Extra Life Gaming Charity Event - Team CAG Play Games! Help Kids!

frostybroc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
I didn't see one posted yet, but here we go.

Its a new season for Team CAG and Extra Life Gaming Charity.

WE ARE RECRUITING MEMBERS!!!!!

What is a Extra Life Gaming Charity?
- It's a 24-hour gaming marathon where all the proceeds go to hospitals that are part of the Children's Miracle Network.
- You get to choose the hospital of your choice.

In previous years with Team CAG we:
- have raffles for those who participate with the event with prizes from Naughty Dog, Valve, EPIC Games, and others.
- Have a blast with livestreams, and live tweets of the event.

If love to game, and love to help, this is the event for you!  Check the links below for more information.

Extra Life Gaming Event

Team CAG's Extra Life Page

Children's Miracle Network

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me Frostybroc or the team captain ObsidianSpire.

END OF THE SEASON RAFFLE PRIZES

Like previous years, we've awarded everyone with gifts that we received from the generous donors. This year I will be adding something to the mix. Out of the donations I get from Devs and Publishers, the top two will be allowed to choose their gift out the pot that is available. I will keep a list of what I have so you guys have some motivation to get out and help your chosen hospital. More will be added if not by devs, then by me.

ObsidianSpire's Pot of Goodies

Follow the link to his Google Spreadsheet
Click Here

More Prizes & Raffles to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
This actually works out pretty well for me, work schedule-wise assuming you start at 12am Saturday morning. I don't work till 8am on Sunday. Of course I don't know what will be happening for sure that many months away but intially I am interested.

So how does it work? Do we as a team combine to play for 25 hours or each member plays for 25 hours?

I'm currently playing through my entire steam backlog in alphabetical order and have been livestreaming/recording the playthroughs so I am already good to go in that regard.

Nice, you go for 24 hours. No one is going to get upset if you don't make it or have to do it on another night. Just try to set it up for the same evening so everyone has the chance to play with others if you want. The hardest part is trying to get people to donate to your Extra Life page, but its worth it since its helps kids.

I hope you sign up and join the team.

Naughty Dog came through and sent some items to help us motivate donors & fund raisers. A ton of The Last of Us stuff. I only peeked at the box this morning. 4 regular copies of the game and some hardcover guides. I didn't see whats underneath. Naughty Dog is amazing this is the second year they backed us up.

Hey, frosty, thanks for maintaining this new thread.  Oh, one suggestion though: add some related tags to this thread like Extra Life, charity, giveaway, etc.   We're planning some fun giveaways this year, so look forward to donating and playing with us.  Also, was wondering if folks would want to play some co-op games together during the event?  I'd be interested if I own the game(s). :D

Side question: One of the items I will be giving away is a brand new Ouya with 2 controllers sealed in original box. I was considering an $X (say $10 for example) amount buy in for a raffle, or maybe a lowball bidding war, or have someone just purchase it outright and send the amount to my Extra Life campaign.  What method do you all prefer?

I condone this entirely, and I've been wanting to get into something like this for a long time. If the details work out I would be up for it but we'll have to see.

I just signed up this week and started a team! So excited to be back this year after missing it!

You can find me by going to www.extra-life.org/participant/codywalker83

Good luck to everyone!

Krakrabbit, just raise funds, and get maybe some people from the GW2 guild to join up.

So far I will be having a team CAG drawing. 1 prize will be a copy of the Last of Us game and hardcover guide.

Will try to get more items for motivation from game companies.

Hey Frosty! I'll be back again this year. Haven't set up my page yet, but I'm looking to break $2k this year. Got involved with my local CMN hospital coordinators and I'm gonna be touring the facilities with my son, dropping off some comics and stuff. Not sure if they have a wii or any other game systems but I've got plenty of backlog from my wii that I'd donate there too.

Anyway... I came out of nowhere last year and am looking for a few good CAGs to challenge me :)

Also, last year I never got to play with anyone (I think I had to play on a different night), but I'd really like to get together with some folks and game. I have just about every system/PC rig too, so it'd be great to play with some of you. I really needed it last year between 4am-7am, I ended up finishing Skyrim during the marathon, but I definitely was nodding during those hours. Luckily I had my infant son to keep me awake around 7ish.

Best of luck to everyone again this year. And thanks again to Frosty for coordinating!

Even if you're not interested in The Last Of Us, share the raffle with your friends and make it a competition!  Sharing an opportunity is always free. :D 

https://twitter.com/ObsidianSpy/status/363323548799995906

Look forward to having you back Multi. Also Commander Cody, if you want feel free to join the team, if not Good Luck with Broken Game Society. As corny as it may sound, but everyone is a winner just helping out the kids.

Appreciate the offer Frosty. Not sure why I bothered starting a team ths year. All my friends would rather send people with donations my way.

Maybe it's the pressure of going 24 hours (now 25 hours!). Does everyone else do it straight through? Or break it up into 2 chunks?

Don't think I'm going to do any giveaways at this point unless something falls in my lap.

