* * - - - 3 votes

Best Buy RZ Private Shopping Event July 28; $30 RZ cert with pre-order of PS4/One, select game & controller; 2x/3x RZ points

#1 Sway   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2708 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Just received this in an email:

2lw18hf.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat245400050009

• Sunday July 28th 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
  • 2x Reward Zone points on nearly every purchase, additional points when you use your Best Buy Reward Zone Credit Card
  • 3x Reward Zone points if you spend $1,000 or more
  • Reward Zone scavenger hunt: Enter to win one of 12 $25 Best Buy gift cards or one of 35 nationwide Grand Prizes, 50,000 Reward Zone points
  • Full list of offers available July 24
  • Use the drop down box in the link above to see if your store is participating

#2 R3DNate   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   508 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Just received this in an email:
2lw18hf.jpg
http://www.bestbuy.c...cat245400050009

• Sunday July 28th 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
  • 2x Reward Zone points on nearly every purchase when you use your Best Buy Reward Zone Credit Card
  • 3x Reward Zone points if you spend $1,000 or more
  • Reward Zone scavenger hunt: Enter to win one of 12 $25 Best Buy gift cards or one of 35 nationwide Grand Prizes, 50,000 Reward Zone points
  • Full list of offers available July 24
  • Use the drop down box in the link above to see if your store is participating
That's stupid. The one ten minutes away from my house isn't on there. Even the one that is half an hour isn't either. I guess I won't be being apart of this. :(

#3 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

ill ge getting a ps4 at gamestop so its a pass for me. i too got this email
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#4 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2107 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

I thought pre-orders for the new consoles were already filled. Thinking about canceling my Amazon and going for Best Buy. Edit: NM. Only at certain stores.

#5 Quintessence   The Darkness Consumes CAGiversary!   1410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Quintessence

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Might be something to keep an eye on.  I'd certainly like some more details.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#6 sgand   Aim for the flat top CAGiversary!   2512 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

$30 back for buying the system, a controller and game. I'd save a lot more in tax buying from Amazon.

I can turn your Paypal into Amazon for $2

http://www.cheapassg...ore/?p=10212991

#7 sadboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2815 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

I just realized, I don't think I've ever bought a next-gen console at launch.

#8 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3362 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Hmm... I already have a pre-order from Best Buy for instore pickup for that particular store.  Might be worth going there to talk to them about getting the extra $30 back.  

#9 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Damn, if I wasn't gonna be forced to buy an extra controller then I would be all over this.  Get the $30 back and use my Discover card (if the 5% cashback would be active on BB) on this to get the PS4 hella cheap.

giphy

#10 gossamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Got this too.  Might have to finally order a PS4 with my $375 RZ credit.  Hopefully I won't have to work that night.

#11 Kitoro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Ugh.. I've had my PS4 paid off entirely via RZ Certificates and gift cards since E3, and canceling that and locating the gift cards and reprinting the $300+ in RZ certificates will be such a hassle, but I'm planning on getting a game and controller as well. /sigh

Wouldn't I be risking launch availability pre-ordering this late in-store, though?

Also, will they require the full payment of $520+ tax on the spot? I'll have enough for all of it with more certificates and my $100 in Shop kick points, but ugh. And will the 2x points stack with the $30 bonus?

The more questions I ask (that pry can't be answered here), the more I just want to cancel my pre-order and take part in this promo, haha.

#12 panda911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   945 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

panda911

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Would've been an ok deal if it didn't require the purchase of an additional controller.

#13 bburpee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Okay, I'm a little confused about two things.... first, where does your local store's page list participation in this promo? I checked a bunch of stores in Dallas and didn't see any mention of it.

Second... panda911, really? You have no need for a second controller? That might be the saddest thing I've ever heard.

#14 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   7978 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

I won a $25 gift card and a light blub last time. Ill go back just for that. Nothing else interest me. (so far)

Want Amazon Prime for cheap? Send me a message for info.

Deader2818.png

#15 Akridsky   Flipping for dollars CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

I won a $25 gift card and a light blub last time. Ill go back just for that. Nothing else interest me. (so far)

A light bulb?? :shock:

#16 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2406 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Wow, this is sounding pretty private. So much so that it was filtered to my spam folder.

