Pre-Order Diablo 3 360/PS3 Save $10 @ Amazon

Monsta Mack

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7NQP9M?pf_rd_p=1581555762&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=6E5F8FCC96CA4C8A84D9

Offer ends July 27th. You also get the infernal helm and EXP bonus.

I know Diablo 3 had a lot of hate, and I am aware of that. I put in 200+ hours into D3 myself and felt it didn't compare (in the long run) to D2. But unless the consoles get Torchlight 2 anytime soon this may be your best bet.

Also, according to a article on Gamespot the PS4 and possibly XB1 version (XB1 version not confirmed, but neither was the 360 version for a few months. I'd expect the game to be on both systems)  will have unique features but they weren't stated. And those versions won't come out till 2014. http://www.gamespot.com/news/diablo-iii-headed-to-next-gen-in-2014-report-6411473

So it's get 10 back...not preorder it for less

Misleading title FYI
How is it misleading?

"Customers who pre-order Diablo III before midnight (12:00 AM PST) on July 27, 2013 will be charged $49.99 for their pre-order instead of $59.99"

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't feel like a game id pay more than $39.99 new at release. No hate for the game but if you do a release on a other platform for a set time, your entry price point should lower in my opinion.
This. I predict low sales and a quick drop in price. Anyone who was diehard/super interested in it would've bought it for the PC already.

(Also kind of why I'm waiting on Payday 2's price to drop. I know it's a sequel with new content, but it was originally a PSN title. The fact that they made it retail and claim it contains that much more content doesn't sit well with me. Marketing spin, imo.)

This. I predict low sales and a quick drop in price. Anyone who was diehard/super interested in it would've bought it for the PC already.

(Also kind of why I'm waiting on Payday 2's price to drop. I know it's a sequel with new content, but it was originally a PSN title. The fact that they made it retail and claim it contains that much more content doesn't sit well with me. Marketing spin, imo.)
I'd honestly rather them make a retail version of some of the PSN titles. Some of them just don't see worth their prices for them being download only.

nice, this works with the $10 bonus I earned for trading in a game worth $10 or more, so out of pocket on this is 39.99.

Same offer is now available at GameStop for those with GS credit.

Edit: Have to be a free or Pro Powerup member to get the deal.

Maybe.. I really wish you could import battle.net characters.. Would love to pickup in inferno where I left off but on 360

I thought that, but they also just did this with Final Fantasy XIV. A part of me wonders if they are doing this instead of promo credit.
the main reason i am afraid, is the lack of user/ fanbase on the console version compare to the pc version. the whole point of diablo series was the multiplayer online experience (for me personally). I remember logging countless of hours into diablo 2 with friends, being rushed, and doing cow levels, and magic findings. I was disappointed they reduced the max 8 players from diablo 2 to 4 players in diablo 3.

Just contacted customer service as I had to have my $10 promo credit manually added, they changed the price of the game to $49.99 at the time of my preorder. So now it shows up as $39.99 + my credit gained from my trade-in. So I will be paying $21.00 out of pocket on release for mine.

Lets think this out.

1.D3 has already gone down to $30 on PC with superior graphics. IGN recently straight up said the graphics did not look pretty and the control of the demon hunter was imprecise when they played it. The way they were laughing about it made it really come off as a derp derp derp button masher. 

2. It's a cashgrab. There's no way around it.This reminds me of how they released Warcraft 1 back on the Playstation or Starcraft on the N64 and those games were just awful. Pretty ridiculous how they're releasing the PS3 version along with the PS4 version a few months later. Halfassed port with absolutely no new content whatsoever. Even fucking indie developers have the common courtesy of adding in a level or two and this is a huge fucking company. The fact that you don't have so much as 1 goddamn exclusive levels screams "rushjob get it out the door before next gen so we can sell it again".

3. Really the only class that has been optimized for use with the consoles is the barbarian which is a straight up rip off of God of War Ascension which has a very smooth and fun PVP multiplayer. I would highly suggest checking out GoW first if you havent if you are primarily looking for a brawler. GoW has customizable armors/weapons too.

4. The bonus is a helm to boost your XP gain. Yet everyone who played the game complained about how short it was. So why in gods name would it matter if you used the helm or not?

5. The PS4 is coming out around the time this game launches. Retailers will be clearing their stock of PS3 games. Black Friday will be like 2 months away ontop of that.

6. The auction house feature has been stripped from the game and item duping will be rampant. Part of the whole fun of games like this is collecting rare loot and when you can just dupe everything it gets very old very fast. So much for doing challenge modes or whatever when you can just dupe all the best gear in the game. Blizzard games just do not translate well at all onto consoles in my opinion. 

This $10 is a sucker deal because it's going to go on sale much faster than normal just like how I got Injustice Gods Among Us for $35 a mere 2 weeks post launch. I made the same comment then as I am making now. Injustice was a fun game but frankly I knew it was going to pricecut.

INSTEAD If you are deadset on a coop game then I would suggest Dragon's Crown August 6th. Awesome class system side scroller and loads of replayability as bosses gain new abilities at higher levels. This game is going to be packed with value. I'm playing through Muramasa right now on the Vita which is also by Vanillaware and the artwork is just beautiful. Trust me here on Dragon's Crown. Gonna be a very fun, solid coop game like castle crashers.The preorder bonus is also an artbook which i think could actually increase in value if you keep it in good condition with the game.

Wait for the PS4 version if you must play D3 at all imo. This is not a game worth double dipping. Most PC players complained about how they stopped playing. This is like a $20 game in my opinion. $20 by Black Friday. Watch it happen. And I still wouldn't buy it because frankly i'm a bit disappointed with their developers lack of respect for the D2 creator and their company as a whole the past few years. They've got egos bigger than their ability to produce games and they're well on their way pumping out yearly garbage.

This is the same publisher selling angry birds on the PS3, vita, Xbox for $40 when you can get it for $1 on a smartphone. I see this game no differently than I see the angry birds game. Not worth it.

Sorry to shit on your thread. Good job posting the deal, but I think you will do better by waiting or better yet avoiding. Makes me sick to see people getting excited about paying $50 to play a year and a half old game with worse graphics to fill the pockets of a man whos making 8 million a year off suckers

I will grab this to play with my wife. I love games that have Coop!
Me too, but might wait for a bigger drop.

It has been forever since consoles have had a full retail dungeon crawler that supports local coop. Last one was Sacred 2 I think (or MUA2?).

EDIT: Oh wait it was Dungeon Siege 3, which was utter crap in local coop because of f-ed up camera.

bread's done
Back