Newegg Deck Your Dorm - Video Games Sales

airblade said:
Mmm Tera for $20...

I'm probably never going to play it if I buy it.
It's the Collector's Edition :)
Also, it's free to play if you want to try it out. You get a few extras with the C.E.

How do you go from a $200 price tag to $20.
the game must be really crappy.
I personally don't think the C.E. is worth that much. The game itself looks pretty good. A lot of people are enjoying it. Like I said try it out for yourself. It's F2P

That wasn't the original price ever. The CE was released at $79.99. I'm not sure where that $200 is coming from.
Newegg has it's original price being $200. I believe it was more than $79.99 when it first came out because Newegg had it a week or two ago at $99.99.

Thank you very much!  Many websites do not know that Demon Gaze is getting a physical copy at this point.

Still, even though I was down to Ys: Celceta (check) and Etrian Odyssey: Untold (no check), that discount isn't much at all.  I may cancel it in the end and help a GameStop person keep their job.

Just got my PS vita...will order the Ys and likely Demon Gaze as well.

Edit: Agree on the really lousy Newegg discounts my last one from their emails that was a decent discount was Mario & Luigi Dream Team and Shin Megami Tensei 4. They were both for around 9 bucks off which is very decent. These newer ones...like 4 and 5 off...I may as well wait for a game to appear in my Amazon gold box and go from there....not really sure but I can cancel these later. As long as you do separate orders for each item cancellation is very easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much! Many websites do not know that Demon Gaze is getting a physical copy at this point.

Still, even though I was down to Ys: Celceta (check) and Etrian Odyssey: Untold (no check), that discount isn't much at all. I may cancel it in the end and help a GameStop person keep their job.
But even so, you are saving $4 and then almost another $3 in taxes. So basically you have 2 gallons of gas right there. :)

Just got my PS vita...will order the Ys and likely Demon Gaze as well.

Edit: Agree on the really lousy Newegg discounts my last one from their emails that was a decent discount was Mario & Luigi Dream Team and Shin Megami Tensei 4. They were both for around 9 bucks off which is very decent. These newer ones...like 4 and 5 off...I may as well wait for a game to appear in my Amazon gold box and go from there....not really sure but I can cancel these later. As long as you do separate orders for each item cancellation is very easy.
Cancellations are so easy that if you decide to even CLICK on the "cancel" button on NewEgg's page, the order will be immediately canceled if it was a pre-order, no questions ask, no reasons needed. Don't underestimate that cancel button!

Believe me, I did it once just out of curiousity to see what sort of options NewEgg offered, hey don't ask.

I miss the days when preorders were $10-12 off at Newegg. Not worth it anymore.

I miss the days when preorders were $10-12 off at Newegg. Not worth it anymore.
So $7-8 off is bad? Wow. Also, I got KZ Mercenary for $29.99 last year in a preorder. So I actually saved $13 because of there being no tax. I love saving money to buy fuel for my car, but I guess you don't care about saving money. In this economy and gas prices increasing I try to save every dollar.

hmm not enough discount on those vita games to bite, i agree with people who mentioned that, Demons gaze i wasn't even aware of, but it is NISamerica so id think theyd have it through their site or something.

Terra though is a good price. Ive been meaning to check out an MMO. Is this on worth a look? I hear its not bad but the whole free to play thing kinda worries me. Im always afraid of a million little micro transactions to bleed me dry. Id rather just pay a monthly fee or something =P Is the game itself pretty decent? Does this physcal copy give me more characters or aything over the free version (other than the little bonus items)

I meant to try Terra out but was kinda put off by the ridiculous pervyness of it, Every screenshot is some demon looking chick wearing basically nothing, or little loli bunnies in nighties o_O It worries me that theyre trying to cover up bad gameplay with copious amounts of T&A Is it actually fun?

Kenshindono said:
hmm not enough discount on those vita games to bite, i agree with people who mentioned that, Demons gaze i wasn't even aware of, but it is NISamerica so id think theyd have it through their site or something.

Terra though is a good price. Ive been meaning to check out an MMO. Is this on worth a look? I hear its not bad but the whole free to play thing kinda worries me. Im always afraid of a million little micro transactions to bleed me dry. Id rather just pay a monthly fee or something =P Is the game itself pretty decent? Does this physcal copy give me more characters or aything over the free version (other than the little bonus items)

I meant to try Terra out but was kinda put off by the ridiculous pervyness of it, Every screenshot is some demon looking chick wearing basically nothing, or little loli bunnies in nighties o_O It worries me that theyre trying to cover up bad gameplay with copious amounts of T&A Is it actually fun?
I haven't played it yet. Also, Demon Gaze comes out in 2014 according to many sources. They'll have it on their site eventually for sale.

But even so, you are saving $4 and then almost another $3 in taxes. So basically you have 2 gallons of gas right there. :)
Very true indeed. It's still worth it even if I wish it was still another few bucks.

It's not like I can't change my mind later (especially if they do something special with it).

So $7-8 off is bad? Wow. Also, I got KZ Mercenary for $29.99 last year in a preorder. So I actually saved $13 because of there being no tax. I love saving money to buy fuel for my car, but I guess you don't care about saving money. In this economy and gas prices increasing I try to save every dollar.
It's worth it if you buy right away compared to standard price, but usually I wait unless there's a big enough incentive (or a game I think really needs the support).

Last edited:
I haven't played it yet. Also, Demon Gaze comes out in 2014 according to many sources. They'll have it on their site eventually for sale.
Give it a try. Tera is great and Free. There is hardly any benefit to buying the game. It's not a pay to win like others.

bread's done
Back