Some people break it up and others might do the marathon on a weekend that is more convenient for them. No way to tell even if you did the marathon.

Just signed up and joined the team. This will be my 3rd year participating. Thanks for setting up the page frosty. :)

~Smoke7 (Joe B)

Granted it is sometime away, anyone have anything they plan on playing?

For me, Dynasty Warriors 8 getting the Red Hare and War elephant sounds like a mission for that night.

I'll probably pepper in some Borderlands 2 and Halo, but I really want to focus on local games with friends.

Hoping for some fighting games and maybe some NES, SNES, and N64.

Not really sure what I'll be playing through the event. I'm going to try and split up the hours between a few games I haven't started or am in the middle of and work my way through the story and co-op with friends when applicable.

Also, would any of you happen to want to try the Beta out for the new Ridge Racer: Driftopia game on Steam?  I got an email with a code, but I don't really feel interested.  Just post and send me a PM if you're interested.

Took a couple of photos of some of my Naughty Dog games and merch in honor of my newest addition, The Last of Us.  Thanks again, frostybroc and Naughty Dog! 

Also, added your new team pic to mine as well. It's a pretty nice design. :D

9495925157_0976a51152_z.jpg

9498723964_457f199099_z.jpg

Edit: replaced links as they weren't displayed properly for a while.

Yea I will be playing some SWTOR. I am also picking up Splinter Cell:Blacklist, Batman: Arkham Origins, and WWE 2k14.  I will be pretty set for the event. :whee:

~Smoke7

Liking the Naughty Dog prizes. I'm hoping, but not likely the ps4 be released so I can play AC4 or Watchdogs. But if not ill be playing GTA V & Beyond: Two Souls and ME3 (only I the Citadel dlc goes on sale). Looking forward this year as last year I had a rough start and could stop getting sick

Got some free keys for the team pm me so no lurker grabs them

Dead Space 3

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box

Medal of Honor

EDIT: My apologies these are for PC.

So I'm going to have a 2 week giveaway for 1 copy of Payday 2 Career Criminal Edition (Steam/PC version & the Career Criminal edition is not currently available as it was only a Pre-order option).  I will be posting a thread in the giveaway/contest section later today or possibly tomorrow with more details.  I'm probably going to try what Frosty did and have the highest donor win the prize as it seems to attract a slightly better turnout than raffles.  If two or more people donate the same amount, I'll use random.org to decide between them.

Looking at Facebook this morning, it appears Extra Life has raised over $350K so far compared to $50K this time last year.

Can't wait to the totals this year!!!

Payday 2 Contest Link

I added some additional prizes to reward all the donors even if they don't donate the most during this contest.

UPDATED:

Here's a partially completed list of the other potential prizes for donors. I will be updating with some more prizes soon.

Link to spreadsheet of the other possible prizes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoibKjpXf2oBdGxxc3BOYUZmWFQ4UnBibDJNWGRLZ3c&usp=sharing

Rules/How to Win:

The person who donates the highest amount to my Extra Life campaign during the next week or so will recieve the game. After you donate, come back to this thread and post. Let me know what sort of prizes, games, etc. would make you interested in donating to help charity! If two or more people have donated the same overall amount, I will use random.org to determine the winner and this essentially becomes a raffle.  All donors who are not the highest donor will receive a prize from my Steam inventory or 1-2 spare Steam keys. I will update this post later tonight with some of the other potential prizes available.

No donors yet for the current Payday contest. I'm hoping people will donate soon as it's only a few days from the end date. 

Also, I received around 12 signed copies of Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad from Tripwire Interactive.  I'm thinking of doing a raffle for half of the copies and the other half will go to the top donors.  What do you all think?  I will take pictures once I get home tonight. 

UPDATED W/ PICS & fixed editing issue:

9617242379_1a38c8d85a_c.jpg

9617249805_0b9bb9c16f_c.jpg

I've had to reschedule my play date for Extra Life to a week earlier (Oct. 26/27) due to work.

I'm still trying to drum up some donations, but it's been slow going. I did a share contest on Facebook ($1 for every share) and raised almost $40!

Anyone doing work with CMN Hospitals for Extra Life? I got an email about a St. Louis meetup, but I have work.

I also got my shirt in the mail from Extra Life:
5871A03D-3D06-4B8D-A325-194D02D8BF7B-346-0000001F6E4F5C53_zpsfef64772.jpg

^^ Cool shirt, glad they got them out early this year.  I didn't receive mine until after the event last year.  Finally registered!  Been a busy summer, we purchased our first house and just moved in about 2 weeks ago, and July and August were crazy busy months for us.  Including a stolen car, vacation and packing my entire comic book, literature and video game collection...  Out of all 3, the last was actually the most stressful and time consuming!

Anyway, finally gotten a bit settled in the new digs and I'm gonna send some pics of the "man cave" on the show us your collection thread if anyone else lurks through that thread (I did for a while to get some ideas, and would love to do some of the custom work I've seen, but our half finished basement is like pressboard walls with aluminum studs so hanging anything heavier than a poster is a pain).

