone.
I've never got back into MMO's thanks to Ultima Online. I've tried every free trial in the book and nothing matches UO pre-trammel days.

That and theres so many games released now It's hard to put in as much time as I did with MMO's when I was younger. I guess not having a job and getting $15 a month from my parents made decisions a lot easier as well.

Only other games I could last six months or more in were Everquest 1 and Final Fantasy XI online. I also managed to get a good four months in Everquest Online Adventures for a little bit because it was on the PS2 - a unique experience at the time.

By getting back into I meant pay per month or freemimum. Guild Wars 2 was a whole new adventure for me. I'd recommend it for the one time fee.

I'll be getting into Everquest Next when It's released next yer.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back