Power Rangers Legacy - From MMPR to Megaforce 98(!) DVD Set: $650

DNukem170

Banned
Last edited by a moderator:
Eh. Thanks, but all of the Power Rangers series after SPD took a dive in quality, IMO.

...And couldn't they just put all 98 DVDs in paper sleeves or something and stack them together in the helmet? I dunno. :???:

...And couldn't they just put all 98 DVDs in paper sleeves or something and stack them together in the helmet? I dunno. :???:
Well, a standard DVD case can hold 6 DVDs, max. To fit 98 DVDs, you would need 17 cases. This is more than double the amount of discs in the entire DCAU. More than likely it will be on a spindle, but the helmet has to be freaking huge.

How in the blue hell can they possibly get 98 discs in there? And more importantly, how can they ensure that they won't get scratched to shit during shipping?

I have zero interest in that helmet, because my OCD would not allow it on my shelf, and since I bought the MMPR-LG set that was previously released. I'm going to pretty pissed if they don't release a smaller set of LR-SM, but I really doubt Shout! and Saban would fuck the fans like that.

They will probably release a set of Lightspeed Rescue/Time Force/Wild Force/Ninja Storm/DinoThunder and another one with SPD/Mystic Force/Operation Overdrive/Jungle Fury/RPM.

Might be a while since they just finished MMPR in the single releases.

I'm sure Shout will release them separate, they been cranking out the rest of the single Power Rangers DVD sets, almost monthly as of late, I would expect them to release them separate and maybe 2 more box sets to match those who got the Legacy set.

First of all, the DVDs are stored in slots in the back of the helmet, separated into 10 tins. "The tins are going to look like the Power Coins," Ward explained. "Each one of those tins will hold 10 discs." And as an added bonus, "there are two empty slots for the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie.

Taken from the ign article.

OK, so that's 6 OG Rangers, plus the White Ranger. I guess the other 3 are going to be from Season 3?

That is still a gigantic helmet. May even be life-size.

Holy crap, it IS life size. Dayum.

Part of me is tempted by this. Not only would I not have to wait for the seasons between Lost Galaxy and Samurai, but I would also be able to get Samurai as one set. LionsGate released Super Samurai complete on DVD and Blu-ray, but not OG Samurai. That series is on 5 singles only for some reason.

Then again, I already own the two previous boxsets and already condensed them and put the movies in there.

Holy crap, it IS life size. Dayum.

Part of me is tempted by this. Not only would I not have to wait for the seasons between Lost Galaxy and Samurai, but I would also be able to get Samurai as one set. LionsGate released Super Samurai complete on DVD and Blu-ray, but not OG Samurai. That series is on 5 singles only for some reason.

Then again, I already own the two previous boxsets and already condensed them and put the movies in there.
Now you can only imagine the price.... lol.

Depends on where you buy it from.

And there's no back plate or something? I hope the tins lock in at least. If I am paying multiple hundreds of dollars, I don't want a glorified CD Holder.

Yeah, I honestly can't see this thing going for less than $500. Guess we'll see.
Yeah... Im horrified both by the price and just imagine what it's gonna pop up for on ebay and such... it'll probably be nearly unobtainable after sellout...

Yeah... Im horrified both by the price and just imagine what it's gonna pop up for on ebay and such... it'll probably be nearly unobtainable after sellout...
If you look at Shout Factory's prices for seasons 1-7 it's close to $200! I guess you could always buy 2 in hope of flipping one to pay for the majority of the other one... People will probably get on my case for saying that, it's not like I said buy 20 of them.

Well do we know a price yet? Every single epuisode is streaming and... since Mega Force is still going, it'll likely only go up to the first season of Mega Force.. so it'll be quite incomplete as more power rangers series come out. And what would they do with a future set? Start at Season 2 of Mega Force? I'd get it if it was a.) in a green Ranger Helmet b.) Less than $150 c.) was on Blu ray.

Well do we know a price yet? Every single epuisode is streaming and... since Mega Force is still going, it'll likely only go up to the first season of Mega Force.. so it'll be quite incomplete as more power rangers series come out. And what would they do with a future set? Start at Season 2 of Mega Force? I'd get it if it was a.) in a green Ranger Helmet b.) Less than $150 c.) was on Blu ray.
They confirmed it's only going to be up to Megaforce, not Super Megaforce.

