50% off in-stock Strategy Guides at GameStop - Ends 7/31/13

Weird

skitch.png

Yeah, somethings wrong with the site, I am now getting the same problem as Dahk. As soon as I log into my account, it reverts back to just the 10% off for PowerUp.

Edit- I just checked out as a guest, and put in my PowerUp card at the end to use my credit and it worked fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Legendary Skyrim Collector Edition and The last of us Collectors Edition for about 37.xx after half off and 10% percent off PUR!

This is in store as well.  I saw a whole bin full of guides in my local GS today.  Including a bunch of hardcover collectors editions of different guides.

Ooh, this should (hopefully) work on the Saint's Row IV guide after it releases on 7/26.

Otherwise, I'll probably pick up the Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and DKCR 3D guides the next time I stop at a GS.

EDIT: Nevermind, the SR IV guide doesn't release for another month according to Amazon. I wonder why GS has such a different release date?

Is there still an automatic PUR promotion at gamestop where if you buy a preowned game along with a strategy guide, you save 10% off of the strategy guide? I remember buying Dark Souls CE guide and Soul Calibur V CE guide for $4.49 each when they dropped to $4.99.

Is there still an automatic PUR promotion at gamestop where if you buy a preowned game along with a strategy guide, you save 10% off of the strategy guide? I remember buying Dark Souls CE guide and Soul Calibur V CE guide for $4.49 each when they dropped to $4.99.
pro member edge card gives you automatic extra 10% off for guides, iicr

Bought The Last of Us guide, even though I've already went through the game once on normal. Loved the game, and will probably go through again, so this will be nice to go through and see anything I missed.

Then how the heck am I supposed to get 10% off if I can't enter my PUR #?

Only want Last of Us Collectors Edition but it's not online, will check a few store in the coming days.

Thanks Cheapy, I was able to track down a Ni No Kuni hardcover.  Girl scanned it first and said it was still $40 but I hoped it would just kick in a promo which it did.  50% plus Pro = $17.99.  Score.  

Picked up hardcover Skyrim Legendary guide.  Had to log out (and use incognito mode) to get the 50% because the 10% PUR was overriding it.

This is also working in store. Got the last copy of the last of us collectors edition. Not sure if the guy messed up, but it only cost $14.

They took 10 percent off the full price, then half off, then 10 percent off the sale price.

My best buy would price match, but only the price that gamestop had online minus the 50 percent, and only if they had the guide in stock. :/

Well BB doesn't PM gamestop...so dammit.  I really wish I picked this up when BB had it on sale.  I hate giving GS any business.

Well BB doesn't PM gamestop...so dammit. I really wish I picked this up when BB had it on sale. I hate giving GS any business.
They do if they are a local competitor.

However, this deal doesn't list prices straight up on the website, so that in itself is ymmv.

Just a heads up.....I went in to Gamestop to pick up a few guides today and was still able to get the extra 10% off even though I am not a PUR member....

Maximized my discount yesterday at GS. Picked up Ni No Kuni (29.99) plus the guide (39.99) and paid a total of 49.88 (with tax) out the door.

10% applied off original price.
50% applied off discounted price above
20% (buy guide with game) applied after

Total savings was 23.80.

Thanks for mentioning this deal. I just picked up The Last of Us guide for $8.99.

bread's done
Back