* * * * * 20 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

gabenfunbux cardz steam steam deals steam cards pc

#3331 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

I was hunting around for the missing Daily Deal and found this:

Weeklong Deal:

Slam Bolt Scrappers & Go Home Dinosaurs! -75% $14.99 $3.74 (cards for GHD)

Ends August 26th 

yea same here i was using steam db saw it thought it was dially deal an saw it weeklong im like oh

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#3332 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

Nice find. There are 8 cards/4 drops for Go Home Dinosaurs and the card prices are pretty good. If you're lucky and don't lowball your card prices, you should get about $1-$1.25.

I thought that was pretty slick, too, until I saw the pace at which its cards are selling.  :drool:

It's viable at 4 AM lol (20 hours ago) 6 sold at $0.33 for one of the cards. Many others that sold were drastic undercuts or suspiciously sold for more than the minimum.

Very nice find regardless.

People aren't posting tips lately: Louiedog has an aerosol hangover some days, MustardNannyTwirl is lazy and Foxxxx & Spoder have passed. Fox wolfed down Spoder, so that's what befell that asshole. Fox later succumbed to massive quantities of venom in an apparent murder-suicide. He and his grandmother will be missed.

Decorum and austerity significantly increase usefulness in this thread.

What's in my trunk?

white             girl

#3333 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

People aren't posting tips lately: Louiedog sleeps-in some days, MustardNannyTwirl is lazy, Foxxxx and Spoder are dead, etc.

I saw it, but didn't really think it was note worthy. For one Slam Bolt Scrappers was in a Groupees bundle, so most probably have it, and Go Home Dinos has been cheaper on it's own.

And it was Sunday, so I'm allowed to be lazy... :drool:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#3334 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Just lock them up under the stairs... works year round.

TV-pets---Spot--Munsters-jpg_13510907944

better have that alibi

tumblr_majjqhA3B11qc1sduo1_500.jpg

I saw it, but didn't really think it was note worthy. For one Slam Bolt Scrappers was in a Groupees bundle, so most probably have it, and Go Home Dinos has been cheaper on it's own.

And it was Sunday, so I'm allowed to be lazy... :drool:

Nah, you're like a war veteran or a made man at this point.

What's in my trunk?

white             girl

#3335 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:24 AM

I was hunting around for the missing Daily Deal and found this:

Weeklong Deal:

Slam Bolt Scrappers & Go Home Dinosaurs! -75% $14.99 $3.74 (cards for GHD)

Ends August 26th 

Not bad. Slam Bolt Scrappers is a nice little head-to-head action Tetris inspired puzzle game (no online play, though), and Go Home Dinosaurs is supposed to be a pretty solid tower defense. With the card money back, if you want both games and happened to miss SBS when it was in a Groupees, I'd recommend the pack.

bZ2g3eF.png

#3336 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

Not bad. Slam Bolt Scrappers is a nice little head-to-head action Tetris inspired puzzle game (no online play, though), and Go Home Dinosaurs is supposed to be a pretty solid tower defense. With the card money back, if you want both games and happened to miss SBS when it was in a Groupees, I'd recommend the pack.

GHD is alright. I liked it a lot at first, but after a while it became pretty obvious it was a basic iOS game to start.

It has some cool ideas like the towers fitting into the board in tetris like shapes, but then theres stuff like the fact you can't remove towers and that you are often force to rely on a specific loadout do to the scarcity of coconuts (those 8 coconut cards can go screw themselves). Not being able to upgrade your towers also makes it feel like an overly simplified version of TD (maybe intentional, but I got bored after a short while because of it). There is also a rather big difficulty spike early on, which I found annoying.

That said it is still a fun game with a lot of charm, and I can see most people enjoying it for at least the first world (it doesn't have the greatest staying power). If you only have a cursory interest in TD games though or dislike high pitched animals making pop culture references on the side, you probably won't get much out of it (aside from the cardz obviously ;) ).

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#3337 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

TV-pets---Spot--Munsters-jpg_13510907944

better have that alibi

tumblr_majjqhA3B11qc1sduo1_500.jpg

Nah, you're like a war veteran or a made man at this point.

llol mind link

I thought that was pretty slick, too, until I saw the pace at which its cards are selling.  :drool:

It's viable at 4 AM lol (20 hours ago) 6 sold at $0.33 for one of the cards. Many others that sold were drastic undercuts or suspiciously sold for more than the minimum.

Very nice find regardless.

People aren't posting tips lately: Louiedog sleeps-in some days, MustardNannyTwirl is lazy, Foxxxx and Spoder are dead, etc.

fox got zombifeid spoder got xenofied mustard gone wild louie dog is prototype the new breed of humans so he saving the world

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

#3338 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

fox got zombifeid spoder got xenofied mustard gone wild louie dog is prototype the new breed of humans so he saving the world

Imma go ahead and say someone's going to point me out when they see xenofied ;)

#3339 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10465 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

GetGamesGo has some Sonic sale going.  No idea how good it is since it's not a franchise I play.