To be fair, we don't know that. They said up to Megaforce, but we don't know if Shout Factory is splitting up Samurai or not, especially since they are using they own pressings and not the currently released Lionsgate discs. Super Megaforce has pretty much wrapped up filming, hasn't it?

There is no way in hell this will be $150. The two boxsets were $200 and only had 7 sets, not to mention that Red Ranger helmet (which they are using instead of the Green Ranger because the Red Ranger is the leader and the most iconic) will probably cost a ton to make.

As for Blu-ray, why don't you go and find all those currently released Power Ranger Blu-rays? Especially on store shelves instead of online. Better yet, why don't you go and find the massive amount of Blu-rays Shout Factory releases?

TV on Blu-ray is still in the far minority. Kids TV on Blu-ray is even rarer. When DVDs no longer exist, then you'll see TV on Blu-ray become dominant.

Well while Red is the leader, the Green Ranger is 100% more iconic. I ask anyone about power rangers and their first instinct is Green or White Ranger. They had the distinction of having their own zords while the power rangers had smaller zords becoming one big one. Dragonzord was almost the same size as Megazord. And casual fans, those who caught smoe episodes and want to say they loved power rangers, always talka bout the green ranger. Not to mention the popularity JDF gets frmo being 5 rangers. If the other Rangers embraced their power rangers pride they too could be making a fortune off their 90 kids show fame.

So while this set is cool, the site seems to say its out december 3rd. No way would all mega force be on dvd and shipping by december 3rd. Did the show not last long? don't power rangers shows often go for a few seasons? This would indicate MegaForce only has like 2 seasons.  If thats the case and its all there well then that is defintely a cool set. But if this sucker goes for like $400, no thanks. I'd pay half that. Otherwise, they're all streaming on Netflix right now. And if the 2 movies aren't included in this set then it's not complete also.

Did an estimate as to how many discs are for each series using current series as a guide.

MMPR S1: 6 discs
MMPR S2: 6 discs
MMPR S3: 5 discs
Zeo: 5 discs
Turbo: 5 discs
In Space: 5 discs
Lost Galaxy: 5 discs
Lightspeed Rescue: 5 discs
Time Force: 5 discs
Wild Force: 5 discs
Ninja Storm: 5 discs
DinoThunder: 5 discs
SPD: 4 discs
Mystic Force: 4 discs
Operation Overdrive: 4 discs
Jungle Fury: 4 discs
RPM: 4 discs
Samurai: 5 discs
Megaforce: 5 discs (assuming same # of episodes as Samurai)
Extras: 6 discs

The post-LSR episodes are tricky since most are around 40 episodes, which is the limit for 4 discs.

Unless they are re-using Lionsgate's singles for the first half of Samurai, this set will include both Megaforce and Super Megaforce.

you left out alien rangers. isnt that after MMPR but before Zeo? that could probably all fit on one disc as i dont think it had more than 1 season

Well while Red is the leader, the Green Ranger is 100% more iconic. I ask anyone about power rangers and their first instinct is Green or White Ranger. They had the distinction of having their own zords while the power rangers had smaller zords becoming one big one. Dragonzord was almost the same size as Megazord. And casual fans, those who caught smoe episodes and want to say they loved power rangers, always talka bout the green ranger. Not to mention the popularity JDF gets frmo being 5 rangers. If the other Rangers embraced their power rangers pride they too could be making a fortune off their 90 kids show fame.

So while this set is cool, the site seems to say its out december 3rd. No way would all mega force be on dvd and shipping by december 3rd. Did the show not last long? don't power rangers shows often go for a few seasons? This would indicate MegaForce only has like 2 seasons. If thats the case and its all there well then that is defintely a cool set. But if this sucker goes for like $400, no thanks. I'd pay half that. Otherwise, they're all streaming on Netflix right now. And if the 2 movies aren't included in this set then it's not complete also.
However, Red Ranger is the face of Season 1. It was used in the Super Legends product line, it was used as the promo figure in the last boxset, and the Zeo-Turbo boxset only used Red Rangers.

Megaforce is 2 seasons, something that all PR series will apparently do now that it is on Nickelodeon.

Fox would likely ask far too much to use their discs and it IS every episode made yet.

I doubt it'll have Super Megaforce... I mean, it's due out at the end of this year and Megaforce has been in hiatus for so long... it's only aired seven episodes at this point...

