Gears of War Judgment - Pre-Order DLC Characters - Cheap/Free on Xbox Marketplace

I knew they added the new skins/characters but didn't know that Alex brand was free, so I got that one, don't really care about the others.

wow, I am glad I never paid for alex brand...
Back when the game came out I paid $6 for Alex Brand since I was playing a lot of MP on Gears Judgment. A lot of people paid WAY more, I saw this going on eBay for avg. $17- $30+ when the game first came out, and all 4 bundled were near equal to the cost of the actual game (and people actually bought them). Regardless, it's good that other people can get the pre-order characters added to the few limited MP characters they have on that game, at least they're cheaper than those ridiculous ebay/amazon prices.

I would truly get this (Yes Im a big sucker for having ALL the multiplayer charcters), but A. I don't have Judgement and B. I don't plan on getting the game till its less than $15. All I hear is pretty much negatives things.

Never the less, thank you OP for the Alex Brand dlc.

If you are in the Beta, it is now showing up in the game marketplace as well under Add-Ons (Gears of War Judgment). I tried buying it on xbox.com and no luck since the website is still under the Microsoft Points land so try on your xbox 360 instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would truly get this (Yes Im a big sucker for having ALL the multiplayer charcters), but A. I don't have Judgement and B. I don't plan on getting the game till its less than $15. All I hear is pretty much negatives things.

So why not just get them now ahead of time while you have the money/msp and you'll be prepared and ready to go when you do get the game? Not like they're going to go down in price any time soon. By the time it hits the $15 spot, multiplayer will be really dead and all you'll have is campaign to hold you over. You can do some trade ins at best buy or gamestop and build up credit quick also or check craigslist or maybe even the cag marketplace

Everyone saw this coming lol. Knew I shouldn't have used my code(s). I don't even play this awful game anymore, just disgraces the gears franchise.

So why not just get them now ahead of time while you have the money/msp and you'll be prepared and ready to go when you do get the game? Not like they're going to go down in price any time soon. By the time it hits the $15 spot, multiplayer will be really dead and all you'll have is campaign to hold you over. You can do some trade ins at best buy or gamestop and build up credit quick also or check craigslist or maybe even the cag marketplace
The game won't hit that price point till next year and im currently busy with a pretty big backlog. With GTA, Batman, Madden, and Black Friday all coming within the next couple of months I rather save my money for things that matter. Honestly, Anya is the only character that I would really want to buy.

The game won't hit that price point till next year and im currently busy with a pretty big backlog. With GTA, Batman, Madden, and Black Friday all coming within the next couple of months I rather save my money for things that matter. Honestly, Anya is the only character that I would really want to buy.
If you have played the other gears games, IMO I wouldn't even bother with the game. They just have changed so much that it doesn't even feel like gears anymore. I went back to gears 3.However, it seems to be a love/hate opinion. I would rent if possible.

Too bad this game is basically dead numbers-wise. There's like 3k people spread out among 40 playlists.

I played a few rounds of GoW 3 just a couple of nights ago and it consistently has held up 5K players for TDM. The fact that there are more players on the previous game over the current game tells you a lot. Cliffy B. left the company before the game came out. It's no wonder why. Epic took a huge shit on the franchise and went for the cash grab.

I imagine MS won't give up on Gears just yet. But I'm very skeptical when people bring up Gears as a Xbox exclusive franchise as if it's something to boast about anymore.

Thanks OP

lol (I actually laughed out loud). Fail... but we'll let it slide because it might be late at night and you might be a little tired.
Why lol? 62t actually provided the link here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/317290-gears-of-war-judgment-pre-order-dlc-characters-cheapfree-on-xbox-marketplace/#entry10919370 . Not sure what is fail about asking for a link to the item(s) in the OP.

EDIT: OK, Now I see it! Alex Brand already is linked. Geez! Links are not distinguishable on white theme...

EDIT 2; Thanks OP. Got the freebie.

Thanks OP.  I'm still waiting on the right price for this game, but it's nice to know I already have some DLC ready to go when I pick it up. 

I downloaded the free one,  just so i can kinda take money out of there pockets,  Judgment is the worst gears game in the series and i found it kinda insulting that they would even release it.  Been a huge gears player since 1.  Judgment was a huge cash in.  Gears 3 is leap and bound better then the trash judgment is.

Thanks OP. I managed to get them with some left over MSP I have been saving from a previous promo. I agree with the rest of the people on here GoWJ wasn't all that good. I mean the character selection screen reminded me of Borderlands the way it looked. Not to mention the way they have multiplayer set up and the control lay out. I thought it was going to be good so I bought the Season Pass at GameStop and ended up using the 1600MSP on something else. I played a few games of multiplayer when it first came out. Havent touched it since. The Breechshot/Sawed Off Combo is what killed multiplayer for me. I knew when IGN said Cliff and Rod both left Epic Games it was time to flush. I mean its pretty bad when GOW3 has more players than GOWJ.

Thanks ^ I grabbed it.

I still have a Jungle Tai code for trade if anyone wants. Looks like it's the only one available by code only.

I'll take almost anything for it, but preferably 100msp

I see everyone talking about how this game was "such a disappointment" and just had to come in here and disagree.  It plays differently than the previous Gears, but it is certainly not bad in the least.  I like that the weapon switching is mapped to Y and not the d-pad for more precise weapon swapping.  Everyone starts with a grenade of their choice which can be used in conjunction with the play style you prefer.  The characters controlled far better.

The campaign was a mix of horde and traditional campaign with modifiers to freshen it up.  Overrun is a great TEAM mode.  As a Gears head since 1 hit the shelves, it takes some time to reprogram 6-7 years of muscle memory.  But once you do, you'll find the game is very solid. The only knock I had against it was the limited map selection.  Those who are interested, and open to some changes, should check it out for sure. :)

I've enjoyed the game. Sure, I think GoW 3 was better, but judgement is still a lot of fun, especially trying all the challenges in co-op :)

Glad i sold off my DLC characters when the game launched... they almost always release them later :D

Thanks ^ I grabbed it.

I still have a Jungle Tai code for trade if anyone wants. Looks like it's the only one available by code only.

I'll take almost anything for it, but preferably 100msp
I want it but how do I get you a code for 100MSP. I have a 14 Day Trial of XBL from Halo 4 if you want that. I just have to dig it out first. I keep all of my cases in storage because my shelf broke and its in one of the cases.

The game is awesome. I recommend it.

bread's done
Back