BestBuy: Tax Free Week 8/4 - 8/8 YMMV

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here is the message I got when looking at one of my local stores BestBuy pages.

Come join us on August 9th and 10th 2013 for TAX FREE!!! save time and Reserve your products starting Sunday August 4th -August 8th…NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED!!! Thank you and we look forward to seeing you then.

Store hours:

Thursday 8th 11:00pm to 1:00am (begin shopping at 11pm and ring up at 12:01am August 9th)

Friday 9th 9:00am to 9:00pm

Saturday 10th 9:00am to 9:00pm
Not sure if this can be used on pre-orders like the PS4 or Xbox One but if it can and you are a rewards member, you could be getting a lot of points to go towards some more savings.

Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12090&type=page

Check the news section. Looks like it random stores that are doing it but worth checking out

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the message I got when looking at one of my local stores BestBuy pages.

Not sure if this can be used on pre-orders like the PS4 or Xbox One but if it can and you are a rewards member, you could be getting a lot of points to go towards some more savings.

Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12090&type=page

Check the news section. Looks like it random stores that are doing it but worth checking out.
I did it last year with Black Ops 2 pre-order, lol. It works for anything you order during the tax free holiday.

Edit:

Not sure if cancelling a pre-order for X1 or PS4 is a good idea, if you already reserved just to get it tax free....

Interesting, will monitor this as well. Have about $100 in BB credit and could theoretically move about $100 of GS credit over there. If I could do that to get an Xbox One without paying tax I would be down with that.

These are usually regional based on when your state has tax free days.  Usually does not apply to just one chain store...

i know computer software and hardware is eligible, but it seems to me video game software and hardware would be pretty YMMV, since (at least in missouri) there is a specific list of items that can be purchased tax free, and its usually back to school related (computer, clothes, school supplies)

edit: also not store specific, and its based on participation by state, city and county

Good to know. I may just buy a Surface RT for school, $350 is a pretty damn good price for it. It reminds me of the Vita, a great piece of hardware with a dearth of software and buried by an established player in the market.

I know North Carolina has a tax free day/week as well because my wife is from that state and had her family ship an iMac to her here in California during one of those promotions. Sounds a bit crazy but it actually worked out to be significantly cheaper that way.

Tax-free weekends, and the rules governing them, are always on a state-by-state basis. YMMV

For example, Virginia has a hurricane prepardness tax-free weekend where things like generators are tax-free.

I know North Carolina has a tax free day/week as well because my wife is from that state and had her family ship an iMac to her here in California during one of those promotions. Sounds a bit crazy but it actually worked out to be significantly cheaper that way.
Yep! It's usually "Tax Free Weekend" here in NC when they do it. It is absolutely nuts how many people go shopping just to save that 7%.

Interesting, will monitor this as well. Have about $100 in BB credit and could theoretically move about $100 of GS credit over there. If I could do that to get an Xbox One without paying tax I would be down with that.
How can you move it? I've been trying to find a way to move some Amazo/GS credit over.

bread's done
Back