* * * * * 20 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

gabenfunbux cardz steam steam deals steam cards pc

#7501 Necrotron   Now with strawberry! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

So, would it be worth 3 playthroughs, just to see everyone's special area? That was my original plan, until I became sidetracked by Mark of the Ninja.

I thought it was fun seeing each person's area, yeah, new writing, new puzzles, etc..  But it doesn't stop replaying other characters parts from feeling like '...but I already did this one.'

#7502 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

So, would it be worth 3 playthroughs, just to see everyone's special area? That was my original plan, until I became sidetracked by Mark of the Ninja.

I played through it three times and thought it was worth it. It's pretty easy to breeze through the parts you've already played so it doesn't take to much time to replay the parts you've already seen. Each of the characters areas are pretty great, though I wish they'd made it so the number of characters matched up with the amount you play with so you didn't have to replay them as well (7 characters, but you can only take 3, so the final run you have to repeat two areas. 6/9 characters would have been a better choice I think).

With games like this w/multiple endings I wait to replay it later, like w/fallout new vegas I'm going to make different choices next time I play it, sometime next year maybe. If it's a game I don't like enough to replay I just youtube it. No use going through all the trouble replaying the game, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see the different endings.

Normally I do this too, but subsequent playthroughs of The Cave only take 2-4 hours so I was just going to bang out each character. Then I found out there are good and bad endings and just said to heck with it...I might play it again sometime, but not for a while.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#7503 TheLongshot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2441 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

TheLongshot

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

I played through The Cave once, and I was unimpressed by it enough that I didn't find it worth playing through it again to see everyone's story.

Posted Image

#7504 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10313 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

so I was just going to bang out each character.

:-

My mind, where is it...

Sleed neep.

#7505 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5224 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Some new old games on Steam this morning. . .  Jack Orlando and Enclave. I wonder whether we'll get Steam keys from Bundlestars and Groupees respectively.

Also I saw no one mentioned the Fables game being available for pre-order. I'm not big on pre-orders, but I hope Telltale has sorted out the issue with The Walking Dead where it loses your save file every time you update with a new episode.

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#7506 Eldredpe   Disconcerted CAGiversary!   2560 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

I enjoyed The Cave a lot, but became pretty annoyed at having to play it five times minimum to see the different endings :joystick:

Why do you have to do it five times?

I thought it just required three?

#7507 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

borderlands daily daily deal incoming. really what the point of xcom being daily deal if it going to be 75% off the whole weekend? could have use dailly for something else 2k ccan suck my ass

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#7508 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Why do you have to do it five times?

I thought it just required three?

There are seven characters each with a good and bad ending, so one the first two playthroughs you get one ending for each character, then the third get the first ending for the final character along with the other ending for the other two you bring, then finish off the other five endings in your next two playthroughs.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#7509 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10313 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

borderlands daily daily deal incoming

Booo, no DLC on sale.  I want my sexy Learned Siren.

Sleed neep.

#7510 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

gearbox 2k no wnats anyone money lol 

really what the point of xcom being daily deal if it going to be 75% off the whole weekend? could have use dailly for something else 2k ccan suck my ass. that also is it me or xcom still 75% offf because that useless dailly deal cmon 2k u drunk?

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#7511 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Daily Deal

Surgeon Simulator 2013 - $9.99 $3.39 [-66%]

2K Weekend Deal of the Day

Borderlands 2 - $29.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59; $7.65 Each) [-66%]

Borderlands: Game of the Year$29.99 $7.49 Four Pack - $89.97 $22.48; $5.62 Each) [-75%]

#7512 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20208 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Someone should send me a Surgeon Simulator coupon that stacks.  Do those exist?

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#7513 therealdeal19   GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!! CAGiversary!   1111 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

therealdeal19

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Surgeon Simulator any good? It looks pretty interesting in a humorous way. 

1050619.png

#7514 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Voted YES as fast as I could find the button! It's crazy that Treasure has to go through the Greenlight process.  :whee:

Hey, Greenlight is all about egalitarianism. Treasure and teams composed of uninspired, ringtone slobs are EQUAL.

8-[

Please, Neuro, I have a bad heart.

And black lungs but who's counting? Me. I have 2.

It has aliens now, just like a real American ER. The authenticity is staggering.

Since this is a doctor sim and all, you get to Fuck with people until you amass a fortune. And then you Fuck with people afterward merely because you're a bad person.

edit: 10+ edits. I am sharp.

What's in my trunk?

white             girl

#7515 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4477 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Not sure if someone mentioned this already but it appears they may be patching GFWL out of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City GOTY editions. This guy has been watching those two games plus Bioshock 2. http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=619976 Unfortunately my Arkham City is not the GOTY edition. :(

Well, everyone who had Bioshock 2 got upgraded with the DLC.  Maybe the same thing will happen with the Batman games.