So I set a stretch goal of $1750 this year.  Honestly I never even anticipated getting to my goal of $500.  Especially since I only raised funds for a month.  My only tip is follow through.  Don't be an ass, but keep in contact with folks, friends and family made up 70% of my donations.  Plus it helps that my wife works at our CMN Hospital.  I may actually tour it this year, which I wanted to last year, but Extra Life coincides with their yearly gala which gets a lot more than my $1500...

Best of luck to everyone.  Not sure what I'm going to play this year.  I have so many options since I finally got back into PC gaming.  But I'll probably hit up an RPG or maybe finally logging some hours in GW2 or Secret World.  Plus... GTAV... but, that's jumping to the front of the backlog next week.

Well, I'm a little busy this week, but this weekend I'll start a thread for the signed Red Orchestra 2 copies.  It will probably last till the end of the month and I think the combo of top donors and a raffle will be appealing. :)  It's good to see more people joining and raising funds.

I think I never received my shirt last year since I raised my $200 closer to the end of the year. Ah well, this year's looks pretty cool. :D

Oh, forgot to mention this last time. If any of the Team CAG members or anyone who's donated to a Team CAG's Extra Life wants a Playstation Plus 1 month trial code, I have 5 available. You need to have or put a credit card on your account to redeem, but you can remove it and cancel the automatic payment option right after redeeming.

I summarized the conditions they imposed above, but this describes them in more detail.

LEGAL

A credit card is required to redeem your PlayStation®Plus 30-day trial, but you will receive this trial without charge. Unless you cancel your subscription at least one day prior to the end of the 30-day trial, your trial will automatically convert to a 3 Month PlayStation Plus subscription, and $17.99 will automatically be deducted from your Network wallet according to the Terms of Service and User Agreement. This 3 Month subscription will continue and automatically renew until you cancel it. You may cancel your subscription via the account management on your Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") account or by contacting customer support at 877-971-7669. PlayStation®Plus is only available to legal U.S. and Canadian residents with a SEN account who are 18 years or older. Code expires 9/13/2013. The approximate value of the Code is $0.00 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash or credit, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged.

The RO2 contest thread is up. Here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319809-donate-to-extra-life-win-one-of-12-signed-red-orchestra-2-copies/

Let me know if anyone has any questions about the rules/prizes, etc.

Oh, forgot to mention this last time. If any of the Team CAG members or anyone who's donated to a Team CAG's Extra Life wants a Playstation Plus 1 month trial code, I have 5 available. You need to have or put a credit card on your account to redeem, but you can remove it and cancel the automatic payment option right after redeeming.

I summarized the conditions they imposed above, but this describes them in more detail.

LEGAL

A credit card is required to redeem your PlayStation®Plus 30-day trial, but you will receive this trial without charge. Unless you cancel your subscription at least one day prior to the end of the 30-day trial, your trial will automatically convert to a 3 Month PlayStation Plus subscription, and $17.99 will automatically be deducted from your Network wallet according to the Terms of Service and User Agreement. This 3 Month subscription will continue and automatically renew until you cancel it. You may cancel your subscription via the account management on your Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") account or by contacting customer support at 877-971-7669. PlayStation®Plus is only available to legal U.S. and Canadian residents with a SEN account who are 18 years or older. Code expires 9/13/2013. The approximate value of the Code is $0.00 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash or credit, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged.

Just wanted to share some good news. Received my first donation for the RO2 contest from the [50pc.] clan on the Tripwire Interactive forums.  They put me well over my goal, so here's hoping we manage to break our team goal early this year!

Had a good weekend and challenged myself to make some difficult games in a short amount of time.  It's called a Game Jam and I made a puzzle simulation sort of game about doctors trying to diagnose their patients with the given information from observations and their patient as well as the scans and tests they can perform.

RE: Red Orchestra 2 copies. Still have around 8-9 days for donations. 11 more copies are unclaimed at this point!

So I just sent out the round of PM's for CAGs who won a signed RO2 copy.  I am missing one contact email/username for http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=47869

If Nick Varrasse could contact me via a PM, I can get a signed copy sent to his Donor Diane Parker or someone else of her choosing.  If she would like to pick something else out of my digital prize bag, that is also fine. Please just send me a PM with that information.

Also, one of my Steam friends was asking me if any member of Team CAG are planning on streaming their marathons? If you are, let us know ahead of time and we can maybe organize some multiplayer or co-op and keep your stream lively. :)

Sony is doing an Extra-Life promotion where they are giving away some games and PS Plus memberships for people who sign up for Extra-Life and raise money.  Im not sure why they waited till a month before the date to start this but its pretty cool that they are doing this.

All you have to do is register and select Playstation under the "Join a Movement option" or if you are already registered for Extra-Life just use this link http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1056

Ah crap. I read about the Extra Life charity from the PS Blog today and wanted to be proactive and created a Team CAG for everyone over at the PS3 Gamesharing thread. Little did I think to do a search first to see if one already existed. Can we merge? People have already started donating.

This is ours in case you guys were interested.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=12534

bread's done
Back