* * * - - 41 votes

Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

#811 WV Matsui  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

Dead Rising 3 looks soooo good!

#812 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

Would be odd to pack in Madden since at that point it would be 3 months old and they are already offering to upgrade to the Xbox one version for $10.

I honestly doubt they pack in any game considering their numbers here are likely fine.

Fifa is only a bonus if you pre-order so you would think if they were to give a game for free here, they would say so now to get people to go out and pre-order.

#813 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

i agree a bundle sports game with xbox one in this country is not a system seller like fifa in eu. i think ms should include one of their xbox one only game in the system

#814 Erad30   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

what do you mean madden is having issues lol k's of people will be line up next monday night at midnight at gamestops all over the u.s to get madden 25 sometimes i shake my head at what you say.

Uh was I talking about sales issues, no I was not. I was talking about about specific bug mentioned on a podcast that shows EA doesn't completely have their shit together on Madden performance-wise. Try reading a post for once.

#815 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

Would be odd to pack in Madden since at that point it would be 3 months old and they are already offering to upgrade to the Xbox one version for $10.

I honestly doubt they pack in any game considering their numbers here are likely fine.

Fifa is only a bonus if you pre-order so you would think if they were to give a game for free here, they would say so now to get people to go out and pre-order.

yeah no way madden is in the system seeing that game will be a big seller on launch day for alot of people.

#816 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

Uh was I talking about sales issues, no I was not. I was talking about about specific bug mentioned on a podcast that shows EA doesn't completely have their shit together on Madden performance-wise. Try reading a post for once.

what bug? i played madden 25 at e3 and have a early copy of the game and this is by far the best madden maybe on this gen. I have been playing madden every year since the first one in 89 so i know what is a bad madden game. 

#817 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

I think the best bet for a free game if we even get one in the US would be Ryse.

#818 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

what bug? i played madden 25 at e3 and have a early copy of the game and this is by far the best madden maybe on this gen. I have been playing madden every year since the first one in 89 so i know what is a bad madden game. 

Did you get an early copy because you bought it from work before release date?

#819 Erad30   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

Again, I literally just said this was mentioned on the Player One podcast. God you are dense. Here:

Madden NFL 25 Will Get Day One Patch to Fix Invisible Players  

SHARE:

Adjust text size: news_textminus2.png?v=2news_textplus2.png?v=2

Madden-NFL-25-Will-Get-Day-One-Patch-to- tb_zoom.gif - Not invisible
The demo for Madden NFL 25 might be a good way to promote the game, but it has also revealed a pretty serious bug that affects gameplay, with situations where certain players become invisible and can no longer be returned to their normal state.

The EA Sports team working on the American football sim says that it is aware of the issue and that it will release a patch for the game on launch day to fix it.

The official Twitter account says, “UPDATE: A fix for the vanishing players is in Title Update #1, which will be available for download when #Madden25 launches on 8/27.”

Madden is one of the biggest video game series for Electronic Arts and a serious bug on launch could affect sales and the overall revenue of the company.

The new NFL simulation will be launched on August 27 on the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360, with versions for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 also in development.

#820 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

if you are talkinga bout invisiable players that is gone from the game the demo from what im hearing was a build of the game from back in may and i played tons of games at e3 and since i got the early copy this past sunday and it's no where to be seen.

#821 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:40 AM

Did you get an early copy because you bought it from work before release date?

no i was sent one directly from EA because we got a giant display thing coming into work to showcase the game so i was offered one by them. 

#822 Erad30   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Then why is that article talking about a patch for the day of release? That article is only a few days old, not months old.

#823 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

if you are talkinga bout invisiable players that is gone from the game the demo from what im hearing was a build of the game from back in may and i played tons of games at e3 and since i got the early copy this past sunday and it's no where to be seen.

Uh, that article he just posted pretty much said that EA is aware of the issue and there will be a day one patch to fix it.

Unless you know something EA doesn't know.

#824 Erad30   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:42 AM

Well remember, this is the same dude who claimed he could return any opened game by whining enough at customer service. Claimed he did it all the time, then claimed he didn't buy many games. Then claimed he had inside scoops...

#825 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

i had a patch the day i put the game in my system soo good chance that's what it was plus madden gets early release for season ticket holders on friday which means the patch had to be ready by then also.

#826 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:45 AM

Ah, cool, what store? I havent seen very many of them around. Doesn't seem like a big company.

#827 Ashane   CAG in Training CAG Veteran   409 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

Uh, that article he just posted pretty much said that EA is aware of the issue and there will be a day one patch to fix it.

Unless you know something EA doesn't know.

The patch is most likely already done, passed Q&A, and is simply waiting to be downloaded.

Since he is saying he has a copy of the game, it's likely he would download a patch. 

#828 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Ah, cool, what store? I havent seen very many of them around. Doesn't seem like a big company.

shopko has stores from wisconsin all the way to cali 

#829 Dark Lord Greg   The Urban Legend CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Dark Lord Greg

I hope the NA Xbox One comes with a game too, maybe BF4? Its an EA title just like FIFA and would help EA/DICE in exposure/DLC sales against COD:Ghosts

#830 WV Matsui  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

The invisible player bug I thought was only on the PS3. I can't remember. I played the demo on both of my systems and did see it but can't remember for which one. Oops...

#831 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:48 AM

shopko has stores from wisconsin all the way to cali 

I saw one in Oregon when I lived there.

I know California only has like one store.

#832 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

The invisible player bug I thought was only on the PS3. I can't remember. I played the demo on both of my systems and did see it but can't remember for which one. Oops...

yes its a ps3 issue i have the game on 360 so which is why i never seen it.

#833 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

300 stores vs close to 2000 for target and 9000 walmart its pretty small is all i mean.

#834 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

The pricing for Killer Instinct is pretty great.  $20 for what basically amounts to the full game or $40 for all kinds of extra stuff?  Sounds damn good to me.

Also, I wish they were talking more about Crimson Dragon, especially since it's a launch title now. 

#835 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:21 AM

back on topic about xbox one. xbox one will destroy a semi decent gaming streaming website called twitch with everyone upon everyone trying to stream in low quality heck now 4 has twitch streaming. 

#836 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

back on topic about xbox one. xbox one will destroy a semi decent gaming streaming website called twitch with everyone upon everyone trying to stream in low quality heck now 4 has twitch streaming.

Do you think they will use some of the servers MS has put up? or at least the data centers.

#837 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

Do you think they will use some of the servers MS has put up? or at least the data centers.

i stream once on cod bo 2 and it was god awful and my upload is like 10 mbps which handles streaming fine on pc. It's a must they allow the stream stuff to go right to twitch servers. If they do the thing from your system to psn/live then to twitch server it's going to be pretty delayed and might look bad.

#838 Erad30   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

Twitch was announced for PS4 is well, maybe they've gotten a major cash influx from both MS & Sony to strengthen the servers.

#839 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5985 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

Twitch was announced for PS4 is well, maybe they've gotten a major cash influx from both MS & Sony to strengthen the servers.

ihope so would be cool to stream stuff but i have used jtv/twitch since the start of jtv in 2007 and i don't have much hope till i see how it is once both are out. At this point twitch still has tons of problems which is why i think jtv needs to sell the thing to a company that knows how to run a big website. 

i really wonder if sony droped ustream all together or they will be giving you the option to use ustream/twitch.

#840 Erad30   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

Apparently Fable Legends is ridiculously early, like pre-alpha state. Good news is it already looks cool, but that also means it's probably a late 2015 title at earliest.