- - - - -

Non Gamestop gaming stores in the Philadelphia Area

#1 drjones83   Living the dream... CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

Hey all,

Looking for to hit up some stores around the Philly area that's not game stop. Anyone know of any?

#2 aShufflinZombie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

aShufflinZombie

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

There's a place in drexel hill (state road and township line) that sells games but I don't think there are others except play n trades.

#3 drjones83   Living the dream... CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

Thanks. I'll have to take a look. The play and trade in franklin mills mall closed recently and was looking for alternatives.

#4 aShufflinZombie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

aShufflinZombie

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

The one in Drexel hill has games and systems from each generation but only current gen games have really good pricing.

#5 drjones83   Living the dream... CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Yea that seems to be the way with pricing with older gens in stores. There was a game store in franklin mills that had a bunch of nes/ snes games but higher then eBay prices. Thanks again

#6 philamark   sudoku addict CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

philamark

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

hey drjones83,

I wonder what happened to that game store in Franklin Mills, I used to like checking it out. Sometimes I would find some obscure stuff there. There's a store in Somerton on Bustleton Avenue between Byberry and Hendrix called Game Fixx. It's in an old house right on Bustleton (parking in the back). There's also a store in downtown Bristol called Game Zombie, but they only carry older stuff, I think I saw 3 PS3 games last time I was there, but hundreds of PS2 games. There's alot of good game stores in South Jersey, but I don't know if you're interested in crossing the bridge.

#7 BigDumbHippy   I love you CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BigDumbHippy

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

There's a great retro store in Glenside, a block from the train station called Classic Game Junkie. The guy who owns it is pretty cool. There's a big display case of old stuff and he sells and repairs every system. He deals mostly in the old stuff but has a decent selection of new stuff.