They also have Serious Sam 3: BFE Seriously Digital edition for five bucks.  I know there was a SS Humble Sale recently but don't recall if this edition was included in it.

#3340 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1656 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

GetGamesGo has some Sonic sale going.  No idea how good it is since it's not a franchise I play.

Thanks for the heads up, but that's not a good sale. GGG's collection for $32.11 has only 10 games, all of which are included in Steam's Sonic Hits Collection, which has 17 totals titles at a regular price of $29.99 (and once glitched for $7.50. Still kicking myself for hesitating on that b*tch).

#3341 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up, but that's not a good sale. GGG's collection for $32.11 has only 10 games, all of which are included in Steam's Sonic Hits Collection, which has 17 totals titles at a regular price of $29.99 (and once glitched for $7.50. Still kicking myself for hesitating on that b*tch).

at least u had chance i was screwed never got chance to see the gltich was at cousin house  for fourth of july 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#3342 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6732 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

at least u had chance i was screwed never got chance to see the gltich was at cousin house for fourth of july

God bless 'murrica

#3343 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

God bless 'murrica

im kdding more my parents didnt give me chance oh welll wee have to many steam glitch and too much backlogs so ew

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#3344 ZhengMaster  

ZhengMaster

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm new to CAGS and was wondering where do I post things like, I have an extra copy of Rome 2 Gift for Steam that I'm trying to get rid of for $40 or extra copy of The Bureau Gift that I'm also trying to get rid of for $35?

#3345 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10465 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up, but that's not a good sale.

I'm not surprised -- GGG isn't exactly known for awesome sales.  But I'm not a Sonic fan to have a reference for other packs/sales so thought I'd at least toss it out to be judged.

And it was found... wanting.  But not wanted. :D

#3346 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'm new to CAGS and was wondering where do I post things like, I have an extra copy of Rome 2 Gift for Steam that I'm trying to get rid of for $40 or extra copy of The Bureau Gift that I'm also trying to get rid of for $35?

Try here: http://www.cheapassg...before-posting/ :)

#3347 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1656 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

im kdding more my parents didnt give me chance oh welll wee have to many steam glitch and too much backlogs so ew

No such thing, my well-spoken friend. In related news, Tim Tebow threw for a negative yard in Friday's preseason game.

#3348 cranky2   Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Tim Tebow threw for a negative yard in Friday's preseason game.

Most of his highlight plays in his career started off negative yards - that's just the nature of the game, you're a genius if the play works, or a dud if it doesn't.

I like cheese.

#3349 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

Most of his highlight plays in his career started off negative yards - that's just the nature of the game, you're a genius if the play works, or a dud if it doesn't.

everyone should know tebow 4th coach reallly hurts and had lost season with jets 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#3350 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5646 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

Today's deal is Wanderlust: Rebirth at 75% off ($1.99 or $6.24 for 4-pack)

#3351 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Free Week

ORION: Dino Horde - $14.99 $3.74 (4-Pack - $44.99 $11.24)

#3352 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

1-7 passing for -1 yard, not a single play for a negative yard. It's a compilation of awfulness and he needs to give up on being a QB. He would make a good tight end/h back type guy.

#3353 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

Free Week

me like it anniversy is what the sale for and ther sale on other stuff wargame airland of orcs and man and blood bowl chaso ediiton

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#3354 spoderman  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Ravaged is now called Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse. Having Zombie Apocalypse in the title makes it infinitely better.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#3355 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Has anyone tried Wanderlust?

The look reminds me of Zenonia, but the listing mentions both Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, which play completely different from eachother.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#3356 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Has anyone tried Wanderlust?

The look reminds me of Zenonia, but the listing mentions both Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, which play completely different from eachother.

I tried the demo some months ago. I found it really boring. I don't know why people compare it with Chrono Trigger or SoM. Is really far from both

#3357 indef  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Free Week

Holy crap, I usually don't put much stock into metacritic scores, but it's a rarity to see such consensus between critic/user scores.

#3358 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Ravaged is now called Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse. Having Zombie Apocalypse in the title makes it infinitely better.

Do they really think adding zombies to the game is going to get people to want to play it?

Who am I kidding...of course it will.

#3359 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

Didn't see it mentioned yet but they formalized this week's "Weeklong Deals" into the actual sales heading "Games from Paris".

http://store.steampo...ames_From_Paris

There are a few others not listed on this page as well (such as Bad Rats!)

#3360 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

Okay I bought Hate Plus at full price 10% off. My CAG card is officially revoked.

In my defense, I bought it with Cardz moniez and will actually play it when I get home tonight.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385