I kinda doubt it matters much if it airs or not. The episodes themselves are either finished or almost finished filming and if Saban gave the OK to include them, there's not a lot Nickelodeon can do to oppose it.

A lot of this hinges on whether or not Shout Factory is making new discs for Samurai in their usual style or simply reusing Lionsgate's current releases.

I kinda doubt it matters much if it airs or not. The episodes themselves are either finished or almost finished filming and if Saban gave the OK to include them, there's not a lot Nickelodeon can do to oppose it.

A lot of this hinges on whether or not Shout Factory is making new discs for Samurai in their usual style or simply reusing Lionsgate's current releases.
If you watch the youtube video I posted they said they are making their own discs instead of using Lionsgate's.

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that Super Megaforce has been filmed - consindering it wasn't that long ago that the actors were just finding out who was and wasn't in for the reunions.

If you watch the youtube video I posted they said they are making their own discs instead of using Lionsgate's.
Which means either Super Megaforce has been included or Shout Factory is stopping putting 8-10 episodes on each disc. Or Megaforce is its own 40 episode season separate from Super. You can't get to 98 discs otherwise.

Which means either Super Megaforce has been included or Shout Factory is stopping putting 8-10 episodes on each disc. Or Megaforce is its own 40 episode season separate from Super. You can't get to 98 discs otherwise.
I have no idea, hahaha. I wish they were more specific about everything. Hopefully everything gets clarified soon.

Did an estimate as to how many discs are for each series using current series as a guide.

MMPR S1: 6 discs
MMPR S2: 6 discs
MMPR S3: 5 discs
Zeo: 5 discs
Turbo: 5 discs
In Space: 5 discs
Lost Galaxy: 5 discs
Lightspeed Rescue: 5 discs
Time Force: 5 discs
Wild Force: 5 discs
Ninja Storm: 5 discs
DinoThunder: 5 discs
SPD: 4 discs
Mystic Force: 4 discs
Operation Overdrive: 4 discs
Jungle Fury: 4 discs
RPM: 4 discs
Samurai: 5 discs
Megaforce: 5 discs (assuming same # of episodes as Samurai)
Extras: 6 discs

The post-LSR episodes are tricky since most are around 40 episodes, which is the limit for 4 discs.

Unless they are re-using Lionsgate's singles for the first half of Samurai, this set will include both Megaforce and Super Megaforce.
Actually Shout Factory is making their own versions of Samurai,SS, and Megaforce exclusively for the Legacy Set.

Megaforce should only be 2-3 discs since it'll only have 20 episodes and not 40 like Samurai/Super Samurai.

Also, should we assume the god-awful MMPR "remaster" won't appear on this?

Actually Shout Factory is making their own versions of Samurai,SS, and Megaforce exclusively for the Legacy Set.
I wonder if they're going to put in the holiday episodes and the Samurai/RPM teamup, since Lionsgate decided they each needed their own individual (ripoff) releases.

Also, should we assume the god-awful MMPR "remaster" won't appear on this?
I would be shocked if that made it on here.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Power-Rangers-Lightspeed-Rescue-Power-Rangers-Seasons-8-12/18794

Lightspeed Rescue-DinoThunder box set "announced." $175 normal price but DVD Empire has it for $115.
Hmm...definitely need a price on the helmet now. I've already got the first Mega Set, but I've got a friend offering to buy it off of me.

Well, the MMPR boxset is $120 MSRP, while the Zeo-Lost Galaxy set is $130. Add that with the $175 and we get $425. And that is missing the Kalish seasons, RPM, Samurai, and Megaforce. I would add another $200-$250 for those seasons, plus maybe another $50 or so for the bonus discs and helmet, making my final estimate around $675-$725 MSRP for the Legacy Set.

Well, the MMPR boxset is $120 MSRP, while the Zeo-Lost Galaxy set is $130. Add that with the $175 and we get $425. And that is missing the Kalish seasons, RPM, Samurai, and Megaforce. I would add another $200-$250 for those seasons, plus maybe another $50 or so for the bonus discs and helmet, making my final estimate around $675-$725 MSRP for the Legacy Set.
Yeah, I think they'll have the MSRP at $699, but sell it for $499. Just a hunch, but who knows. I just know it's going to be expensive!

bread's done
Back