The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide [Hardcover] $107.99 at Amazon

I mean, errr this is mostly just a "special" reprinting of a lot of these guides that they pretty much couldn't GIVE away before, besides the chest there really is nothing that warrants this price-tag for $153... This is pretty much a "Hey you guys bought all the Hyrule Historia so here is another limited* thing!" *Limited meaning "Hey this is limited, so buy this because WHO KNOWS... it MIGHT be super expensive and you could sell it on ebay!"

Will this someday be worth something ? Quite the investment...
Exactly the reason 99% of people will buy it, not because they want to drop $153 on a box set of guides that cost more than the games combined, but because they are HOPING, that somewhere down the road, someone will throw down even more $ for it.

Gah, so expensive but *pre-ordered*.

I figured there'd be a Wind Waker HD guide coming out but apparently the Ocarina of Time 3D guide is exclusive to this set!
The expanded Skyward Sword guide has piqued my interest as well.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!! :D

No prime shipping?
Yeah, it's kind of annoying. :whistle2:?

I instinctively chose 2-day shipping but changed it to standard when I realized 2-day shipping was over $12!
(Standard Shipping came up at $3.99 for me)

Exactly the reason 99% of people will buy it, not because they want to drop $153 on a box set of guides that cost more than the games combined, but because they are HOPING, that somewhere down the road, someone will throw down even more $ for it.
something tells me that even if this does become limited, pretty much anyone that wanted one will already have one so the demand will be pretty low. Not to mention that these probably won't keep their value when a new zelda pops up with a new strategy guide. This offer is purely for collectors considering it's selling at a collectors price.

Preordered while I consider it. It's kind of pricey, and I'm never going to play Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass, but the other guides would be great to have. No matter how many times I play OOT, I still love to have the guide handy and I never got the OOT3D one, I just used the one at the back of a Wind Waker guide.

Grabbed it. If it's still in stock closer to release, I may cancel it. I bought the cheaper version of hyrule historia and it's less now than when I bought it. Ugh

Preordering this without question. I do t have any of the guides so this will be a nice gift for myself. It will give me a reason to revisit OOT and those other Zelda games mentioned that I never played.

The price and everything else for this made me think it was going to be a more complete collection - at least LttP. I don't know why they'd include guides to the DS games (Phantom Hourglass was decent) and not Minish Cap or the recently re-released Oracle games. If that was the case, then this might set might justify it's price.

nah when they first put it up it was 179.99 and then for a little while it went down to 120. i have 2 of them preordered at this price.
Gotcha, I remember seeing the Canadian price in the $120's, I guess I missed out at that price. I probably won't get this though, the only guide I need is the 3DS guide but I already have an ocarina of time guide.

Man now I'm in a dilemma. I already own The collectors editions of Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, and Twilight Princess. I only have a regular wind waker guide and no guide for Skyward sword and no ocaria of time 3D guide... so I have no clue if I want this.  I mean I COULD get it and then sell the 3 guides I own already and probably make $20 a piece back on them... making this set only cost me approx. $90 give or take. Screw it im doing it thanks OP!

Whenever i bought a Collectors whatever it wasn't about Resale value, same reason with getting a new console early, I have a desire to use it. And in earnest this just seems like rebindings of Guides that years ago that i invested in a few, but the high price tag of a guide that was shunned by friends, used seldomly (but still valued in aggrivating circumstances), and somehow didn't hold a candle to player written walkthroughs, refrences, guides, and hints that i copy and pasted into word documents and later ported to PDFs.

If I found this at a yard sale I would buy it, I like the bindings, and i would like to stack it next to my shelf of old books, dragon statues, TES Cases, and TES Novels (if they ever print).

The wording on the Prima website has changed a bit, it now says;

"This limited edition set will only be printed once and the number available will be set in stone very soon. So what are you waiting for? Pre-order your Zelda treasure box on Amazon.com"

It used to say will only be available to those who preorder. Either way this will sell out soon as if this is really numbered and hand signed by Eiji Aonuma then how many copies could you really ask someone to sign? My guess 2000-3000. Could you really ask someone to hand sign 10,000+ certificates?

Wasn't this $120.XX when it was posted a few days ago?
Not according to camelcamelcamel unless they changed the product code or something and the tracking is inaccurate. Would love to get it for $120.

Was also surprised that I wasn't getting free prime shipping. I figured it was because my prime runs out in November. Going to renew it anyway, but still I was surprised to see it. Was even going to call an Amazon rep to see if there was a computer glitch. I figured I'll just wait it out since its not out for a few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems pretty crazy for a bunch of strategy guides. Most hard backs go for around $20/ea~ so this is even above that. If they were along the lines of Hyrule Historia I might consider it, but strategy guides are a whole other thing all together.

Not according to camelcamelcamel unless they changed the product code or something and the tracking is inaccurate. Would love to get it for $120.

Was also surprised that I wasn't getting free prime shipping. I figured it was because my prime runs out in November. Going to renew it anyway, but still I was surprised to see it. Was even going to call an Amazon rep to see if there was a computer glitch. I figured I'll just wait it out since its not out for a few months.
aMQAMU4.png

Some of us, got it for that price. Amazon raised the price today.

My preorder says what htz posted:

aMQAMU4.png

Some of us, got it for that price. Amazon raised the price today.

Dang! I tried to talk a CS into matching the earlier price and it was a no go. She did give me a $7 credit though, which was pretty cool all the same. Maybe I should try my luck again tomorrow? For $30 I'd give them at least a couple jingles in case it actually works.

It was $120 for part of the day yesterday. I bought mine at 3:20 pm PT and quickly came over and posted in the Collectors guide thread that it had dropped to $120. I believe it went up around 11:30pm PT yesterday

Contacted Amazon support to ask why the item didn't show up as Prime eligible, he told me that when the item released it would automatically be upgraded to Prime shipping and then asked if I wanted to change my shipping from Standard to Two-Day. I told him only if I had his assurance that if the shipping didn't automatically upgrade to Prime, if I could get the shipping charge refunded. 

Instead of any hassles, he just gave me two day shipping at no charge, so it might pay off to contact support to see if they can help you out as well. 

Beats paying $13 for shipping if you're already a Prime member.

Well, for me, I genuinely love the Zelda games. I've been trying to pick up stuff I've missed out on, so this is a great win for me. Might not be an outrageous deal, but considering I had looked into these on eBay.,.this works much better for me. I'll scoop then up and be happy with my purchase.

bread's done
Back