I'm not really seeing that great of an advantage here. Getting to a Best Buy store is a bit of a chore, then once I'm there, I'm reminded why Best Buy isn't worth the 40 minutes drive.

#17 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Okay, I'm a little confused about two things.... first, where does your local store's page list participation in this promo? I checked a bunch of stores in Dallas and didn't see any mention of it.

Second... panda911, really? You have no need for a second controller? That might be the saddest thing I've ever heard.

I never buy a second controller for my consoles when I buy them. Why should I? I don't beat up on my controllers normally and I rarely(if ever) have company over so I wouldn't need a spare.

As for me, my next closest BB store is doing this event but NOT the one closest to me. Oh well. Maybe I'll hit this thing up anyway for shits & giggles.

#18 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3037 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

A light bulb?? :shock:

I think they had the philips multi-color LED bulb that you can control with a smartphone.

#19 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Ugh.. I've had my PS4 paid off entirely via RZ Certificates and gift cards since E3, and canceling that and locating the gift cards and reprinting the $300+ in RZ certificates will be such a hassle, but I'm planning on getting a game and controller as well. /sigh

Wouldn't I be risking launch availability pre-ordering this late in-store, though?

Also, will they require the full payment of $520+ tax on the spot? I'll have enough for all of it with more certificates and my $100 in Shop kick points, but ugh. And will the 2x points stack with the $30 bonus?

The more questions I ask (that pry can't be answered here), the more I just want to cancel my pre-order and take part in this promo, haha.

At one time, they were pushing the 'no need to print out your RZ certificates' thing. Saying they'll look them up and apply them for you.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#20 Hielostar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Hielostar

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

All the participating locations are a little too far of a drive for me (60min+), so looks like I'll be passing on this one.

762360.png

#21 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9295 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think it has to do with the fact there are literally no couch coop games announced yet, except for maybe two indie titles, even I am having doubts on the second controller, and I play local co op almost every day. I wish shadow fall would have local co op like Killzone 3 which was a lot of fun, but that doesn't seem like the case.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#22 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Aww, no one comes over to hang out?

Nope. I am not beloved.

#23 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

I also got this email but I really don't need a extra controller that kinda kills the deal for me. Plus I also wonder when I made my pre-order back at E3 cancelling that one would move me down the list again right?!?

#24 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11937 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

I also got this email but I really don't need a extra controller that kinda kills the deal for me. Plus I also wonder when I made my pre-order back at E3 cancelling that one would move me down the list again right?!?

nvm, you are probably still going to get it.

#25 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3494 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

Interesting since Best Buy cut off all Xbox One pre-orders on or around 7/7 (they even  disabled the SKU for it).  I actually ended up making my pre-order at the Microsoft Store but would rather Best Buy... so if I can I'll totally take advantage of simply being able to do-so ($30 RZ certificate or not).

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Get money back for purchases at Target, Best Buy and more with Ibotta (My Referral Link).

#26 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

nvm, you are probably still going to get it.

I was thinking about it but decided not to cancel my order which I did online. I have a feeling that ordering in stores people are going to have more trouble with employee mistakes and fulfilling them.

#27 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11937 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

I was thinking about it but decided not to cancel my order which I did online. I have a feeling that ordering in stores people are going to have more trouble with employee mistakes and fulfilling them.

if you preorder instore, do not cancel, because it wil be a mess, It is less reliable than ordering from bestbuy website.

#28 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3115 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Duke Nukem Forever
PS3

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

These sales aren't usually worth a shit are they? Last one I went to had no games, DVDs , or CDs discounted.

My Tradelist (Always updated pretty well)

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

philip25033 on PSN and Wiiu

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#29 Dragonaxe3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Dragonaxe3

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

I would have preordered my ps4 from best buy in the first place, it's definitely my preferred store, but the guy I was talking to pretty much told me I wasn't going to get one on day 1. He said his and most stores are expecting a handful on launch day. I think he's full of it, but it caused me to go to gamestop.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#30 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3926 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Someone do the math for me.

After the 3x Reward Zone Points, for an Xbox one, how much are we looking back in Reward Zone certificates?

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

:xb1: Halo: MCC