I picked up Virtua Tennis for $2.40 from GMG in the summer sale.  If anyone wants to play a match or two, hit me up.

#7516 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2618 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

It's good for the fun times of trying to saw through a person with your character's hand at ridiculous angles. Worth the $3 in Steam cards I put for it last sale.

14273.png

#7517 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

adventurebundlesale_email_us.jpg

Why did Gamefly start acting cool recently??

GFDOCT20 = 20% PROMO (prices below include code)

$43.98 Assassin's Creed Collection:

Assassin's Creed Director's Cut

Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

$23.19 Tome Reader/Womb Raider Collection:

• Tomb Raider (1996)
  • Tomb Raider II
  • Tomb Raider III
  • Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
  • Tomb Raider: Chronicles
  • Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
  • Tomb Raider: Legend
  • Tomb Raider: Anniversary
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld
  • Tomb Raider (2012)

What's in my trunk?

white             girl

#7518 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Gamefly: Everything XCOM (except The Bureau) is 75% + 20% promo

EU: $8

Slingshot: $1.59

Elite Soldier $1

Classic XCOMs are $1 each

What's in my trunk?

white             girl

#7519 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10313 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

For those that don't check their activity feed...

:bouncy:
Sleed neep.

#7520 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Holy crap. they're putting Titans in these things :hot: 

#7521 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10313 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Holy crap. they're putting Titans in these things :hot:

That was my exact first thought. Holy crap, indeed.
Sleed neep.

#7522 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5604 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

They've certainly stated their plans more clearly, which is probably something they should have done from the outset. I think this will help more people realize that the Steam Machine is meant as a console alternative and not as a replacement for everyone's current PC.

This is clearly a shot across the bow of Sony and Microsoft stating "We've got a machine for the living room that will always allow you to carry over your library from one generation to the next. We've got services that are free and friendly to the consumer. We have awesome sales and reasonably priced games. We don't necessarily need you."

#7523 MnemnocH   Cupcakes! CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

So I went digging through the backlog for a short, fun game after GTA V and found The Cave. It's Double Fine at it's classic hilarity. Basically you explore a talking cave with 3 of the 7 characters at a time. The Cave taunts you when you die, but death has no penalties, you just respawn near the puzzle. Each character has an area with puzzles based on who they are. The knight has a castle with a dragon, the hillbilly has a carnival with games/puzzles etc. It is an easy game, but anyone who likes the visuals and writing of Double Fine should definitely think about playing this when you need a light game to break things up.

I caved and move this on top of the backlog. Thanks for the recommendation.

3dMark                                                         Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   855108.png

#7524 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm feeling more and more emasculated as the specs and requirements of the future are gradually revealed.

3:52 PM EDT: My penis is soft.

What's in my trunk?

white             girl

#7525 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

I'm feeling more and more emasculated as the specs and requirements of the future are gradually revealed.

3:52 PM EDT: My penis is soft.

Um.....THIS  :-$

TMI__Too_much_Information_by_nerdcandy4u

#7526 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Well, everyone who had Bioshock 2 got upgraded with the DLC.  Maybe the same thing will happen with the Batman games.

I picked up Virtua Tennis for $2.40 from GMG in the summer sale.  If anyone wants to play a match or two, hit me up.

Yeah I was thinking that if we're really lucky that maybe they would upgrade regular owners to the GOTY editions of each game. I have GOTY of Asylum but I have regular for City and paid for a lot of the DLC also.

You can power a high end gaming rig with 450w?

76561197996799113.png

#7527 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

You can power a high end gaming rig with 450w?

High end CPU/GPU typically have a v2 released a while after, same power, less energy consumed. Pick a quality PSU, the right components, never overclock, you can easily have an awesome rig with reasonable power requirements.

#7528 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8224 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

They've certainly stated their plans more clearly, which is probably something they should have done from the outset. I think this will help more people realize that the Steam Machine is meant as a console alternative and not as a replacement for everyone's current PC.

This is clearly a shot across the bow of Sony and Microsoft stating "We've got a machine for the living room that will always allow you to carry over your library from one generation to the next. We've got services that are free and friendly to the consumer. We have awesome sales and reasonably priced games. We don't necessarily need you."

I wonder how much these will be. That"s some beast hardware in there.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#7529 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4041 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Still not enough power for gta v

#7530 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

High end CPU/GPU typically have a v2 released a while after, same power, less energy consumed. Pick a quality PSU, the right components, never overclock, you can easily have an awesome rig with reasonable power requirements.

That's cool, I have a 650w currently and kind of thought I might have to upgrade it next time I upgrade my video card.

76561197996799113.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gabenfunbux, cardz, steam, steam deals, steam cards, pc